Windows 10: Frequent BSODs with my new Laptop

Discus and support Frequent BSODs with my new Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; getting frequent BSODs showing error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO whenever I turn on my computer from sleep. I believe the main cause of the BSOD was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dain6549, Mar 27, 2016.

1. dain6549 Win User

Frequent BSODs with my new Laptop

getting frequent BSODs showing error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO whenever I turn on my computer from sleep.
    I believe the main cause of the BSOD was the ntoskrnl.exe+14d2e9 file

also getting sudden interruptions by the OSOD showing error 0x000001d3 while playing games, which i believe to be caused by the Killer Network Adapter driver (Qcamain10x64sys) . I have looked online for solutions but found nothing that could resolve the issue. I have also tried many solutions including updating, troubleshooting, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but i still encounter the same issue.
    would appreciate help.

:)

dain6549, Mar 27, 2016

2. Frequent BSODs on new laptop

Please upload a copy of your latest dump file to your OneDrive and post a link here. Few users will look to the first post in the thread for updates.

Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 27, 2016
  3. elzec Win User
    Frequent BSODs on new laptop

Recently got a new laptop with a fresh install of W10 Pro but have been getting frequent BSODs of varying types (BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and various others that I can't remember already)

EDIT: Most of the BSODs occur when I'm doing randomly stuff or just shortly after start-up (Browsing Firefox or folders, etc.), but I haven't encountered any so far when playing games for several hours straight.

I tried doing the driver verifier and there's a few minidump logs (071816-3453-01 and 02, 071816-3609-01, from what I remember) along with minidump logs of other recent crashes.

minidump

Prior to the driver verifier, I have already updated NVIDIA graphics drivers and also installed the latest windows update.

I just recently updated the Intel graphics adapter drivers as well.

There seems to have been less frequent BSODs so far but would appreciate it if anyone could take a look at the dump files and see if there are any other errors that I am unaware of and can fix.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Had another BSOD soon after posting this, so I decided to just run memtest. Currently at the 8th test of the 1st pass and it already has 349 errors, so seems to be a problem with the RAM (2x DDR4 8GB). I have yet to try running memtest with the individual
    RAM sticks as the current memtest is still running.

UPDATE2: Finished 1 full pass of memtest and a partial 2nd pass. 370+ errors after 1 full pass and another 300+ after the 4th test of the 2nd pass. Currently doing a clean reset before running memtest with the individual RAMs to narrow down the issue.

elzec, Mar 27, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Ntoskrnl = Windows Kernel, only blamed as the cause when there is nothing else available to be blamed, never the real cause.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Frequent BSODs with my new Laptop [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Frequent BSODs with my new Laptop [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    If a restore point prior the use of DB3 is present, use it!

Please remove Office and KMSpico
    Forum rules

Thema:

1. Frequent BSODs with my new Laptop - Similar Threads - Frequent BSODs Laptop

2. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  3. Frequent BSOD on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new computer: Hello,My laptop of about 2 months has been having a lot of BSOD occurring. The screen would first freeze, and then the sound would suddenly stutter and loop on the same frameis that the right way to describe it, then proceed to a BSOD WITH A CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. The...
  4. New and frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and frequent BSODs: Hi, keeping it short and simple, Pc has been blue screening recently with different stop codes, No new hardware, System File Checker tool has been ran and completed, No note worthy changes overall.The only notable thing I can think off is the crashes 9/10 times have happend...
  5. New and frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New and frequent BSODs: Hi, keeping it short and simple, Pc has been blue screening recently with different stop codes, No new hardware, System File Checker tool has been ran and completed, No note worthy changes overall.The only notable thing I can think off is the crashes 9/10 times have happend...
  6. New and frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Hey, I've been getting bsod frequently on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, I've been getting bsod frequently on my new laptop.: It's called Dell G15 with a RTX 3050 gpu. Everytime I play a game for a long time it just bsods, nothing serious happens tho, it just lets me reboot my pc and it works again....
  8. Hey, I've been getting bsod frequently on my new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey, I've been getting bsod frequently on my new laptop.: It's called Dell G15 with a RTX 3050 gpu. Everytime I play a game for a long time it just bsods, nothing serious happens tho, it just lets me reboot my pc and it works again....
  9. Frequent BSOD on New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on New Machine: Hello Everyone,I just purchased an MSI GE76 Raider with an NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM. While gaming, I am having frequent BSODs. I'll try to get as descriptive as I can.FIRST BOOT: -I uninstalled the preinstalled Norton. Restarted, then installed Bitdefender....
  10. Frequent BSOD on new machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD on new machine: Hello, I have recently acquired new computer. However, I have come across the issue that it keeps getting blue screen of death once in a while. Sometimes it happens while I am changing something in settings, sometimes it happens when using Firefox, sometimes it happens when...