Windows 10: Frequent crashes and restarts

Discus and support Frequent crashes and restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by focusbob, May 2, 2017.

1. focusbob Win User

Frequent crashes and restarts

Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent crashes/restarts. The system reliably restarts when attempting to wake from sleep. That's not the only issue though; the crashes/restarts also occur sometimes when the pc is "awake". Though I haven't witnessed it, I ran Prime95 stability testing (to see whether my issue was sleep related or more general) and woke up to the computer having restarted itself... Please help!

Attachment 133311

:)

focusbob, May 2, 2017

2. Frequent Crashes And Restarts

Please upload no more than three copies
    of your dump files that were created during the last 14 days as shared files to your OneDrive with a link here.

Dump files are usually found at c:\windows\minidump. You may need to change your settings in Windows to be able to see the files. To show hidden files select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+S, type File Explorer Options in the Search box and click Folder Options in the drop down menu. Select View, Advanced Settings and verify that the box before "Show hidden files and folders" is checked and
    "Hide protected operating system files" is unchecked. You may need to scroll down to see the second item. You should also make certain that the box before "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked.

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information
    is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, May 2, 2017
  3. Frequent Crashes And Restarts

I've purchased my ASUS with Windows 10 back in April.

It was working fine up until about a month ago. I've been experiencing these:

Tabs in Chrome crashing

Computer needing to restart (blue screen with frowny face)

And quite recently, my computer has started experiencing freezes.

When I get the blue screen, the most prevalent errors tend to be Memory Management errors, or critical processes dying, plus a few others. I ran Windows Defender to check for any malware, and it says there isn't any. (I did a full search, whole 50 minutes)

The only programs I've downloaded are Lazy Nezumi and Audacity. Other files are stuff like drawings and typed reports.

Any help with this issue is definitely appreciated.

If you need any more information, I'll be happy to add more.

RedAppleGP, May 2, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

This section is for blue screen of death events but in your log file there are no crash dumps that we can analyse. Either you are not getting BSOD events or you have turned off the creation of memory dumps.

Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

It would also be helpful to give more details of your system and power supply.

philc43, May 3, 2017
  5. focusbob Win User
    I'm sorry, I couldn't find a more appropriate section to post in, but please feel free to move my post or direct me to do such; I have not turned off the creation of memory dumps. I thought I had gotten BSOD events but primarily they have been of the variety I noted in my original post. My PSU is a corsair RM850 and the rest:
    Attachment 134142

focusbob, May 7, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    OK, so please keep this thread going and post another set of log files if you get a new BSOD and hopefully there will be dump file captured.

In the meantime if you continue to get these restarts without a BSOD I would post a new thread in the performance and maintenance section and see if anyone can help with the waking from sleep issue. There is also a diagnostic you can run to analyse the power performance: Create Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 - it might reveal something about the sleep and other power saving modes.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent crashes and restarts - Similar Threads - Frequent crashes restarts

2. Frequent crashes / restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes / restarts: My pc has been crashing at least once per session for a few months now, more specifically it restarts any time after being turned on, I could be running a game or doing nothing and anything in between and it would randomly restart.As far as I'm aware I haven't made any...
  3. Frequent crashes / restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes / restarts: My pc has been crashing at least once per session for a few months now, more specifically it restarts any time after being turned on, I could be running a game or doing nothing and anything in between and it would randomly restart.As far as I'm aware I haven't made any...
  4. Frequent crashes / restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  6. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  7. Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts: Hi All - ever since i have upgraded the OS Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - my Desktop is crashing frequently and restarts. In the event viewer i notice many errors: From the application log: svchost 4544,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page...
  8. Windows 10 bsod/ frequent crash's and restart

Windows 10 bsod/ frequent crash's and restart: Hi there i have built a new gaming pc listed below. Corsair obsidian 1000d super tower Msi x570 gaming pro carbon wifi mobo Amd ryzen 3800x cpu Corsair vengence LPX rgb 4x 32gb 3200mhzRam Msi 2080 super 8gb gaming trio x Gpu Corsair RM850X psu 2 x nvme ADATA smp8200...
  9. Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.: I have a HP Compaq 6305 Pro. The details can be seen by clicking the "My Computer" button on the left side of my post. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.778). For the last two weeks or so, my computer has been frequently crashing/randomly restarting. It...
  10. Windows 10 Frequently Crashes & Force Restarts

Windows 10 Frequently Crashes & Force Restarts: This is literally the third attempt at writing this, so it's gonna be quick. Basically, about December of last year, I updated Windows 10, and ever since, it crashes *no less* than 12 times a day (I'm not getting that number out of nowhere, nor is it an exaggeration; today,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. frequest crashes and restarts