Windows 10: Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand

Discus and support Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I am new to the forum and am currently experiencing several random freezes along with BSODs. The BSOD that pops up appears to be related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by comtech121, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand

Hello all, I am new to the forum and am currently experiencing several random freezes along with BSODs. The BSOD that pops up appears to be related to the watchdog timer (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). I understand that this means that the timer is being overloaded or overwhelmed, but I'm not sure what is causing it. The BSOD seems to be trigged when browsing the web. I have tried updating drivers and checking Windows Update to no avail. After analyzing the latest dump file with the WinDbg tool, this is the end result. I have used the snipping tool to show portions of the dump file, but if you would like more information from it, please let me know. Thanks.

:)

comtech121, Jun 7, 2021

2. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD's in the past week

Answer-by-number:

1. Have the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs stopped?

2. Did you hide the "bad driver update" such that Windows Update won't install it again? See

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

3. Have you ever run the McAfe Consumer Products Removal Tool?

4. Is KB3105514 listed in Installed Updates (not
    Update History
    ) now?

5. Is Firefox version 41.0.2 (or higher) and/or Google Chrome version 46.0.2490.80 (or higher) installed?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand

Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand

1. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs along with freezing beforehand - Similar Threads - Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs

2. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Hello, I have been getting frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. It happens randomly and is getting very annoying. I ran CHKDSK command and it did not find any error. I ran sfc /scannow command and apparently windows found and fixed the corrupted files? However, the problem...
  3. Frequent freezing & BSOD

Frequent freezing & BSOD: Hello, I hope this is the right place for posting this.I am having problems with Win10Pro on my laptop. It randomly freezes and throws the BSOD. Usually the error shown is either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or UNEXPECTED_STORAGE_EXCEPTION. Strangely the computer can behave itself...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED along with other frequent BSOD reasons.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED along with other frequent BSOD reasons.: I recently had to RMA one of my SSDs that got killed somehow, unfortunately it was the one I set to boot from. When I got it back, I had to do a lot of reinstalling, and I would not be surprised if some things may be duplicates amongst the two drives I switch between. I get...
  5. Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes

Constant DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, Frequent Freezes: For some reason, my computer recently started experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSODs but could not create dump files. My Computer would also experience screen freezes that would leave my mouse still moving for a little while. Sometimes, during these freezes, my audio will...
  6. BSOD and frequent freezes

BSOD and frequent freezes: Hi, As said in the subject I have continuous BSODs and freezes on Windows 10. I noticed that happens only on certain startups: if I run the pc for half an hour without having any issue, it continues running without issues even for days if I don't shut it down. Otherwise, if...
  7. Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION": Recently, my Windows 10 PC has been frequently freezing up, followed by a BSOD saying "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This has only been happening for the past month. I ran "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth", which both found no issues with my Windows...
  8. Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I'm getting BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message multiple times of day. This mostly happens while playing video, but rarely while playing games. I've tried clean install graphics drivers and also updated sound drivers. Unfortunately this gave no effect and...
  9. Frequent BSOD crashes, stating "DPC_watchdog_violation"

Frequent BSOD crashes, stating "DPC_watchdog_violation": Occurs whilst working, gaming, streaming videos. Screen freezes, audio continues for a while. Sometimes unfreezes there and then but most times continues to BSOD stating "DPC_watchdog_violation". Happens as much as four times an hour. Happened whilst typing this question...
  10. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...