Windows 10: Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep

Discus and support Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I believe the issue is related to Modern Standby, I can increase the rate at which the issue occurs by reducing time to sleep, and subsequent time to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alasdairgrant1, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep

I believe the issue is related to Modern Standby, I can increase the rate at which the issue occurs by reducing time to sleep, and subsequent time to hibernate. I don't think the issue has occurred while the computer is unplugged. It manifests by being a "reboot" when I'm expecting it to resume from sleep/hibernate. At some point a BSOD occurs and I can find it in reliability history, Bluescreenview, etc.Trying to rule out hardware. I have tried DDU the discrete GPU drivers. The laptop was RMA'd and motherboard replaced for this issue and other unrelated BSOD. This issue persisted after

:)

alasdairgrant1, Mar 4, 2024

2. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Windows 10 putting laptop to sleep too frequently

Hi Ian,

Kindly provide us the following information to better assist you:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any changes prior to the concern?
    • Does the issue happens only in battery mode or even if it's plugged in?
    In the mean time, access Power & sleep and check if settings are correct. To access
    Power & sleep, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select System.
    • Choose Power & sleep.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep

Laptop starts work slower and shows BSOD

No, there was no minidump file.

After 4th BSOD, I did the following:

Hopefully, it will solve the issue. I'll post here if BSOD will happen again.

Roman 5678, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep

1. Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD laptop

2. Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD when laptop is in sleep: I believe the issue is related to Modern Standby, I can increase the rate at which the issue occurs by reducing time to sleep, and subsequent time to hibernate. I don't think the issue has occurred while the computer is unplugged. It manifests by being a "reboot" when I'm...
  3. Frequent BSODs on Windows laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs on Windows laptop: I recently had frequent BSOD on my Windows system. These were mostly when on battery. So I started using always plugged in. But today, I got BSOD when on battery when running docker build . command inside WSL.These are some sceenshots of event viewer:What might have gone...
  4. Frequent BSODs on Windows laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs on Windows laptop: I recently had frequent BSOD on my Windows system. These were mostly when on battery. So I started using always plugged in. But today, I got BSOD when on battery when running docker build . command inside WSL.These are some sceenshots of event viewer:What might have gone...
  5. Frequent BSODs on Windows laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Frequent BSOD after hibernation or sleep

Frequent BSOD after hibernation or sleep: I am facing frequent BSOD issue since last few months. BSOD generally occurs when booting from the hibernation state or sleep state. But likelihood of occurrence of BSOD after hibernation is more. I have tried updating all the system drivers to their latest version i.e....
  7. BSOD when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD when laptop goes to sleep: Hi everyone, I'm running windows 10 on a macbook with bootcamp. Everything was working well, but since 05/22 my laptop cannot go to sleep mode anymore. If I try to put it to sleep from the start menu or by closing the lid it crashes and reboot. I get the following error in...
  8. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode: Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys I used...
  9. Frequent BSOD When Waking From Sleep

Frequent BSOD When Waking From Sleep: So this one's been puzzling me for a while. I'm getting very frequent BSOD, and it most commonly occurs when waking the computer up from sleep in the morning. The error code is frequently different, and sometimes I don't get a crash but just get weird behavior. Like chrome...
  10. BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe

BSOD When laptop put to sleep. ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I have been having a recurrent BSOD when I put the laptop to sleep and once when restarting. From what I could gather from the dumps it is a ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe error. Not entirely sure what is causing it. I believe I have all...