Windows 10: Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC

Discus and support Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently purchased a pre built pc solely for gaming, specs are: Intel i7 9700k, Zotac RTX 2070 Extreme Core Edition, Teamgroup Vulcan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WlZLA, Apr 4, 2019.

1. WlZLA Win User

Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC

Hi,

I have recently purchased a pre built pc solely for gaming, specs are: Intel i7 9700k, Zotac RTX 2070 Extreme Core Edition, Teamgroup Vulcan 3000mhz 8GB RAM (x2), on a Gigabyte Z390 UD Motherboard. Using MSI Afterburner for GPU fan control, but not overclocking anything.

When I first got it all set up, I was getting terrible performance in all games at various resolutions and quality settings, and lots of random crashes and blue screens every couple of hours. This continued until I was mid-game and it just crashed and showed a screen full of green squares, the card completely failed.

As it was only a few weeks after getting it, I got the GPU RMA'd and the replacement has been much better with regards to performance in games, but I would still get the odd BSOD every now and then. Always seems to be something related to drivers or memory when I googled the error codes, and I did have a few out of date drivers that were not being detected from the windows scan for update section. Updated all these but still kept getting BSOD's.

I'm running out of options to try as none of the following has worked;

Using DDU to install fresh drivers to the GPU - Same results

Ran Memtest86 & Windows Memory Diagnostic multiple times - No errors found

Ran chkdsk and sfc commands - No errors found

It got to the point where I decided to completely re-install windows from a boot drive, which seemed to have worked for a couple of weeks of no problems at all (apart from the odd game crashing to desktop).

But today especially, the problem seems to have came back, ive had 2 BSOD's alone and all games seem to be crashing after a few minutes.

Here is the results from Windbg, i'm not computer savvy enough to see what the problem is or how to potentially fix it:

*******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
    # Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000041791, The subtype of the bugcheck.
    Arg2: ffffcf8004e014d0
    Arg3: ffffba8dd3226f80
    Arg4: 0200038000397450

Debugging Details:
    ------------------

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

PROCESSES_ANALYSIS: 1

SERVICE_ANALYSIS: 1

STACKHASH_ANALYSIS: 1

TIMELINE_ANALYSIS: 1

DUMP_CLASS: 1

DUMP_QUALIFIER: 400

BUILD_VERSION_STRING: 17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434

DUMP_TYPE: 2

BUGCHECK_P1: 41791

BUGCHECK_P2: ffffcf8004e014d0

BUGCHECK_P3: ffffba8dd3226f80

BUGCHECK_P4: 200038000397450

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41791

CPU_COUNT: 8

CPU_MHZ: e10

CPU_VENDOR: GenuineIntel

CPU_FAMILY: 6

CPU_MODEL: 9e

CPU_STEPPING: c

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: RustClient.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

ANALYSIS_SESSION_HOST: WIZLA-PC

ANALYSIS_SESSION_TIME: 04-04-2019 19:56:46.0343

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 10.0.18317.1001 amd64fre

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80770e2ccbc to fffff80770dbf5e0

STACK_TEXT:
    fffff983`425c66f8 fffff807`70e2ccbc : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041791 ffffcf****0 fffff****1731 : 00000000`00000000 ffffa304`d4096760 ffffa304`e407ba90 ffffa304`d40****0 00000000`00000000 : fffff983`425c7000 fffff983`425c0000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x1c

THREAD_SHA1_HASH_MOD_FUNC: 76e73e446edada****11c7 0f1f440000 nop dword ptr [rax+rax]

FAULT_INSTR_CODE: 441f0f

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms2!VIDMM_MDL_RANGE::Unlock+13

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME:
    dxgmms2

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms2.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

IMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.17763.316

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 13

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_41791_dxgmms2!VIDMM_MDL_RANGE::Unlock

BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_41791_dxgmms2!VIDMM_MDL_RANGE::Unlock

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: 0x1a_41791_dxgmms2!VIDMM_MDL_RANGE::Unlock

TARGET_TIME: 2019-04-04T17:20:14.000Z

OSBUILD: 17763

OSSERVICEPACK: 379

SERVICEPACK_NUMBER: 0

OS_REVISION: 0

SUITE_MASK: 784

PRODUCT_TYPE: 1

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

OSEDITION: Windows 10 WinNt TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal

OS_LOCALE:

