Windows 10: Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED

Discus and support Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting frequent BSOD's. Hardware tests have all come out clear. I am using all the latest drivers but have not been able to resolve the problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gregcccc, Oct 28, 2015.

1. gregcccc Win User

Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED

I am getting frequent BSOD's. Hardware tests have all come out clear. I am using all the latest drivers but have not been able to resolve the problem.

Could you please take a look at the attached files and advise what I should do next.

Many thanks,
    Greg

:)

gregcccc, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Alan B Win User

Continuously receiving different Blue Screen of Death

Frequent and different BSODs is something frequently caused by faulty RAM memory.

Alan B, Oct 28, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    Frequent BSOD?

The minidump file points to the SynTP.sys :

BugCheck D1, {ffffc78d240de004, 2, 0, fffff80dfdcf5174}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SynTP.sys

Probably caused by : SynTP.sys ( SynTP+95174 )

The SynTP.sys is the Synaptics touchpad driver so try uninstalling and reinstalling the Synaptics touchpad driver using the latest version available from the manufacturer of the notebook.

auggy, Oct 28, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi gregcccc,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What hardware tests have you performed?
    Code: FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner IMAGE_NAME: hardware DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.10240.16412 STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xffffd00024ed8580 ; kb MODULE_NAME: hardware FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED[/quote] Please check Trusteer for software update, I assume you can't remove it as it is a part of an organisation?
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm RapportCerberus64_1507072 start end module name fffff801`240b0000 fffff801`241986e0 RapportCerberus64_1507072 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: RapportCerberus64_1507072.sys Image path: \??\C:\ProgramData\Trusteer\Rapport\store\exts\RapportCerberus\baseline\RapportCerberus64_1507072.sys Image name: RapportCerberus64_1507072.sys Timestamp: Mon Sep 07 08:56:59 2015 (55ED353B) CheckSum: 000F6EA6 ImageSize: 000E86E0 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. gregcccc Win User
    Hi axe0,

Thanks for taking a look at my issue.

I should be able to get Rapport updated without too many problems.

I have run the following:
    Memtest 86
    Prime95
    Passmark Burn In Test
    Passmark Performance Test 8

I am happy to try any others you recommend.

Kind regards,
    Greg

gregcccc, Oct 28, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. gregcccc Win User
    Hi axe0

Thanks for your suggestions.

- I have checked and Rapport is the latest version.
    - Chkdsk found no problems
    - Seatools Short Generic found no problems on D (I have not run it on C since I have an SSD). Long Generic is still running but has found no problems thus far.

What is your suggested next step?

Greg

gregcccc, Oct 29, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

My next step is asking you if you did memtest86 or memtest86+, some are confused with these 2 tests because of the "+".
    If you have done memtest86, please run MemTest86+

Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

9. gregcccc Win User
    I ran Memtest86+ over the weekend. 33 passes over 70 hours. 81 errors - all on Test 7. Errors were across several RAM ranges.

How would you interpret this result?

Greg

gregcccc, Nov 1, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    That your memory is causing you issues.
    Follow the tutorial to narrow down what slot(s)/stick(s) is/are causing it.

Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD - X64_IP_MISALIGNED - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD X64_IP_MISALIGNED

2. FREQUENT BSOD!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FREQUENT BSOD!!: Whenever I use my pc after some 10-15 minutes my pc crashes. Before 1-3seconds of crashing a little bit of monitor light fluctuation happens and EROR: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. And sometimes I get black screen while booting. Please help me!...
  3. Frequent BSOD

Frequent BSOD: I am frequently facing an "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" BSOD. Tried to follow the different troubleshooting steps but the BSOD error reoccurs before any of them can finish. I was however able to run Memory Diagnostics and there is no issue with the RAM. Kindly help!Latest...
  4. Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD: Hi, I am experiencing frequent BSOD of various reasons, but mainly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. They do not happen when I play games usually like valorant, but more so during daily casual use eg Youtube, Zoom meetings etc. I am not sure what the issue is...
  5. Frequent Bsod

Frequent Bsod: After installing Bitdefender anti virus I started getting Bsods on my PC. I have uninstalled it now but Bsods continue. Please help/advise. Thanks. dump file is attached for refference https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGm3zjrm93P1pmpF1K4IEgJ2o2-lE0oK/view?usp=sharing...
  6. Frequent Bsods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Bsods: Hello, I've been having frequent bsods for awhile now with various different error codes. I've tried every solution online such as sfc scannow, dism, windows diagnostic, and memtest86. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my dmp files to help me out, thank you....
  7. Frequent Bsods

Frequent Bsods: Hello, I've been having frequent bsods for awhile now with various different error codes. I've tried every solution online such as sfc scannow, dism, windows diagnostic, and memtest86. I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my dmp files to help me out, thank you....
  8. Frequent BSOD

Frequent BSOD: I have no idea why my computer keeps crashing. Attached is a link to the dropbox with my dmp files and what windbg says. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcc6l9v79oa6k26/Minidump.zip?dl=0Thank you...
  9. Frequent BSODs

Frequent BSODs: Hi! I have problems with my Teclast F15 laptop running Windows 10 Pro, build 1909, I experience multiple BSODs while doing standard work no gaming. Minidumps are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtupNOIyIqF_gYhhu_0RZTmDy7-YuA?e=QGnX28 Any culprits? Thank you! M...
  10. Frequent BSOD

Frequent BSOD: Hello guys. In the past few months my PC has been constantly having a BSOD, usually 2 times a week or so (more frequently in the last few days). Most of the times it happens right after booting the OS, with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. One time I also got something related to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluescreen ip_misaligned

2. ip misaligned win 10

3. bluescreen code a ip_misalighned

4. IP_MISALIGNED_dxgkrnl.sys,
  5. FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_IP_MISALIGNED