Windows 10: Frequent BSOD while opening games only

Discus and support Frequent BSOD while opening games only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I open a game like CSGO, valorant, Shadow of tomb raider, it says can't allocate memory or texture loading error or engine error and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HimanshuNayak7, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Frequent BSOD while opening games only

Every time I open a game like CSGO, valorant, Shadow of tomb raider, it says can't allocate memory or texture loading error or engine error and then the GPU becomes inactive. Then I restart the laptop and it shows me the BSOD screen saying VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR. But during normal usage the GPU doesn't fail. Sometimes it opens the games and I can play without any crash but sometimes it crashes and after I restarts it gives me BSOD. I have run so many times GPU stress test and it doesn't fail and even check for errors but no errors and GPU doesn't fail. Btw I already have latest version of windows 10 and all my drivers are up to date. Also I have formatted laptop around 15 times but still no luck.

My PC specs:-

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52

BIOS: V1.12 type: UEFI

IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 12 CPUs, ~2.6GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    16 GB RAM

256 GB SSD

1 TB HDD

Here are the minidump and dump files:-

Dxdiag

010721-12031-01.dmp

010821-26453-01.dmp

MEMORY.DMP

:)

HimanshuNayak7, Jan 8, 2021

2. I have been having BSOD frequently

Hi James

Can you try the suggestion in step 2.

The games should still run with those items disabled and will allow you to check for a BSOD again.

Thanks

nigelyardley, Jan 8, 2021
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Alexxx Win User

Frequent BSOD while opening games only

Games Freeze Frequently / BSOD

World of Warcraft freezes frequently for up to a minute at times. The game crashed once, resulting in a BSOD.

Alexxx, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Frequent BSOD while opening games only

1. Frequent BSOD while opening games only - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD while

2. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only while gaming: Hi, I know there have been a lot of these questions asked before, but I'm completely at a loss on what to do so I'm hoping somebody more knowledgeable on these things could help. Recently, I booted up my old PC at my parents house because I'll be staying here for a few weeks....
  3. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only while gaming: Hi, I know there have been a lot of these questions asked before, but I'm completely at a loss on what to do so I'm hoping somebody more knowledgeable on these things could help. Recently, I booted up my old PC at my parents house because I'll be staying here for a few weeks....
  4. BSOD only while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent BSoD and crashes while gaming.

Frequent BSoD and crashes while gaming.: So, ever since I've gotten this PC, I've had crashes to desktop, or even BSoDs, while playing most games. Games include things like Total War: Warhammer 2, Satisfactory, Vermintide 2, Starcraft 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Necromunda Underhive Wars, GTA 5, Dawn of War 3 just to...
  6. Getting Frequent BSODs Especially while gaming

Getting Frequent BSODs Especially while gaming: Ok this is now getting More frequent whenever i play any game on my pc there's a random chance that the pc gets a bsod saying critical process died or memory management. So i tried to figure out what is the cause of the problem i went to event viewer and found out a critical...
  7. Frequent BSODs while playing games

Frequent BSODs while playing games: Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed...
  8. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...
  9. BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming

BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming: The BSOD's I was getting at first, while gaming ( World of Warcraft Mainly) were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and wdf01000.sys . This has been happening for some time now but was unable to resolve the issue after updating the wireless adapter...
  10. BSOD happening frequently while working/gaming

BSOD happening frequently while working/gaming: Hi all, I'm getting BSOD frequently in windows 10 enterprise. I've updated windows in the past several days, but to no avail. The system crashes in steam, battle.net, as well as performing normal tasks. I've run a memory test, and a disk scan, and both passed. Attached...