Windows 10: Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!

Discus and support Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know why but recently (maybe the last couple of months) explorer seems to crash and keeps giving me these messages. It's becoming very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JLChamberlain42, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!

I don't know why but recently (maybe the last couple of months) explorer seems to crash and keeps giving me these messages. It's becoming very annoying, how can I resolve this?

Screenshot Examples

submitted by /u/JLChamberlain42
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JLChamberlain42, Dec 19, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Explorer exe application error

Hi,

The error code regarding Explorer.exe application could be due to corrupted or missing system files on your computer. That said, you may need to run a tool to check for missing or corrupted system files. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps
    that was provided by Deepika Gowda on October 9, 2015 through this
    link. Ending the Windows Explorer process and creating a new one are
    also given as troubleshooting regarding the issue.

Let us know if the troubleshooting methods helps.

Carlos Tin, Dec 19, 2019
  4. michael Win User

Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!

Why blue screen error occurs only when I close my explorer?

Hi Guys,

For past one month , I am experiencing very strange blue screen error which pops up only when I close my explorer before shut-down, normally it occurs while closing heavily opened tabs (When I have around 10 + tab opened in explorer) I am using Torch explorer.

When this blue screen occurs the system scans for 4 to 7 seconds and then it itself restarts.

It has been seen that when I close the explorer after I close each individual tab then this blue screen error does not occurs.

Recently I also formatted my SSD and reloaded windows 7, but still yesterday I faced same problem within 4 hours of fresh install.

Processor:i7 3770k

Motherboard:Asus P8Z&&-V Deluxe

My system specs are in my profile.

michael, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring!

1. Frequent "File Explorer: explorer.exe - Application Error" Message Occuring! - Similar Threads - Frequent File Explorer

2. File Explorer Search gets Application Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search gets Application Error: Intermittently with Note Pad text file open in selected folder just as you click in Search box this error shows up in Event Viewer.Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 7/31/2022 12:26:40 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  3. File Explorer Search gets Application Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search gets Application Error: Intermittently with Note Pad text file open in selected folder just as you click in Search box this error shows up in Event Viewer.Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 7/31/2022 12:26:40 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic...
  4. File Explorer Search gets Application Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. an error occurs frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    an error occurs frequently: SourceMoUSO Core Worker ProcessSummaryStopped workingDate‎22-‎08-‎2021 00:30StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mousocoreworker.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BEX64Application Name: mousocoreworker.exeApplication Version:...
  6. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  7. File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Opening Randomly and Frequently: Title says it all. I was playing a game the other day when I noticed that there were no borders, so my mouse cursor would go to my second monitor while I was playing. This could be unrelated, but I thought it started happening after this, and it might have been caused by me...
  8. Explorer Application Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer Application Error: Can anyone explain this Error to me please? I have completed Microsoft Updates and searched the Code for solutions but it keeps coming back. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  9. file explorer's frequent folders quantity

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer's frequent folders quantity: is it possible to change the File Explorer's Frequent Folders maximum to 20 (or any other number)? 119675
  10. File Explorer error message

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer error message: I just tried to open explorer.exe and got: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action..." The program works fine if I click on a folder--it just won't open on its own. I had this problem (without the error message) in Win 7, but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe fatal application exit error in windows 10