Windows 10: Frequent BSOD

Discus and support Frequent BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have been running into multiple BSOD`s. If I have an external monitor plugged in I get the bsod in the login screen from windows. If not,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hdJapa, May 15, 2019.

1. hdJapa Win User

Frequent BSOD

Hello guys,
    I have been running into multiple BSOD`s.
    If I have an external monitor plugged in I get the bsod in the login screen from windows.
    If not, while using the pc I also get multiple bsod`s. The error code is always the same: video_tdr_failure - nvlddmkm.sys

I created a log with "dm_log_collector".
    See attached.
    DIEGOAVELLPC-(2019-05-15_13-07-58).zip

I would appreciate any help in solving this and thank you in advance.

:)

hdJapa, May 15, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, May 15, 2019
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, May 15, 2019
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent BSOD

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

Frequent BSOD [​IMG]

Frequent BSOD [​IMG]

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Frequent BSOD

1. Frequent BSOD - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD

2. Now Frequent BSOD Error "irql not less or equal"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Now Frequent BSOD Error "irql not less or equal": Hello, my pc has recently started blue screening fairly frequently, 2 or 3 times a day. It is great hardware, so it is mildly infuriating that I cannot seem to troubleshoot the problem myself no matter how much googling I do. It is the "irql not less or equal" error. Below I...
  3. Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game: I have recently been enduring a large number of bluescreens with varying error codes, I have noticed this while installing games particularly ( latest game to crash my PC was Destiny 2 ). So far I have used chkdsk, sfc and mdsched and none of them found any issues. I have...
  4. Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC: Hi, I have recently purchased a pre built pc solely for gaming, specs are: Intel i7 9700k, Zotac RTX 2070 Extreme Core Edition, Teamgroup Vulcan 3000mhz 8GB RAM (x2), on a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard. Using MSI Afterburner for GPU fan control, but not overclocking...
  5. Frequent BSOD, several different error messages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent BSOD, several different error messages: My system has been experiencing frequent BSOD for the last several weeks. Several different messages occur: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (FLTMGR.SYS) APC INDEX MISMATCH Latest Minidump Files are from a month ago. Can't find...
  6. Frequent Windows Crashes / BSOD

Frequent Windows Crashes / BSOD: I'm running on Windows 10 Pro version with the latest updates. My PC has randomly crash at least once a day. This has been going on for quite some time - I have no idea what's causing the crash. Below is the description of the crash that I found in the system. Also including...
  7. After Upgrade from Windows 7 Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Upgrade from Windows 7 Frequent BSOD: Good Morning, After an upgrade from Windows 7 we're experiencing 7-10 BSOD weekly. I don't see a way to attach the .DMP file so below is the output from Windbg. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17763.132 AMD64...
  8. Frequent BSODs

Frequent BSODs: I got frequent BSOD (once/twice daily) and is quite annoying. Using bluscreenview to analyse the minidumps, it shows that the ntoskrnl.exe is the faulting module. This is a new machine I acquired recently. Initially I had hardware hangs and the system board and wifi...
  9. frequent BSOD

frequent BSOD: My PC keeps crashing. BSOD, with various error codes. As follows: 1) Problemsignatur Problemereignisame: BlueScreen Code: 1e Parameter 1: ffffffffc0000005 Parameter 2: fffff38d962d268b Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: ffffffffffffffff Betriebssystemversion:...
  10. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games: So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I started to have a problem in Fortnite where sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once a day of playing fortnite maybe) it would...