Windows 10: Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes

Discus and support Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing frequent BSODs that occur at seemingly random times, and I would really appreciate your help. (The debug files from DM log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jcx, Jan 15, 2017.

1. JCX
    jcx Win User

Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes

Hello,

I am experiencing frequent BSODs that occur at seemingly random times, and I would really appreciate your help. (The debug files from DM log collector are attached.)

Here are some variables that can help with a diagnosis:

- Disabling all startup programs seemed to help (at least I am not experiencing any reboot cycles), but it is still happening (at the moment, roughly every 30 minutes).

- After a BSOD, the computer sometimes cannot get pass the initial boot sequence and I don't even see a BIOS screen. More seldom, I am also presented with a warning message that says that there is a problem with the kernel. After turning the computer off for 10 minutes or so, Windows is able to boot again.

- I don't have any heating issues with the computer.

Thank you very much for your help in advance; I will be eternally grateful if you could help me end this madness!

:)

2. Gigamic Win User

Various BSoD Errors After New System Build

I have been experiencing various BSoD errors after recently building a new PC. The errors themselves are varied but most seem to be related to 'ntoskernel.exe.' I am wondering if someone can help me interpret these minidump files as I am stumped at the moment.

DMPs – Google Drive

(link to minidump archive)

Things to note:

-I have tried running memtest (three passes over 5 hours) and it returned no errors.

-I did the sfc/scannow thing (no errors)

-The BSoDs seem to happen at random times. I've experienced them while starting up the computer, installing a game, watching a video. One even happened in sleep mode.

-The errors are infrequent (maybe once a day), but they are frequent enough to be an issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Gigamic, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Inconsistent Blue Screen Error

Hopefully someone here can shed light on what is ailing me.

I am getting random BSOD errors; not only do their timings vary but also their reason.

They could be a WHEA error, a SERVICE ERROR and sometimes an IRQL_IS_NOT_LESS_THAN (?) error.

I suspect that it is the RAM but is it possible to pin down which driver is causing these issues? I have all the mini-dump files if they will help in debugging the issue.

My thanks in advance.

WiseHacker, Jan 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello jcx *Smile

Looking at the bsod reports I see references to a hardware problem, most likely the memory. Did you add additional memory and was it recommended as being compatible?

Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  5. JCX
    jcx Win User
    Thank you very much for your help and recommendation philc43!

I did not run Memtest but tried plugging out one of the rams I had. It worked!
    Indeed, it was a damaged/incompatible RAM (which I found lying around a few years ago).

Cheers!

Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs random

2. Frequent Varying BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Varying BSODs: Hello!I've recently been dealing with quite a few BSODs and I have been monitoring and logging all the ones that I've discovered and figured it was best to ask here for any assistance.Listed below are all the BSODs I've occurred over the past week or...
  3. Frequent and varied BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent and varied BSODs: For the last couple of months, I've been receiving random BSODs such as:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDRIVER_OVERRUN_STACK_BUFFERSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONAnd so on.I've tried with fresh Window installation, disabling drivers, updating them. I've tried sfc...
  4. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  5. Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time

Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time: This has been going on for quite a while, I reinstalled OS, replaced OS drive, ran Memtest86+ twice with 0 errors, not sure what to do now. I've attached the minidumps for my 3 most recent crashes. Any help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvlkeXYpyZj72SgpUQ6VXA5PHw09?e=uOFXD5...
  6. Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time: This has been going on for quite a while, I reinstalled OS, replaced OS drive, ran Memtest86+ twice with 0 errors, not sure what to do now. I've attached the minidumps for my 3 most recent crashes. Any help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvlkeXYpyZj72SgpUQ6VXA5PHw09?e=uOFXD5...
  7. Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Frequent (and varied) BSOD's

Frequent (and varied) BSOD's: For a month now, my computer has frequently (At least twice a day) been soft-locking up (IE everything pauses for a couple seconds as I frantically try and do something, and then everything happening at once at the end of it). Just a several hours ago my computer BSOD'ed to...
  9. Frequent BSOD with varying errors

Frequent BSOD with varying errors: Hello, I am experiencing frequent BSOD errors while using my desktop running Windows 10. Most frequently the error is a Kernel_Security_Check_Failure however I have also seen "IQR Not Less or Equal" and "KMode exception not handled". None of these error codes are ever...
  10. Frequent BSOD Varied Error Messages

Frequent BSOD Varied Error Messages: Hello, this is a problem I have been having for about a month now. I have been running Windows 10 since July 29th. I am getting frequent BSODs, they seem unpredictable, I have noticed no pattern to them. My system will crash anytime, including during startup and any...