Windows 10: Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset

Discus and support Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has been an on and off issue for a while now, but the persistence of this problem has been bugging me quite a bit. A few months ago, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Terrace210, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset

This has been an on and off issue for a while now, but the persistence of this problem has been bugging me quite a bit. A few months ago, my computer started experiencing frequent BSODs. And by frequent, I mean on one day I got four in the span of an hour. Now, a few days earlier, I had updated my drivers using Driver Easy. I assumed that I had somehow installed an incorrect driver, so I rolled back the system to an earlier restore point. No dice. So, eventually, I reset the system. This solved the problem for just over a month or so.

Eventually this problem came back. Even more lost than before, after a few attempted fixes, I once again reset Windows. At this point, I have reset Windows at least once more due to this problem. It fixes the problem in the short-term, but somehow the BSODs always come back. Furthermore, the amount of time is takes for this to start again seems to be getting shorter with every reset.

Additionally, the specifics of the BSOD are always quite similar. Why this is happening even after resting my Windows is beyond me.

The details usually are:

• Bug check code: 0x00000139 or 0x0000000a
    • Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
    • Bug check string: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Probable solutions that I have tried so far include:

• Resetting Windows, as mentioned before
    • Running chkdsk
    • Running Windows Memory Diagnostic
    • Running Driver Verifier
    • Updating Windows

Here's a summary of my desktop via Speccy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hj3aQVuB_SC4k-8rT5waenGOmvh2HvNe/view?usp=sharing

I will gladly provide any other information requested.

Please lend any help if you can.

:)

Terrace210, Sep 15, 2020
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Sep 15, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset

Frequent BSOD since forced Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What are the changes or troubleshooting steps you have make prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest to refer the suggestion given by Zigzag3143, dated july 26, 2013.

Refer the link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

For more information, refer the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset

1. Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs reset

2. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  3. BSoD even after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD even after system reset: Hi,I've had my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 11 for a little of a year now. Recently it will crash periodically every couple hours with either "bad pool caller" and "kernel mode heap corruption. I though an entire system reboot would solve the problem but it did not. I have also...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset: I have had 2 BSOD in the last 2 weeks, i reset my Windows some time ago and it stopped crashing, but it started again recently, i did a RAM test and it said everything was good, CrystalDiskInfo was all my drives are good. I always crashes when i'm away from my PC.I suspect it...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset: I have had 2 BSOD in the last 2 weeks, i reset my Windows some time ago and it stopped crashing, but it started again recently, i did a RAM test and it said everything was good, CrystalDiskInfo was all my drives are good. I always crashes when i'm away from my PC.I suspect it...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe BSOD even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent BSODs due to ntoskrnl.exe even after doing a factory reset

Frequent BSODs due to ntoskrnl.exe even after doing a factory reset: I am facing frequent BSODs. Looking at the Minidumps I was able to figure out that the issue is due to the ntoskrnl.exe driver. But I couldnt figure out exactly which driver was causing this issue. Extended Memory scan that wenton for 2 days didnt show any errors. After...
  8. Frequent BSODs even after clean install

Frequent BSODs even after clean install: Hey everyone, Posting here looking for some help, now I'm a pretty tech savvy guy, have been building/ fixing computers for over 8 years, however lately my computer has been giving me nothing but trouble. Basically I am getting random BSODs, several unique ones, also...
  9. Recurring BSODs, even after reset.

Recurring BSODs, even after reset.: I have been getting multiple BSODs on my computer, during normal use. The errors show mostly CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. I then did tests on my RAM, HDD, ran SFC, DISM and reinstalled drivers. I still got them after that, so I got fed up and did a...
  10. BSOD even after full reset

BSOD even after full reset: Yesterday I started getting BSOD errors randomly. Happened 3 times, was all very sudden. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic a few times, all checked out. I formatted and reinstalled Windows, hoping to have everything fixed. After reinstalling some of my programs, another BSOD...