USER_LCID: 0

OSBUILD_TIMESTAMP: unknown_date

BUILDDATESTAMP_STR: 180914-1434

BUILDLAB_STR: rs5_release

BUILDOSVER_STR: 10.0.17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434

ANALYSIS_SESSION_ELAPSED_TIME: 39aa

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x1a_41791_dxgmms2!vidmm_mdl_range::unlock

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {5ba34459-7659-dc81-8aae-df74fa72f6ff}

Followup: MachineOwner

:)

WlZLA, Apr 4, 2019

2. Pre-loaded games won't uninstall

I'm not really into some of the games that were pre-loaded into my PC but when I try to bring up the games from the Start menu and click on 'uninstall' it takes me to the control panel, and I don't see the games listed there for me to uninstall. Suggestions, please? Thanks! ~P

punkinbee59, Apr 4, 2019
  3. pre built gaming PC?

There's no reason to buy a name brand PC if you insist on a pre-built one. There are plenty of build houses that will build to your spec (within their configurator), and they also have pre-built models.

Doesn't make much sense to buy ANY pre-built though. Any 3 hr window you'd have on a weekend would easily be enough time to assemble ordered parts. We're talking like 8 main components which now a days are very easy plug n play assembly.

There are several easy to follow videos on how to put together a PC on YouTube, and if you watch them before the parts come, you'll literally be ready before they get there.

Frag Maniac, Apr 4, 2019
  4. JonJay420 Win User

Many BSOD's on brand new gaming PC

Hey all.

I bought a new pre-built gaming-C recently and have been experiencing constant BSOD's with various error messages. They mostly happen when loading graphically intensive games like PUBG or Warhammer 2 Total War but can occur at any time. I can go a full evening
    without experiencing any BSOD's or get them nonstop so I have to just give up on trying to game for the night.

I'm not that computer savvy but from my research I feel like its a buggy driver. I haven't had any luck in identifying which one it might be though.

Onedrive link bellow containing DMP files with driver verifier running attached. As is msinfo and a DX Diag.

Appreciate any help in advance!

BSOD Dump

JonJay420, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD's on new Pre-Built Gaming PC - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD's Pre

2. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  3. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  4. Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.: Recieved the PC yesterday and had multiple Memory_Management and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSODs. I'll attach the minidump files:https://upload.disroot.org/r/RxuLUh6V#fNjg127h7DXDUbbm/bJlsGgfyubc5wFzCeTlk1+Raoo=Thing I tried to resolve them but did not work:Reinstalled...
  5. Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs on new pre built gaming PC.: Recieved the PC yesterday and had multiple Memory_Management and Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error BSODs. I'll attach the minidump files:https://upload.disroot.org/r/RxuLUh6V#fNjg127h7DXDUbbm/bJlsGgfyubc5wFzCeTlk1+Raoo=Thing I tried to resolve them but did not work:Reinstalled...
  6. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC: Hi folksI've just gotten set up with an almost entirely new PC, with the only parts from my previous rig being the PSU, an M.2 SSD and two HDDs. I've had frequent BSOD errors when trying to install programs/drivers/games etc., and a few that seemed to have been triggered just...
  7. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC: Hi folksI've just gotten set up with an almost entirely new PC, with the only parts from my previous rig being the PSU, an M.2 SSD and two HDDs. I've had frequent BSOD errors when trying to install programs/drivers/games etc., and a few that seemed to have been triggered just...
  8. Random and kinda frequent BSOD on newly built PC.

Random and kinda frequent BSOD on newly built PC.: Greetings! I have bought fairly recently a custom built gaming computer and it gets quite often ( and as of late more so) some BSOD errors when playing some games or watching youtube/twitch videos on my browser. I don't understand what the issue is, and maybe you guys can...
  9. Formatting pre built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting pre built pc: Ok so i really hope somebody can help me with this. I bought a pre built pc a few days ago. This is a "demo" pc which pretty much meant the pc was returned/repaired and not picked up again so they sold it very cheap. Now the first thing i did when i got it was check for...
  10. Random BSOD's on a New Built PC

Random BSOD's on a New Built PC: Hey Guys, It's been around two weeks since my new build. I have been getting BSOD's randomly. Sometimes, it may run for days without BSOD's. This is my first time building a PC. So, i'm not good at diagnosing these problems. Any help would be appreciated. *Smile 48721