Windows 10: Frequent BSOD with different error code

Discus and support Frequent BSOD with different error code in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi ! Since I build this computer1 year ago, I had random BSOD like every month. But recently it became more common like everyday. The errors that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cirith_Ungol, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD with different error code

Hi !

Since I build this computer1 year ago, I had random BSOD like every month. But recently it became more common like everyday.

The errors that often appears are :

-IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

-ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have checked for common solutions on the internet. My ram was tested 3 times with memtest86 3 full pass. I had a HDD that showed some errors which could cause BSOD so I removed it. I had twice an error that showed an Nvidia driver as a cause and a friend lended me a RX Vega 56 and I still got BSODs. I used driver verifier to find what was causing an issue and I had no crash for 2 days with it enabled.

Here is a copy paste of WhoCrashed, I have the minidump and also the full memory.DMP available if needed :

System Information local

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-J0J5LNP

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363

Windows dir: C:\Windows

Hardware: MS-7B86, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd, B450 GAMING PLUS MS-7B86

CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor AMD8664, level: 23

12 logical processors, active mask: 4095

RAM: 17128194048 bytes 16,0GB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:

C:\Windows

C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sun 05/07/2020 10:19:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070520-11640-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C23A0

Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x1A0, 0xFF, 0x7E, 0xFFFFF8032104AA4F

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 05/07/2020 10:19:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!setjmpex+0x81C9

Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x1A0, 0xFF, 0x7E, 0xFFFFF8032104AA4F

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 04/07/2020 22:51:01 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070420-11515-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x65, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8045444D311

On Thu 02/07/2020 20:01:42 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-11109-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0x2, 0x8, 0x0

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

On Thu 02/07/2020 14:25:39 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070220-13250-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xFC 0xFFFFF80652590180, 0x89000000007CB963, 0xFFFFF8065A06B5F0, 0x0

Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.

This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating thermal issue. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

On Wed 01/07/2020 23:41:46 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070120-13359-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys 0xFFFFF8047A66975B

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x2C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8047A66975B

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys

description: USB XHCI Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

:)

Cirith_Ungol, Jul 5, 2020
  2. philc43 Win User

BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Hello and welcome to TenForums Frequent BSOD with different error code :)

The log files that you provided only show one crash dump file so there is not a lot of information to go on. Furthermore the bugcheck code is not one I have ever seen before!

The stack recorded in the dump includes some references to storage and the analysis suggests memory corruption and so with nothing else to go on I would suggest that you do a check on the hard disk and RAM. This maybe the same as you have already run but it would be good to see the results.

Try CHKDSK
    using option 3
    Then

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Similarly with a memory test it would be good to post the results after you have run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes

You indicated that many more crashes have occurred, however, they are not being recorded. Please make sure that your system is setup to record crash dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

If the BSOD errors are all different it does tend to suggest a hardware problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

philc43, Jul 5, 2020
  3. BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Here you go, the HD tune scans, did memtest but after 1.5hrs only one pass had been finished so will leave it on tonight again for more passes.

shinigami8671, Jul 5, 2020
  4. cplpro Win User

Frequent BSOD with different error code

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Frequent BSOD with different error code :)

cplpro, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD with different error code

1. Frequent BSOD with different error code - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD different

2. Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.: I have been having frequent BSODs. Different errors each time. Common errors are irql_not_less_or_equal, system_service_exception, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Sometimes it is accompanied by ntoskrnl.exe failed. I have updated all the drivers, ran all tests from the forums...
  3. Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.: I have been having frequent BSODs. Different errors each time. Common errors are irql_not_less_or_equal, system_service_exception, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Sometimes it is accompanied by ntoskrnl.exe failed. I have updated all the drivers, ran all tests from the forums...
  4. Frequent BSODs with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with different stop codes: I've been having trouble with BSOD over a couple of months and today I decided to try a clean install of my pc. it was fine at first but like an hour after I had downloaded some apps - Avast Antivirus, Malwarebytes, Blue Screen Viewer, Mega.nz, Nvidia GeForce Experience,...
  5. Frequent BSODs with different stop codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs with different stop codes: I've been having trouble with BSOD over a couple of months and today I decided to try a clean install of my pc. it was fine at first but like an hour after I had downloaded some apps - Avast Antivirus, Malwarebytes, Blue Screen Viewer, Mega.nz, Nvidia GeForce Experience,...
  6. Frequent BSODs with different stop codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Getting BSOD with different codes frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting BSOD with different codes frequently: Hi, I am getting the BSOD issues which is very annoying. Can you please help me to fix this issue. I am providing you the minidumps files, system info and specification files so you can identify the problem with my pc. Moreover, I also run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and...
  8. Frequent BSOD and each time a different error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD and each time a different error code: I recently updated windows to 1903 10.0.18362 and now after one week I am facing a lot of BSOD. I have reset windows but still I get the BSOD. Sometimes I am not even able to get into windows as it automatically goes into automatic repair. But somehow after many attempts I...
  9. Getting BSOD frequently in different codes

Getting BSOD frequently in different codes: Hey, I recently upgraded my system with Intel 660P 512GB and 2 sticks of Corsair Vengeance 8GB and performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, since then I've been getting blue screens in different error codes. Run memory diagnostic tool and the free version of memtest86 a...
  10. Frequent BSODs with different errors

Frequent BSODs with different errors: Hi everyone. I've been having these random BSODs randomly and have been in and out of repair shops with my laptop and still couldn't figure out what's been causing them. I already had it reformatted because the repair guy told me it was probably a virus or a jumbled registry...