Windows 10: Frequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop

Discus and support Frequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Forum, I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend who has a new Laptop, Toshiba SATELLITE P50-C with Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hagen, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hagen Win User

Frequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop

Hi Forum,

I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend who has a new Laptop, Toshiba SATELLITE P50-C with Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M. She manually installed Windows 10 Pro x64 on it. She hasn't used it extensively so far, mainly for her student projects involving Matlab and Microsoft Word.
    Sadly, she has been getting a lot of BSODs with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, alone today it happened 3 times so far. These always seem to be caused by interacting with figures Matlab. She already tried reinstalling Matlab, but no change. I also manually installed the latest NVIDIA driver from their website and updated the Intel Graphics driver through the device manager using windows update. However, none of this has helped.
    Is it possible, that this is a hardware problem? My girlfriend is seriously thinking about returning the laptop, which would be a shame because it is otherwise a very nice one...

I hope you can help us, and looking forward to your answers!

:)

Hagen, Aug 17, 2016

2. Driver Power State Failure

When I am normally using my laptop, blue screen error appears and it automatically restarts my laptop. This problem happens frequently and it displays the only error message 'Driver_Power_State_Failure'

AnandaLuitel, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Matlab installation error "Cannot find appropriate Setup.exe file"

Original Title: Matlab installation

Whenever I am trying to install Matlab R2013a version in my new Laptop (HP 15-ab522TX) with Windows 10, after running the Setup, a message is being displayed saying "Cannot find appropriate Setup.exe file" and the installation stops there only.

Could anyone kindly help me out with a solution? I need the software to be installed urgently.

Thanking in advance,

A.D. Frequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop :)

AnchitaDey, Aug 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Hagen and welcome to TenForums *Smile

I notice that in her eventlog she has lots of hardware related errors:

Code: Event[17506]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2016-08-18T13:47:36.004 Event ID: 17 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-KVSGCNF Description: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) BusFrequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x2 Vendor IDFrequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop :Device ID: 0x8086:0xA112 Class Code: 0x30400 The details view of this entry contains further information.[/quote] I have seen this type of thing before and a search on Google will show you that it has been happening a lot. Toshiba may have updated drivers to help with this problem. It is not clear if it relates just to the graphics drivers so it would be worth updating the LAN and wifi drivers as well as any others you can see that have recent updates provided by Toshiba.

philc43, Aug 17, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    You just need to know how to use the information *Smile

To find what is causing this, we'll use the device ID to search in the msinfo32.nfo
    Code: Event[17506]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date: 2016-08-18T13:47:36.004 Event ID: 17 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-19 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE Computer: DESKTOP-KVSGCNF Description: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) BusFrequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x2 Vendor IDFrequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop :Device ID: 0x8086:0xA112 Class Code: 0x30400 The details view of this entry contains further information.[/quote] We have a shared memory address with the chipset & LAN.
    Attachment 96802

For the BSODs, it is basically the Nvidia display driver causing the trouble.
    Simply check Toshiba for driver updates or reinstall the drivers *Smile
    Code: 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`05840000 fffff800`06591000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Mon Jul 11 00:20:31 2016 (5782CA2F) CheckSum: 00D0B030 ImageSize: 00D51000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

6. Hagen Win User
    Thanks for your answers *Smile

We completely unistalled the Nvidia drivers and installed the latest ones from their website. We also installed Wifi, LAN, Bluetooth and chipset drivers from the Toshiba support site and then installed a BIOS update from the same site.

We'll see if the BSODs still occur, however we checked the Event Viewer and those WHEA errors definitely still occur

Is there a way of preventing htis shared memory address?

Hagen, Aug 17, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Sharing addresses isn't an issue, it is actually one of the services that the Memory Management of Windows provides.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Matlab on new Toshiba Laptop - Similar Threads - Frequent DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Matlab

2. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE frequent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE frequent: Hi all,I have been having an issue now for close to 6 months, the reason it's worth posting now is that the issue has been happening with an alarming frequency every 15 minutes or soThe dump files and MSInfo are located in the link...
  3. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE frequent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE frequent: Hi all,I have been having an issue now for close to 6 months, the reason it's worth posting now is that the issue has been happening with an alarming frequency every 15 minutes or soThe dump files and MSInfo are located in the link...
  4. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE frequent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent BSOD driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD driver_power_state_failure: I've been experiencing BSOD for the past months now with my acer nitro 5. I even asked for a repair since its still under warranty yet the issue still persists. They just reformat the laptop to its original windows 10. hope someone could help me here. One is caused by waking...
  6. Frequent BSOD driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD driver_power_state_failure: I've been experiencing BSOD for the past months now with my acer nitro 5. I even asked for a repair since its still under warranty yet the issue still persists. They just reformat the laptop to its original windows 10. hope someone could help me here. One is caused by waking...
  7. matlab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    matlab: I installed Matlab. I am trying to use it offline and using installation key. And when i open setup it says installer error and will not open. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/matlab/3d5da212-5709-4f83-b6a8-a2dba817b7d1
  8. New Laptop. Acer Nitro 5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Laptop. Acer Nitro 5. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I recently bought a new Acer laptop and it is up to date on both Windows, drivers, and Acer, updates. I seem to constantly get this BSOD, where the laptop starts up fine, but I noticed when I plugged my mouse in it would not connect. Initially, I thought this was strange so I...
  9. New Battery for L735 Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Battery for L735 Toshiba Laptop: Hi All Need some help. I have a old Toshiba L735 Satellite Laptop which I use as a back and with a SSD in it it works well. However the battery is shocking. I bought a replacement battery a while ago and that turned out a dud. Any advice on buying a new battery for this...
  10. Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Laptop - Internet disconnects, frequent disconnects: Hello all, My network connection may need some troubleshooting. Here is what I did, tried to install latest drivers (but newer drivers were already installed). Then I did a fresh repair install with the same problem. What is going on is this: Internet connection (wifi)...