Windows 10: Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1

Discus and support Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I've started taking online classes again thanks to the pandemic and for some reason the Windows 8.1 install came with this old laptop crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TweakyLemming66, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1

Recently I've started taking online classes again thanks to the pandemic and for some reason the Windows 8.1 install came with this old laptop crashes with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE very often which is pretty frustrating. Can anyone help me with that?The specifications of this laptop:CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-4720HQRAM: 16 GB DDR3Graphics Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980MHere are my msinfo data and minidumps. Thank you in advance!

:)

TweakyLemming66, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 22, 2022
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 22, 2022
  4. axe0 Win User

Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

Thema:

Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1

1. Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE: About 2 weeks after I installed windows 11 which was about a month ago I started randomly getting BSoDs with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE. I always have had regular BSoDs that would happen about once a week with error codes such as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE: About 2 weeks after I installed windows 11 which was about a month ago I started randomly getting BSoDs with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE. I always have had regular BSoDs that would happen about once a week with error codes such as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or...
  4. Error code: 1-8

Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent driver_power_state_faliure BSoD on Windows 8.1: Recently I've started taking online classes again thanks to the pandemic and for some reason the Windows 8.1 install came with this old laptop crashes with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE very often which is pretty frustrating. Can anyone help me with that?The...
  6. Frequent BSOD with either 1 of 2 same error codes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD with either 1 of 2 same error codes.: I bought an Asus Zephyrus G14 [GA401IU] in December 2020 and have been experiencing BSOD since March 2021 at almost a regular interval of 10 days. Every time the BSOD code is either WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR or THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.Also, every time I get the former...
  7. Frequent BSOD with either 1 of 2 same error codes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD with either 1 of 2 same error codes.: I bought an Asus Zephyrus G14 [GA401IU] in December 2020 and have been experiencing BSOD since March 2021 at almost a regular interval of 10 days. Every time the BSOD code is either WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR or THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER.Also, every time I get the former...
  8. Frequent BSOD with either 1 of 2 same error codes.

9. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks: So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will experience very frequent BSODs - it's a healthy mix of IRQL Not less or equal, Status Service Exception most frequent, Page fault in...
  10. Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs: Hi Microsoft Support, I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is. These crashes started happening after a few weeks ago. My PC has been fine before that for about 2 years. I have had a number of different...