Windows 10: Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is

Discus and support Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting frequent BSODs tonight. Started all of a sudden, screen went black. Then one after another, BSODs kept dropping. The black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geofurb, Aug 21, 2019.

1. geofurb Win User

Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is

I've been getting frequent BSODs tonight. Started all of a sudden, screen went black. Then one after another, BSODs kept dropping.

The black screen didn't give an error, but the machine hit a BSOD right away on boot with "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE". A little while later, I got another blue screen "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION".

Can anyone tell me what's wrong here? Minidump files available below:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HWOdXA1PzG1oKZPQlRJtZjp736HKEPCK

:)

geofurb, Aug 21, 2019

2. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Msap14 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is

Screen tearing not sure of cause

You posted a lot of information. That isn't a bad thing, but I would say a good chunk of people coming into the thread are going to be put off by it.

What I would suggest is taking the information you have there and short-handing it. People find it more readable to go down through a list of what has occurred and what you've done about it so far.

I'm sure someone will be along to help. That your mobo threw a beep code suggesting memory, and you ran 4 passes on it (MemTest?) without any problems, maybe you're looking at a problem with the mobo.

Again, try and shorthand your post.

OnePostWonder, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is

1. Frequent BSODs, not sure what the cause is - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs sure

2. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD: Does anyone know what could be the problem I done a windows memory diagnostic test and everything went well Update my drivers Laptop is not over heating or anything...
  3. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD: Does anyone know what could be the problem I done a windows memory diagnostic test and everything went well Update my drivers Laptop is not over heating or anything...
  4. Not sure what is the cause of my BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1101 - Not sure what causing BSOD/Crash: So started playing a new game Warzone 2.0 which I know has lots of issues, however I've ran into one that I cannot seem to find a solid reason behind it. Trying to find out of my crashing screen goes black and shows like little bits of colors primarily blue, red small pixels...
  6. Not sure, what causes this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not sure, what causes this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Copy/paste is a very useful function,in Windows. I use it, all the time!Many times, after doing a copy. When I, paste it down.What shows up, is a 9+ ??I'm sure, I can't stop it. I, just wondered. Where it, comes from?And why, I...
  7. Not sure, what causes this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not sure, what causes this?: My computer, is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Copy/paste is a very useful function,in Windows. I use it, all the time!Many times, after doing a copy. When I, paste it down.What shows up, is a 9+ ??I'm sure, I can't stop it. I, just wondered. Where it, comes from?And why, I...
  8. Not sure, what causes this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Various BSODs causes, not sure what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSODs causes, not sure what to do: Started having issues with my PC a couple of months ago. About once a week it would randomly BSOD, and it would also not do an OS update, always reboot in the middle of it. Had some time a couple of weeks back and reinstalled windows hoping that it was an OS issue. The...
  10. Not sure what caused these BSODs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not sure what caused these BSODs?: Last tuesday I had replaced my one 8 gb stick of RAM with 2 new 8 gb sticks of RAM. It was fine the first day, but the next day when shutting down I got a BSOD saying "EVENT TRACING FATAL ERROR". I was able to boot up and use my computer fine afterwards without any other...