Windows 10: Frequent BSODs while playing games

Discus and support Frequent BSODs while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Epilesx, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Epilesx Win User

Frequent BSODs while playing games

Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed that for these BSODs it didn't specifiy an offending driver/application on the blue screen it just said the code things I just mentioned. After trying many solutions I found online (with no success) I decided to reinstall everything on my PC from scratch (incl. windows). After reinstalling windows I tried to play Siege again and began to blue screen again. The first one I got gave me the WHEA uncorrectable error message and the next 2 gave me IRQL not less or equal errors. I'm not the most knowledgable about this stuff, but I opened some of the minidumps in WhoCrashed and almost all of the crashes (pre clean windows install and after) were caused by ntoskrnl.exe or ntkrnlmp.exe with the exception of the WHEA one.

My PC specifications:

i7-8799K ASUS
    ROG strixZ370-F
    16gb (2x8gb) of 2133 ram, I think I remember reading in the bios or something theywere seated in A1 and B1 slots (whatever that means)
    ROG Strix 1080Ti
    120gb kingston and a 500gbsamsung SDDs
    2TB HDD (it's like 6 years old)

The post-reinstall minidumps:

WHEA ones: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nt7jxYSeAXOYY8YqscSdDrHmWx_d_doD/view?usp=sharing

The IRQL ones:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArWY0UKnF2JPindolWchF2ky0H02
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArWY0UKnF2JPinh6Ld9Hu7CEruk4

Thanks so much!

:)

Epilesx, Dec 19, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 19, 2018
  3. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

Here you have:

Virtual Memory

Frequent BSODs while playing games [​IMG]

Startup and recovery

Adangonsol, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Frequent BSODs while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

Hi

1) Disable driver updates of non-Microsoft drivers
    Done
    2) Find an older driver on the Nvidia website (make sure it is different than the driver that has misbehaved x 2)
    NVIDIA
    Done, I had version 390.77 and intalled 4 previous versions 388.59
    3) Uninstall using DDU
    Done
    4) Re-install making sure the clean install box is checked and install the PhysX driver if applicable.
    Done
    5) Measure the GPU temperature at idle and under load
    Done with Speccy. Idle - 32C to 34C, under load from 60C to 63C (Had a BSOD, Driver Overran Stack Buffer)
    6) Reseat the GPU and check that all connections are securely made
    Done, actually my MotherBoard has 3 GPU Slots, I changed mine from 1 to 2.
    7) Check the BIOS 3.3, 5.0, and 12.0 voltage values
    I didn't get it so I get into BIOS and took some screenshots, here they are:

8) Check the CPU voltage and frequency
    Pictures above
    9) Make sure that there is no over clocking
    I've never changed anything there so I guess there's no overclocking10) If there is a recurrent NVidia BSOD see if you can find a friend, neighbor, relative, or local store to swap the Nvidia GPU card.
    Pending.
    11) When swapping cards there should be 2 tests performed:
    a) test the new card in this computer
    b) test the problematic card in another computer
    Pending.

12) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    I used speecy, temps are above.
    13) Please download and run the newest version of HWiNFO64 and post a screenshot of the "System Summary" window here.
    Done.

14) Please run
    Done.

Also, attaching new log collector and DMP file for newest BSOD (Driver Overran Stack Buffer).

Thank's.

Adangonsol, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Frequent BSODs while playing games

1. Frequent BSODs while playing games - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs while

2. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  3. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  4. Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll

Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll: I have randomly started experiencing frequent BSOD's while playing games and have done mostly all the online fixes, i've tested everything all coming back clear and no issues, i've Installed all driver updates that i could find that i needed and done multiple scans to fix...
  5. Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll: I have randomly started experiencing frequent BSOD's while playing games and have done mostly all the online fixes, i've tested everything all coming back clear and no issues, i've Installed all driver updates that i could find that i needed and done multiple scans to fix...
  6. Experiencing frequent BSOD while playing games caused by PSHED.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  8. BSOD frequently when playing games.

BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  9. BSOD frequently when playing games.

10. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games: Hello, I just build a new computer and I've been having some issues, random BSOD have appeared but it is more frequently while playing games. If any extra information is needed, please let me know. Thank's. 103735