Windows 10: Frequent crashes in certain programs

Discus and support Frequent crashes in certain programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, As of recently, my PC has been crashing without a BSOD. This occurs mainly with games developed in Unity and when I connect my Oculus Quest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by muvlu, Oct 7, 2020.

1. muvlu Win User

Frequent crashes in certain programs

Hi,

As of recently, my PC has been crashing without a BSOD. This occurs mainly with games developed in Unity and when I connect my Oculus Quest through link. I have tried resetting windows through the recovery option in settings. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and have reinstalled them.

Msinfo:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2R2cjcPZM_mEGfa37G6Ru5GrCn

Minidump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2R2cjcPZM_mD9-2k0Up4GcetE0?e=RlMsQd

Thanks in advance for help, if you need more information or other files I will provide as soon as I can.

:)

muvlu, Oct 7, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 7, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

axe0, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Frequent crashes in certain programs

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Frequent crashes in certain programs

1. Frequent crashes in certain programs - Similar Threads - Frequent crashes certain

2. Programs/games frequently hang and crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs/games frequently hang and crash.: After running a game Destiny 2 for several hours, the program will freeze, though audio continues to play, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. Event Viewer simply states "The program stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  3. Programs/games frequently hang and crash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs/games frequently hang and crash.: After running a game Destiny 2 for several hours, the program will freeze, though audio continues to play, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it. Event Viewer simply states "The program stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  4. PC frequently crashing in certain games - Kernel-Power error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC frequently crashing in certain games - Kernel-Power error: Hello, this ist the first time I have to ask something in a forum. I am usually able to solve all the problems I have on my own. But now I don't know how to go on with my Problem. So... I recently upgraded my PC. I got a new CPU, Mainboard and new RAM. I kept my old PSU...
  5. Computer Crashing Certain Programs

Computer Crashing Certain Programs: My computer has been crashing a game i am playing. It wasnt doing it last week but it is now every 3-5 minutes. below is the event Report: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 11/25/2019 8:23:51 PM Event ID: 1001 Task...
  6. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Hello, so my computer has been crashing constantly for the past 2 weeks and I have looked online for answers but could not find any. Here is my dmp file- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocWXEIIIEsMrxosR4kzyXe9_z9b?e=kOTYZa...
  7. Frequent Crashes.

Frequent Crashes.: As the title suggests, I'm having a lot of crashes on my new system. I have 4 of the more recent crashes saved in a folder that I'll leave a link to in the post. My system is brand new with all new hardware. Aside from a couple of hard drives that I transferred from my old...
  8. frequent crashing

frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  9. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122
  10. Computer slow, programs crashing and frequent blue screening

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer slow, programs crashing and frequent blue screening: Hello, I'm writing this from my phone because my computer is unusable for extended periods of time right now. My primary hard drive (the one with my windows installation) is becoming very problematic. It started yesterday when I noticed programs randomly hanging and not...