Windows 10: Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Discus and support Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently, my Windows 10 PC has been frequently freezing up, followed by a BSOD saying "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This has only been happening for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ion_D-worth, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Recently, my Windows 10 PC has been frequently freezing up, followed by a BSOD saying "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This has only been happening for the past month. I ran "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth", which both found no issues with my Windows 10 installation. Does anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Ion_D-worth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ion_D-worth, Mar 1, 2020
  2. ChrisHaEs Win User

BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Mar 1, 2020
  3. ChrisHaEs Win User

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Mar 1, 2020
  4. ChrisHaEs Win User

Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

Hello....

I keep getting BSOD with DPC_Watchdog_Violation error code....

Here is the link to my MEMORY.dmp: MEMORY.rar

The Minidump files are 0Kb for some reason so I upload the bigger MEMORY.dmp instead....

Please help me....

Thank you very much....

ChrisHaEs, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

1. Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs due

2. BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hi, I've came back with recently more crashes. I've tried to follow some troubleshooting steps to trace what happened.Here's the minidump file if any of you can manage to check on what is the possible fault.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjIyJDub4yL6SvSMjl2QdHeemr5?e=Qi6hA4Here's my...
  3. BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hi, I've came back with recently more crashes. I've tried to follow some troubleshooting steps to trace what happened.Here's the minidump file if any of you can manage to check on what is the possible fault.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApjIyJDub4yL6SvSMjl2QdHeemr5?e=Qi6hA4Here's my...
  4. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Hello, I have been getting frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. It happens randomly and is getting very annoying. I ran CHKDSK command and it did not find any error. I ran sfc /scannow command and apparently windows found and fixed the corrupted files? However, the problem...
  5. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to rtwlanu.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to rtwlanu.sys: Dear Microsoft support team,I have been battling for months by now with BSOD caused by my wireless driver. There are multiple threads on this same issue also on these forums, I've been trying to action them and none of them lead to a solution yet, therefore I post my specific...
  6. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to rtwlanu.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to rtwlanu.sys: Dear Microsoft support team,I have been battling for months by now with BSOD caused by my wireless driver. There are multiple threads on this same issue also on these forums, I've been trying to action them and none of them lead to a solution yet, therefore I post my specific...
  7. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION due to rtwlanu.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I'm getting BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message multiple times of day. This mostly happens while playing video, but rarely while playing games. I've tried clean install graphics drivers and also updated sound drivers. Unfortunately this gave no effect and...
  9. Frequent BSOD crashes, stating "DPC_watchdog_violation"

Frequent BSOD crashes, stating "DPC_watchdog_violation": Occurs whilst working, gaming, streaming videos. Screen freezes, audio continues for a while. Sometimes unfreezes there and then but most times continues to BSOD stating "DPC_watchdog_violation". Happens as much as four times an hour. Happened whilst typing this question...
  10. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...