Windows 10: Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Discus and support Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've flat wiped my laptop already and the problem is still persisiting. It has an intel video adaptor and an Nvidia 1050 as well. Tried updating all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spacejocks, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

I've flat wiped my laptop already and the problem is still persisiting. It has an intel video adaptor and an Nvidia 1050 as well. Tried updating all drivers etc but still having no joy with it. The error from eventvwr is:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

Date: 04/07/2020 14:21:07

Event ID: 1001

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-B48NEBN

Description:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffc78ff5419060, 0xfffff805469e3c00, 0xffffc78ff58168a0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: dc8ebadf-d6da-4ffb-85e7-7cc336e98457.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-07-04T13:21:07.674012800Z" />

<EventRecordID>5931</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-B48NEBN</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffc78ff5419060, 0xfffff805469e3c00, 0xffffc78ff58168a0</Data>

<Data Name="param2">C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP</Data>

<Data Name="param3">dc8ebadf-d6da-4ffb-85e7-7cc336e98457</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I would provide a copy of my dump file but its over 1Gb in size, and my connection isn't the best where I'm at currently.

:)

Spacejocks, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Lionel_23 Win User
    Lionel_23, Jul 4, 2020
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

1. Frequent BSOD with VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

2. BSoD with error code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD with error code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: I am using Acer Aspire 7 A75-51G-51H8 with i5-9300H processor and GTX 1650ti. From early September my laptop keeps getting into BSoD with error code: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. I have already reset my device. The frequency has decreased probably because I do not have any...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hello, i've been having some trouble lately on my personal laptop with bluescreens lately. The bluescreens seem to happen most whenever i'm gaming or doing video-editing.I've used WinDbg to try and analyze some of the bluescreens and below i've listed what i've found.Does...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE & VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hello, i've been having some trouble lately on my personal laptop with bluescreens lately. The bluescreens seem to happen most whenever i'm gaming or doing video-editing.I've used WinDbg to try and analyze some of the bluescreens and below i've listed what i've found.Does...
  5. BSoD ( VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR )

BSoD ( VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR ): Hi there, I've been facing this issue for the last several months where my laptop freezes up and crashes with that BSoD. It does not seem to be able to detect my GPU after the crash until I restart my laptop as well. I've also seen this ( nvdisplaycontainer.exe has crashed...
  6. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Hi, I have posted some minidump files in this thread but they were not answered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videodxgkrnlfatalerror-bsod/3fa21308-43cf-4a85-9dd2-24690306f1e2...
  7. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR BSOD: Using Asus UX331UN, Windows 10 Home Crash with error VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR I attached the dumpfile below. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtkkSAO64sYMggTXoW1cosIWAYiq?e=bmMiZv...
  8. VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR

VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR: Having blue screen upon restart from hibernation mode "VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR" since build 18342. Occurring every time after wake on mouse/keyboard. Home built unit in intel i7-4770k using onboard processor graphics. Anyone else having same occurance?...
  9. BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after updating to...

BSOD Error: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR & DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after updating to...: Hi Dear, I'm using "ASUS Vivobook 15 X542UN" Notebook. Previous Day i download windows 10 1809 from Microsoft website and clean install it. After That i download intel driver from intel official website according to my Notebook Processor...
  10. 35 BSODs since Nov. 2016: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error

35 BSODs since Nov. 2016: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error: Hello- I am at a loss to solve my BSOD problem, which is occurring with increasing frequency. It is always the same error: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error. It occurs randomly and without warning. After the BSOD, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M is hidden in the Device Manager and...