Windows 10: Frequent BSODs on seemingly unrelated tasks both active and idle

Discus and support Frequent BSODs on seemingly unrelated tasks both active and idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Experiencing multiple daily BSODs since system was built. Only consistency seems to be that BSODs happen while either multitasking or sitting idle.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mKAYDM, Jul 29, 2019.

1. mKAYDM Win User

Frequent BSODs on seemingly unrelated tasks both active and idle

Experiencing multiple daily BSODs since system was built. Only consistency seems to be that BSODs happen while either multitasking or sitting idle. When using single programs crashes seem to be less frequent.

BSODs can be minutes or hours apart. Frequent application crashes where none were are experienced on previous computer (Factorio, Chrome, MS Word, Assassins Creed Odyssey...) however not all games or programs crash. (In this specific context, I mean the application crashes frequently, not a BSOD. Although they seem related).

V2 Collector logs attached.

The system:

- Ryzen 3600, stock cooler, OC disabled
    - GSkill Ripjaws 3200, OC disabled
    - TUF B450M Plus Gaming (second motherboard, first one replaced at Asus recommendation based on these problems).
    - Sabrent Rocket NVME
    - WD Black 4tb (new model)
    - GTX 1070
    - Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 1000w (yeah, it's way overpowered for this)
    - Logitech G413 Keyboard, Logitech G502 mouse.

Probable causes from WhoCrashed and BlueScreenView:

ntoskrnl.exe

- This is listed as the probable cause in all one one instance in WhoCrashed and the only cause in BlueScreenView.

- I do not believe I have bad memory modules as I've run the system on each single 8gb stick and still experience the issue. Memtest86 and windows Memory diagnostic report no issues.

2. ntkrnlmp.exe

- This one is pretty ambiguous and could be so many different things but I've attempted almost every fix (within reason) on the first two pages deep on Google with no success.

Sample BSODs experienced:

- Kernel auto boost invalid lock release
    - Kernel auto boost lock qcquisition with raised irql
    - Kmode exception not handled
    - Kernel security check failure
    - Page fault in NonPaged area
    - Unexpacted Store Exception
    - System thread exception not handled
    - IRQL not less of equal

Things attempted thus far:

- Pealed through WinDBG and WhoCrashed with full memory dump, minidump and kernel dumps (I'm not very experienced here with reading dump files but haven't found an answer).

- Windows Driver Verifier enabled to spark driver crashes (crashes before it gets to login). Analyzed those files, no answer.

- Full clean reformatted Windows 10 install from multiple versions (1903 back to early 17xx builds).

- Many windows restores, refreshes, reverts, sfc/ scannow | DISM |versions checks, etc...

- Reinstalled every driver (within reason) manually or through windows default versions (Audio, video, network, HIDs, storage, Chipsets, displays).

- Disabling drivers that may conflict (such as Nvidia HD audio and RealTek, different forms of video or networking).

- Disconnecting/trying only specific pieces of hardware (nvme swapped with ssd, different video card, no extra drives, each independent stick of ram, etc).

- Enabling/disabling BIOS settings, turning OCs off and on, voltages up and down, EZ Flash/bios updated... you name it. No solution.

- Tons of other smaller things with lots and lots of reading (MemTest 86, Windows Memory Diagnostic, Prime95...) ... even checking voltages and fluctuation from the outlets.

:)

mKAYDM, Jul 29, 2019
  2. titch Win User

BSOD on Idle, Bugcheck 0x000000ea daily since Fall Update

Frequent BSODs on seemingly unrelated tasks both active and idle [​IMG]

PSU Voltages, etc thanks again for your assistance

Also installed Radeon 16.2.1 which has been suggested as a driver that resolved some other unrelated issues - thought it was worthwhile in the first instance going quite far back with an older driver and see what happens

titch, Jul 29, 2019
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Jul 29, 2019
  4. ZY_895 Win User

Frequent BSOD?

I've been recently getting frequent BSODs that seemingly only happen when I press something on my keyboard either to type or playing a game. Here is the dump file.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/e21s7mbxaji6z7h/011118-6671-01.dmp?dl=0

My system specs are as follows:

i7-6700

GTX 1070

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

16 GB DDR4 Ram

ZY_895, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs on seemingly unrelated tasks both active and idle - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs seemingly

2. Random but frequent BSOD after idling for some time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random but frequent BSOD after idling for some time.: Hello, our computers in computer labs with Dell OptiPlex 7470 often run into BSODs after certain amount of idle time. Below are the common errors we see:KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERRORCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDSYSTEM_SERVICE_ERRORThese are domain-joined computers, running with same...
  3. Random but frequent BSOD after idling for some time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random but frequent BSOD after idling for some time.: Hello, our computers in computer labs with Dell OptiPlex 7470 often run into BSODs after certain amount of idle time. Below are the common errors we see:KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERRORCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDSYSTEM_SERVICE_ERRORThese are domain-joined computers, running with same...
  4. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  5. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  6. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD seemingly random, IDLE, in game etc.

BSOD seemingly random, IDLE, in game etc.: Hello, so I've been having BSODs for a while now... Tried running stock BIOS settings, no difference, so now ran Verifier to see if it's a driver issue. I get a BSOD about 15 seconds after logging in with it running. 040521-5828-01.dmp and 040521-9140-01.dmp is with Verifier...
  8. Seemingly random BSOD when using and idle

Seemingly random BSOD when using and idle: I have been experiencing seemingly random BSOD events when both using my PC and when it is idle for periods of time. Interestingly, I get very FEW occurrences when actually gaming on the machine though. Logs attached. Any assistance or ideas would be great. Things I have...
  9. BSOD's frequent even when system is idle

BSOD's frequent even when system is idle: Hello! This has been happening for quite some time and I've finally gotten tired of it. I'll get a really weird BSOD; CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. Windbg gave it a bug check of 109, did a little Googling on it but it's a bit above my knowledge level. The BSOD occurs with...
  10. BSOD seemingly unrelated to the user's activity

BSOD seemingly unrelated to the user's activity: DESKTOP-QCIFPOG-Mon_04_06_2018_102142_40.zip BSOD started several day ago. There is no connection with activity. Last time it was when unblocked the laptop that was downloading torrent for several hours. The only explanation that I can think of is that I have installed...