Windows 10: Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup

Discus and support Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, all! I'm trying to troubleshoot a computer in my house. It's virtually identical to another computer that I bought (both computers bought from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaffo, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Jaffo Win User

Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup

Hi, all!

I'm trying to troubleshoot a computer in my house. It's virtually identical to another computer that I bought (both computers bought from the same place, within a month or so of each other), but this one has had BSOD issues that have gotten progressively worse over time.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Windows 10, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476)
    DESKTOP-CRC1F8N-(2019-11-24_18-13-54).zip

:)

Jaffo, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 8, 2019
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup

1. Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs sometimes

2. Frequent Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Bsod: After installing Bitdefender anti virus I started getting Bsods on my PC. I have uninstalled it now but Bsods continue. Please help/advise. Thanks. dump file is attached for refference https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGm3zjrm93P1pmpF1K4IEgJ2o2-lE0oK/view?usp=sharing...
  3. BSOD sometimes on startup caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD sometimes on startup caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I've been having pretty frequent BSODs on my PC, the crashes would only happen after I had logged in, usually after 10-20 seconds. From there it would automatically restart and would continue to crash every time I logged in until I manually restarted or shut down, then from...
  4. BSOD sometimes on startup caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD sometimes on startup caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I've been having pretty frequent BSODs on my PC, the crashes would only happen after I had logged in, usually after 10-20 seconds. From there it would automatically restart and would continue to crash every time I logged in until I manually restarted or shut down, then from...
  5. BSOD sometimes on startup caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. bsod frequently and sometimes blackscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod frequently and sometimes blackscreen: i contacted support and they say its memory corruption, the image file usually tends to be ntkrnlmp.sys, hardware.sys and netwtwt10.sysi did a memtest and 0 errors, my bios is old by 1 month from the current bios in the official website but im afraid of bricking my laptopmy...
  7. Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sometimes works and sometimes doesn't on startup: Hi, my bluetooth has been acting very weird. When bluetooth works, it shows up in the notification bar and as expected, it works when paired. But when it doesn't, it disappears from the bar and I have no way to turn it back on unless if i probably do a restart. I have tried...
  8. Fast startup sometime on sometime off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup sometime on sometime off: I have activated the Fast startup option on my PC, but sometimes my PC boots normally, sometimes it boots fast. I noticed when the shutdown sometimes the screen turns off first before the machine is completely off (like if fast startup is turned on) and sometimes it also dies...
  9. Frequent BSOD

Frequent BSOD: Hello guys. In the past few months my PC has been constantly having a BSOD, usually 2 times a week or so (more frequently in the last few days). Most of the times it happens right after booting the OS, with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. One time I also got something related to...
  10. BSOD sometimes after startup since upgrading to Windows 10

BSOD sometimes after startup since upgrading to Windows 10: My BSOD is Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. It occurs after startup. It only began after upgrading to 10 on Friday. I never had crashes running 7. Lately I've been making it through to the password screen and then the BSOD happens. Next time I startup, it might not happen....