Windows 10: Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

Discus and support Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Continue to get bsod's from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and I can't narrow it down to anything specific. The crashes happen randomly and never when using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by blakeKimball, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

Continue to get bsod's from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and I can't narrow it down to anything specific.

The crashes happen randomly and never when using the same program.

Steps I've done to try and solve the problem:

DDU - clean installation of Nvidia drivers

Removed all overclocking for RAM and GPU

Memtest86 - no errors

Specs:

Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha II

AMD Threadripper 3970x

Evga RTX 2080 supers 2x

128 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Here's the link to multiple minidumps from the past few days

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgFSdE6d1bd6oQCJqeaFGTUYNiSY?e=C5uhmb

:)

blakeKimball, Jun 27, 2020

2. Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

Continue to get bsod's from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and I can't narrow it down to anything specific.

The crashes happen randomly and never when using the same program.

Steps I've done to try and solve the problem:

DDU - clean installation of Nvidia drivers

Removed all overclocking for RAM and GPU

Memtest86 - no errors

Specs:

Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha II

AMD Threadripper 3970x

Evga RTX 2080 supers (2x)

128 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Here's the link to multiple minidumps from the past few days

minidumps

blakeKimball, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are receiving Blue Screen of Death. We analyzed the dump file and found the faulty module is
    Pool_Corruption, ntkrnlmp.exe & nvlddmkm.sys

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDbug
    check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONbug
    check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

In this scenario, boot the PC in Safe Mode and perform the below steps.
    Refer to the article on how to Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

1. Press Windows + X key
      and select Device Manager from the context menu.
    2. Spot and expand the Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the NVidia driver and select
      “Uninstall”

4. Check the box beside “Delete the driver software for this device”
    5. Then download and install the latest version of the driver again from their official website
    6. Navigate to the following address
      C:\Windows\System32\Drivers & find nvlddmkm.sys. Right-click & rename it to
      nvlddmkm.sys.old.
    7. When prompted for confirmation, press
      OK
    8. Then find NVIDIA folder in C Drive of your computer system and copy & paste
      nvlddmkm.sy_ File to the desktop.
    9. Open Command Window and type in the following commands:
      expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys
    10. Now, navigate to C:\ drive & copy the newly created
      nvlddmkm.sys file.
    11. Paste the copied file into the
      C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder.
    12. Restart your PC.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

I got thruough all the steps until

6. Navigate to the following address
    C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    & find nvlddmkm.sys. Right-click & rename it to
    nvlddmkm.sys.old.

And could not find nvlddmkm.sys anywhere.

Is there another method to fix this? had another SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Bsod today.

blakeKimball, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

1. Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B - Similar Threads - Frequent crashes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

2. Frequent crashes Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [NETIO.SYS]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [NETIO.SYS]: Hello.Please can I have some guidance on how to resolve this issue. I have not been successful in replicating the conditions that trigger the issue.1. I have run the sfc /scannow command and all looks ok.2. From the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, I scanned for Memory...
  3. Frequent crashes Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [NETIO.SYS]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION [NETIO.SYS]: Hello.Please can I have some guidance on how to resolve this issue. I have not been successful in replicating the conditions that trigger the issue.1. I have run the sfc /scannow command and all looks ok.2. From the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, I scanned for Memory...
  4. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming: Hi! Recently I am getting BSOD's while playing some games which I know my pc should be able to run, and can run because a while back there was no problems like this BSOD.The minidump file I uploaded is a BSOD while playing Grand Theft Auto V, but I have issues with other...
  5. BSOD and System Reboot - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD and System Reboot - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi guys, I need some assistance with a problem I've encountered. Recently I had two BSODs with system's reboot afterwards. First time a few weeks ago I didn't take it too serious, but having a second one today I need to fix what's causing the issue. I isolated the error...
  6. BSOD 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Good morning. I cant believe it. I just changed the motherboard. Install everything from scratch. I start the computer and just enter windows that blue screen ... I leave the file. DESKTOP-2TUQ8DD-(2020-01-18_13-20-28).zip Win 10 Pro 1909 I infinitely appreciate the help...
  7. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b / Frequent game crashes

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b / Frequent game crashes: Recently for the past 3-4 days all of my games have been crashing at random times while playing them (Rocket League, Fortnite, R.U.S.E), on top of that after updating all of my drivers I have gotten a couple blue screen of deaths instead of the game crashing, however crashing...
  8. BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception)

BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception): First of all, I tried using dm_log_collector, but it just crashed my pc again.So I have my mini dumps folder right here : MINIDUMPS The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bsod is literally hunting me. It happens at random times during the day, making it impossible for me to figure...
  9. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (0x3b) caused by ntoskrnl.exe

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (0x3b) caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I'm running Windows 10 in a virtual machine that I use for gaming. Whenever I try to launch some games I get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The issue happens before the game even loads and I have never gotten to their menus. This seems to be isolated to Avalanche engine games,...
  10. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b: I had a crash earlier where the screen turned black and my computer reset, but there was no BSOD so I dont have the report on that. The computer also blue screened while rebooting from the black screen crash, then later it blue screened again while I was playing World of...