Windows 10: Frequent BSOD whilst gaming

Discus and support Frequent BSOD whilst gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been getting this BSOD whilst gaming very frequently and for quite some time now, and am finally at my wits end. Any help solving this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wabbit23, May 14, 2016.

1. Wabbit23 Win User

Frequent BSOD whilst gaming

Hi all, I have been getting this BSOD whilst gaming very frequently and for quite some time now, and am finally at my wits end. Any help solving this would be very much appreciated. I had originally thought that the issue was with the Elan mousepad drivers, but updating them didn't help. The usual line is driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.sys).

Attachment 79865

:)

Wabbit23, May 14, 2016

2. Problem with Windows 10 BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

Hi,

I get frequent BSODs regardless of apps, whether in game or not, etc.

I have uploaded the mini dump here:

DropMeFiles – free one-click file sharing service

YankoChamov, May 14, 2016
  3. apank Win User
    Whea_uncorrectable_error only when playing games

I've been experiencing the Whea_Uncorrectable_error BSOD when playing games like CSGO or planetside 2, but not League of legends. It happened frequently when playing the mentioned games on 8.1, then when I upgraded to Win 10 it still occurred.

apank, May 14, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

As you said the elan driver is blamed
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck D1, {ffffe008ac18572e, 2, 0, fffff801d2e8343c} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ETD.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ETD.sys Probably caused by : ETD.sys ( ETD+2343c ) 0: kd> lmvm ETD start end module name fffff801`d2e60000 fffff801`d2ed1000 ETD T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ETD.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ETD.sys Image name: ETD.sys Timestamp: Thu Apr 23 08:23:31 2015 (55388FE3) CheckSum: 000724D1 ImageSize: 00071000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] The drivers is from april 23 2015 and predates windows 10.
    Where did you downloaded the updated driver from?
    Your supportpage for your laptop has a windows 10 driver Metabox Driver Downloads
    Uninstall the current one and reinstall the driver from your supportpage.
    advice:
    check/update also the other drivers from this supportpage ( esp. fingerprint / airplane mode driver)

lifetec, May 14, 2016
  5. Wabbit23 Win User
    The drivers is from april 23 2015 and predates windows 10.
    Where did you downloaded the updated driver from?
    Your supportpage for your laptop has a windows 10 driver Metabox Driver Downloads
    Uninstall the current one and reinstall the driver from your supportpage.[/quote] Thanks for the speedy reply. I had previously used the drivers you mentioned to update, but I'll have another go. Hopefully this time the issue is solved. Thanks

Wabbit23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD whilst gaming - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD whilst

2. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  3. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  4. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  5. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  6. Bsod whilst playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod whilst playing games: My PC BSODS Critical_Process_Died whilst playing gamesDMP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDwxz1NoYMyg9ZG4F7mBgpYnQ9mqg?e=YYtKEsIf anyone could help it would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-whilst-playing-games/40ee6bf7-8bea-414b-bdf3-d44cdac5af69
  7. BSOD whilst gaming & streaming.

BSOD whilst gaming & streaming.: Hi, I had the dreaded BSOD tonight while playing Black Ops Cold War, my pc just locked up on me, I restarted and all was fine. I have also been having a issue where I would login to my pc and the screen would stay black with a mouse cursor, I can Alt + CTRL + Del and see the...
  8. Question BSOD whilst gaming

Question BSOD whilst gaming: Hi yesterday out of nowwhere i experienced two bsods whilst gaming and also today. The games were bf4 and Forza Horizon 4. My specs are below 8700k@ 4.7GHz all cores 3600mhz 16gb ram Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ 650w seasonic psu 970 evo ssd + 4tb WD HDD Windows 10 1809 and...
  9. Constant BSOD Whilst gaming

Constant BSOD Whilst gaming: Hi there, Hopefully you can help me, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming or watching Youtube. I've updated all the drivers that i know off and have memtested the ram and it seems OK. I've recently upgraded the PSU aswell to a EVGA 650W G2 as i thought my old...
  10. BSODs whilst gaming

BSODs whilst gaming: Hi, I've been getting a few bluescreens and generalh CTDs whilst gaming quite a lot. So far I've replaced the motherboard (though becuase the old one was a dud), replaced the power supply (also dud) and rolled back my graphics drivers to 355.98, I also used DDU to remove...