Windows 10: Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Discus and support Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been getting frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. It happens randomly and is getting very annoying. I ran CHKDSK command and it did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bora17, May 20, 2022.

1. Bora17 Win User

Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Hello, I have been getting frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. It happens randomly and is getting very annoying. I ran CHKDSK command and it did not find any error. I ran sfc /scannow command and apparently windows found and fixed the corrupted files? However, the problem still persists. I have BlueScreenView and in all the latest dumps, ntoskrnl.exe is the only file that is in red. I have no idea how to fix this. Please help.

:)

Bora17, May 20, 2022

2. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD's in the past week

Answer-by-number:

1. Have the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs stopped?

2. Did you hide the "bad driver update" such that Windows Update won't install it again? See

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

3. Have you ever run the McAfe Consumer Products Removal Tool?

4. Is KB3105514 listed in Installed Updates (not
    Update History
    ) now?

5. Is Firefox version 41.0.2 (or higher) and/or Google Chrome version 46.0.2490.80 (or higher) installed?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 20, 2022
  3. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 20, 2022
  4. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Karthicka_R, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

1. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD - Similar Threads - Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

2. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand: Hello all, I am new to the forum and am currently experiencing several random freezes along with BSODs. The BSOD that pops up appears to be related to the watchdog timer (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). I understand that this means that the timer is being overloaded or overwhelmed,...
  3. Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes

Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes: For some reason, my computer recently started experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSODs but could not create dump files. My Computer would also experience screen freezes that would leave my mouse still moving for a little while. Sometimes, during these freezes, my audio will...
  4. [Minidump and System Information Included] BSOD Frequently Error Code : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

[Minidump and System Information Included] BSOD Frequently Error Code : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, For the past few days I started experiencing random BSOD on my Desktop PC running Windows 10. The Error Code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I did my homework and searches for solution online and found this forum. After some reading I decided to follow the steps I found...
  5. Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION": Recently, my Windows 10 PC has been frequently freezing up, followed by a BSOD saying "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This has only been happening for the past month. I ran "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth", which both found no issues with my Windows...
  6. Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I'm getting BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message multiple times of day. This mostly happens while playing video, but rarely while playing games. I've tried clean install graphics drivers and also updated sound drivers. Unfortunately this gave no effect and...
  7. Frequent BSOD crashes, stating "DPC_watchdog_violation"

Frequent BSOD crashes, stating "DPC_watchdog_violation": Occurs whilst working, gaming, streaming videos. Screen freezes, audio continues for a while. Sometimes unfreezes there and then but most times continues to BSOD stating "DPC_watchdog_violation". Happens as much as four times an hour. Happened whilst typing this question...
  8. Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation: Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why. A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes...
  9. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...
  10. Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation)

Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation): Hi, I am getting this BSOD very frequently after i upgraded to Win 10 last week. I bought this ASUS G551jx laptop last month and since then i am getting quite problems like freezing and then it gives the BSOD. I have updated all the drivers, then i also downloaded the...