Windows 10: Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

Discus and support Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinAnacta, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will experience very frequent BSODs - it's a healthy mix of IRQL Not less or equal, Status Service Exception most frequent, Page fault in nonpaged area, Attempted to readonly memory, Kmode Exception

I'll troubleshoot to the best of my ability sfc and DISM scans, update windows, update drivers, system restore, Memory Diagnostic, reseating RAM, buying new RAM, trying different RAM slots, etc -please don't suggest these again, I've exhaustively repeated them at this point with no long term stable results. and the BSOD's will continue until, out of nowhere, the BSODs will stop and the PC will continue to run perfectly fine for the next week or so...and then the process will randomly start over.

Windows 10 x64 - build 19041

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
    MOBO: ASRock B450M Pro 4
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P3.60

RAM: 16GB 2x 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR4-3200

Could anyone analyze the last 4 dump files and the larger MEMORY file and tell me what is going on?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlNJB_t0NGevjR73pB7B-zGVzpa-?e=9bFbcZ

*I've also noticed that Chrome will suddenly crash while watching YouTube with a "System Service Exception" error, and that's often a sign that my suffering is to begin again

Thanks guys

:)

KevinAnacta, Oct 9, 2020

2. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD's in the past week

Answer-by-number:

1. Have the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs stopped?

2. Did you hide the "bad driver update" such that Windows Update won't install it again? See

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

3. Have you ever run the McAfe Consumer Products Removal Tool?

4. Is KB3105514 listed in Installed Updates (not
    Update History
    ) now?

5. Is Firefox version 41.0.2 (or higher) and/or Google Chrome version 46.0.2490.80 (or higher) installed?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

I have been having BSOD frequently

Hi James

Can you try the suggestion in step 2.

The games should still run with those items disabled and will allow you to check for a BSOD again.

Thanks

nigelyardley, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

1. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs every

2. Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly restarts. Happens once every 1-2 weeks.: Windows randomly restarts every 1-2 weeks. Could you please help me find the issue?The event file says:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000119 0x0000000000000002, 0xffffffffc000000d, 0xfffff205525a7860, 0xffffe08d0e4ee4b0. A dump was saved in:...
  3. BSoDs every 1-2 days

BSoDs every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE just now and they all happened randomly. I didn't do anything before the BSoDs started happening, I've tried reinstalling...
  4. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  5. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  6. BSOD 1 - 2 times a week, clueless.

BSOD 1 - 2 times a week, clueless.: Hello there,I have the problem that for a few months I get these BSODs with the cause being either SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, also there is never a specific application or error code mentioned in the BSOD. The first few times I was...
  7. BSOD Every Week

BSOD Every Week: Hi, I keep getting a Blue screen almost every week. I recently built this computer and all works well except every week or so i get a blue screen. Below is the link to the most recent dump files, system info and drivers...
  8. Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs: Hi Microsoft Support, I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is. These crashes started happening after a few weeks ago. My PC has been fine before that for about 2 years. I have had a number of different...
  9. 2 BSOD's in 2 weeks

2 BSOD's in 2 weeks: Installed W10 Pro on a freshly built system in January. In July, I got 2 BSODs. Can someone assist me with figuring out what happened and how to resolve it? 1. POOL_CORRUPTION_IN_FILE_AREA. I got this when I was doing drive cleanup. Bug Check String :...
  10. BSOD Once every 2 weeks, usually happens within 1 hour of turning on

BSOD Once every 2 weeks, usually happens within 1 hour of turning on: HI Guys So i have been getting a BSOD every 2 weeks or so, and it only ever happens when the computer has recently been turned on, never happened after an hour or so of it being turned on. Recently I have been getting more frequent Blue Screens, which aren't shown in...