Windows 10: Frequent CMOS Battery Changes?

Discus and support Frequent CMOS Battery Changes? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard in my desktop PC has started needing a new CMOS battery every 6 months. The PC fails to boot and stops with error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve C, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Steve C Win User

Frequent CMOS Battery Changes?

The Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard in my desktop PC has started needing a new CMOS battery every 6 months. The PC fails to boot and stops with error code db. The open circuit CMOS battery voltage at this point is 2.8V. Both times I've fitted a new Duracell battery showing 3.0V+ and all has been fine. On resetting the BIOS details, I noted the date was wrong so the BIOS had lost its settings.

The PC is used about 3 hours a day but otherwise turned off at the mains. Is there a motherboard problem which would cause the CMOS battery to drain so quickly or perhaps I have a duff batch of batteries?

:)

Steve C, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

This means the CMOS battery has failed - you need to purchase a new CMOS battery. As suggested by another expert you should upgrade your BIOS and then do the CMOS battery replacement and this should stop it.

Rick2021, Mar 18, 2021
  3. v_realo Win User
    Toshiba Satelite L40 CMOS Battery replacement

Hi Admin,

I’m Rey, your Independent Advisor.

I understand you want to change your CMOS battery from your Toshiba Satellite L40. Let's work on this together.

The CMOS battery is located on the backside of the motherboard . You need to remove the motherboard and flip it over to get to it

There are several YouTube tutorial on this issue. You may find it from this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=change+cmos+bat...

I believe that these steps will help you solve this issue you have. If not, kindly contact me and let me know.

Kind regards,

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

v_realo, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

Another expert kindly suggested that the beep code may be due to removal of your CMOS battery and you may need to update your BIOS and replace your CMOS battery.

Rick2021, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Frequent CMOS Battery Changes? - Similar Threads - Frequent CMOS Battery

2. Weak CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weak CMOS Battery: Hi Guys,I have a CCTV System which is showing irregular date and time...The date and time is slow as compared to the local system.If a CMOS battery becomes weak, what are the signs to check that..?Is there a change in the date/time? By what amount does the date/time gets...
  3. Weak CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weak CMOS Battery: Hi Guys,I have a CCTV System which is showing irregular date and time...The date and time is slow as compared to the local system.If a CMOS battery becomes weak, what are the signs to check that..?Is there a change in the date/time? By what amount does the date/time gets...
  4. CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss: Hi, Just installed an update using the Windows Update and on restart of the computer after a number of failed restarts in which the computer kept powering up and down, it finally restarted but this was the screen I got - Please see attached picture....
  5. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  6. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  7. CMOS Battery

CMOS Battery: How often should it be changed? I have a ProBook 4540s HP Laptop running Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmos-battery/1b7f89ca-a1e2-458d-ae77-8ad93b347f0b
  8. Cmos Battery Voltage Increasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmos Battery Voltage Increasing: I've noticed that my PC cmos battery voltage has been steadily increasing over the course of a year it was built. I built it in January 2020 and it is reading in hardware monitor 3.192v where it started at 3.070v. Is this a cause for concern? I was thinking about replacing...
  9. cmos battery

cmos battery: Is there a default in set up after replacing the cmos battery or should you take a picture with the flash off just in case? I cannot think of any other way to know the information as print screen etc cannot be used. TY Peter 44179
  10. Just replaced CMOS battery and...

in Windows 10 Support
    Just replaced CMOS battery and...: ....according to clock on task bar the time is wrong. I know this has probably been covered before, but late in my life I find it difficult at times to find the correct old thread with the answer. Please direct and help me. 67352