Windows 10: Frequent BSOD when playing video games

Discus and support Frequent BSOD when playing video games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In the past month I have been experiencing BSOD crashes within ~15 minutes of starting up a moderately resource intensive video game. My specs Mobo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darrin32, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Darrin32 Win User

Frequent BSOD when playing video games

In the past month I have been experiencing BSOD crashes within ~15 minutes of starting up a moderately resource intensive video game.

My specs

Mobo - Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI-CF
    CPU - Intel i5-6500
    GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
    RAM - Teamgroup-UD4-2400 2x8GB
    SSD - Sandisk SDSSDA 480GB
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64 Build 18362.900

Things I've attempted

Fresh install of Windows 10

Updated BIOS and drivers

Benchmarked/Stress Tested GPU and CPU with no issue

Passed Memtest86+

I recently RMA'd my ram because 1 of the sticks stopped working. The replacements seem to work fine and pass memtest without errors, but the BSOD issues weren't happening with my old RAM.

I tried running Drive Verifier, and my PC crashes within minutes, which makes me suspect this is a driver issue.

Onedrive link to some of my recent minidumps. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE8ThkfHUwNowsWPNAkevCiwBRZ?e=w8IcNC

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Darrin32, Jun 19, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 19, 2020
  3. gaslight Win User
    BSOD while playing games (EFrequent BSOD when playing video games :D & Civ 5) or Youtube

Hi All,
    Hoping to ask for help with frequent BSOD while playing games.
    When playing games (Elite Dangerous or Civ5) and playing Youtube, I will eventually receive a BSOD screen (I've posted an upload of those files in the link below). I've gone through the following trouble-shooting:

• Watched the temperature: it's remained around the 20-30 C range with the CPU at the lower end and the graphics card on the upper-end
    • Updated drivers: ran windows updates, MSI's updates, etc.
    • Ran MemTest86+ which I had seen as a recommendation in a forum to diagnose faults with RAM. All 12 gigs passed with no issues
    • Re-installed a clean version of Windows 10 and performed the driver updates to get the latest and greatest
    • Unplugged all USB cables with the exception of the mouse and keyboard (removed my USB hub, joystick, etc.)
    • Installed my old graphics card an HIS 7850
    Setup

I assume that this is a driver issue with the video card, given the above. If this is correct, is there any way of saying whether it's a faulty video card or user-error?

edit: removed link to DMP files.

gaslight, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Frequent BSOD when playing video games

losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD when playing video games

1. Frequent BSOD when playing video games - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD playing

2. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  3. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  4. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  5. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  6. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games: So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I started to have a problem in Fortnite where sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once a day of playing fortnite maybe) it would...
  8. Frequent BSODs while playing games

Frequent BSODs while playing games: Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed...
  9. BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.

BSOD playing games, or sometimes when watching videos.: Hey all. I've been getting bsod's mainly when I am playing League of Legends, or any other game really. It's been ongoing for about 2 months now. These past couple weeks have been very bad, happening every day. It's inconsistent as well, I could play for hours and nothing...
  10. BSOD frequently, specifically when playing games

BSOD frequently, specifically when playing games: Hey, I've been running windows 10 since April this year (on technical preview mostly) I've found that when I'm playing games (Fifa 15, Minecraft, Rocket League, Civilisation V etc) that my PC bluescreens so often, I'm at my wits end haha I'll leave this zipped file that...