Windows 10: Frequent crashes after windows reset

Discus and support Frequent crashes after windows reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having something of a nightmare here. A little while ago I noticed that I had not been downloading Windows updates. After attempting several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NobodyNothing2, May 26, 2020.

1. Frequent crashes after windows reset

I am having something of a nightmare here.

A little while ago I noticed that I had not been downloading Windows updates. After attempting several fixes, I decided to just go ahead and reset my system.

Now I have the following symptoms:

1. Frequent BSOD with a variety of error messages.
    2. SFC /scannow and DISM /repairimage report that they cannot run, with no additional information.
    3. Applications frequently report that they are corrupted and need to be reinstalled. Sometimes simply rebooting solves the problem, sometimes not.
    4. Applications, especially games, suddenly close. No error message, no crash report, just vanish from the screen and toolbar.
    5. Every time I run the disk checker through properties->tools on the hard drives, they report multiple errors. Upon restart, they report that the drives have been repaired, but scanning them again reports more errors.
    6. I am not opposed to a complete reinstall, but the Windows disk says I cannot keep my files because I have an invalid Windows installation.
    7. I still cannot install Windows updates.

Anybody have any idea what is going on here?

:)

NobodyNothing2, May 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 26, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Frequent crashes after windows reset

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

Thema:

Frequent crashes after windows reset

1. Frequent crashes after windows reset - Similar Threads - Frequent crashes reset

2. I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...: I have tried changing the registry as mentioned in some other posts from people who had faced the same issue but it did not seem to work for me, is there any way to fix this?...
  3. I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had reset my pc due to frequent crashes and hanging of windows but after the reset the pc...: I have tried changing the registry as mentioned in some other posts from people who had faced the same issue but it did not seem to work for me, is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Windows crashing frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing frequently: My windows crashing frequently,Please helpDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1ccParameter 1: ffff998f60cb9310Parameter 2: ffff998f65ff6080Parameter 3: 5c28831Parameter 4:...
  5. Windows crashing frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing frequently: My windows crashing frequently,Please helpDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1ccParameter 1: ffff998f60cb9310Parameter 2: ffff998f65ff6080Parameter 3: 5c28831Parameter 4:...
  6. Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs even after Windows reset: This has been an on and off issue for a while now, but the persistence of this problem has been bugging me quite a bit. A few months ago, my computer started experiencing frequent BSODs. And by frequent, I mean on one day I got four in the span of an hour. Now, a few days...
  7. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Hello, so my computer has been crashing constantly for the past 2 weeks and I have looked online for answers but could not find any. Here is my dmp file- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocWXEIIIEsMrxosR4kzyXe9_z9b?e=kOTYZa...
  8. frequent crashing

frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  9. Bluescreen message after frequent crashes

Bluescreen message after frequent crashes: After using Windows 10 since it appeared, without too much trouble, it started crashing in various ways. Last night I left it with no "active" programs running. When I tried to start my mail program (Mozilla Thunderbird, but that has not been involved in previous crashes),...
  10. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122