Windows 10: Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Discus and support Frequent BSODs even after clean install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by darkest.white, May 23, 2020.

1. Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Hey everyone,

Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however lately my computer has been giving me nothing but trouble.

Basically I am getting random BSODs, several unique ones, also random freezing. Rebooting the computer fixes this, however it tends to happen at least once a day, today was 3 times.

I have done a clean install of windows a few weeks ago to try to resolve these issues, installing the latest drivers from manufacturer's website, latest bios and all and if anything it seems to be getting worse.

I ran DDU Uninstaller for my GPU drivers and reinstalled a couple weeks ago as well.

I have still yet to do a memory test on my RAM, i ran intel's diagnostic tool for my CPU which passed.

My last BSODs:

On Sat 5/23/2020 6:43:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052320-7625-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys 0xFFFFF80028D28DF8
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80028D28DF8
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: USB XHCI Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sat 5/23/2020 6:43:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: usbxhci.sys 0xFFFFF80028D28DF8
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80028D28DF8
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbxhci.sys
    description: USB XHCI Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a storage driver or controller driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Sat 5/23/2020 3:29:46 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\052320-8046-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 0x3, 0xFFFFAC050A036850, 0xFFFFAC050A0367A8, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 5/10/2020 6:18:49 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051020-7718-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys 0xFFFFF807093BA320
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF807093BA320, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
    description: TCP/IP Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 5/5/2020 6:26:36 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050520-7953-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 0x3, 0xFFFFF8000F82A2B0, 0xFFFFF8000F82A208, 0x0
    Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 4/28/2020 8:17:57 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042820-7906-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys 0xFFFFF80729E70705
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80729E70705, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_95bdb3a23d6478de\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.87
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.87
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 445.87 , NVIDIA Corporation.
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Note that when the system freezes, no dump file is created.

Specs:

i7-4770k

16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM

Samsung Evo 960 500GB, a samsung Evo 850, and a couple HDDs

RTX 2080

1000w Antec psu

MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition Mobo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

darkest.white, May 23, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 23, 2020
  3. trickson Win User
    7 different BSoD

First off this is what I went through once I installed them 11.1 drivers . BSOD till I had to reinstall the OS .
    It seems that some maybe missing the point here this STARTED for you after you installed the 11.1 drivers and then as it would seem you are getting them after a clean install of the old drivers . Correct ? If so have you wiped the HDD and did a clean install of the OS ?
    If not then I would do this before thinking your cards are going out .

trickson, May 23, 2020
  4. Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSODs even after clean install

1. Frequent BSODs even after clean install - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs clean

2. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  3. Random BSODs even after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs even after clean windows install: Since January my laptop has been getting Random BSODs, the error codes are different, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. The crashes used to happen rarely and I never thought much about it. They got worse and I decided to update to Windows 11. They got...
  4. Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD even after clean Windows install.: Hello, I have a PC mainly used for gaming.It gets a BSOD sometimes most commonly DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER.I don't really know what causes all this but I have the minidumps so I'll share it with those who want to help.Any helping comment is highly appreciated.The dump...
  5. BSOD even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD even after clean install of Windows: Hi guys, I've been having BSODs randomly throughout the day for the past 2 weeks, did all kinds of debugging trying to address it with no luck. Just did a fresh install last night and ran windows memtest with no error overnight but this morning I got 2 more BSOD. System...
  6. BSOD persists even after a clean install

BSOD persists even after a clean install: The last few days I found my Windows 10 encountering BSOD, with a few other minor problems I was having, I just decided to do a fresh install. Even during the setup process and ever since the the blue screen still continues. For the sake of it, I have some driver updates and...
  7. BSOD Even After Clean Windows Install

BSOD Even After Clean Windows Install: About a month or two ago I started getting BSOD while gaming. I tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps and nothing worked, so I decided to go for a clean Windows install. I didn't keep any personal files. I didn't get a BSOD for a few days, then it started up again. I get one...
  8. Random BSODs even after clean install

Random BSODs even after clean install: Hello all! I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment. About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers NVIDIA Dedicated GPU, and I got presented with a BSOD. I do...
  9. Mulitple BSOD even after clean installation

Mulitple BSOD even after clean installation: Hello, I have been getting BSOD (probably all of them, I took pictures and almost everytime it was different...) on and on for a while now. I did clean reset my computer but it did not solve anything. Here is a link to my dmp files and system info:...
  10. Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD

Fresh, clean install- frequent BSOD: Hi guys, hate to introduce myself this way but need some help. PC is Lenovo Erazer X510, has fresh, clean installed Win 10 Pro. Getting BSODs. Tried reading the dump with WhoCrashed, not getting any real info: crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010416-12046-01.dmp This...