Windows 10: Frequent folders & recent files

Discus and support Frequent folders & recent files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to prevent Windows Explorer from showing data from an external hard drive in these places? Alternatively, can these items be hidden or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielBronstein, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Frequent folders & recent files

Is it possible to prevent Windows Explorer from showing data from an external hard drive in these places? Alternatively, can these items be hidden or deleted?

:)

DanielBronstein, Jul 9, 2019

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Jul 9, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Frequent folders & recent files

Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files

Hello,

I've learned to like the "Quick Access" feature of Win 10. Recently it has shown a strange trait. That is, instead of listing my "frequent folders" in a list in a pane at the top of the window and "recent files" in a pane at the bottom at the bottom of the window (in a separate pane), both "frequent folders" and "recent files" show up on the same detail list (in a single pane).

Likewise, the entries are all sorted by name instead of (recent) date, as I would like.

See image:

Frequent folders & recent files [​IMG]

Here is a sample (imaged grabbed from Internet) of how it should look. ("Recent folders" in a separate pane at the top and "recent files" at the bottom. This is how I want my Quick Access window to look again.

Frequent folders & recent files [​IMG]

How can I get Quick access to once again separate the "recent folders" from the "recent files"... and make them sort by "most recent date first"?

By the way, I tried "restore defaults" but that was to no avail.

Thanks!

cbi

coolblueice, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Frequent folders & recent files

1. Frequent folders & recent files - Similar Threads - Frequent folders recent

2. Explorer & Quick access showing recent not frequent folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer & Quick access showing recent not frequent folders: So i've spent a loooooong portion of my windows tenure with jumplists & recents turned off. no use for them. decided to give them a try and finding some functionality broken/not working. I can get both quick access and the taskbar jumplist to populate with recents but...
  3. All the folders,recent files &frequent folders automatically got removed. I don't know why...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All the folders,recent files &frequent folders automatically got removed. I don't know why...: I used to have folders pinned in quick access and above recent files[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-the-foldersrecent-files-frequent-folders/6cff73ed-fe5a-4108-beb8-ccd97b511119
  4. Windows Explorer Frequent Folders and Recent Files

Windows Explorer Frequent Folders and Recent Files: 4-6 weeks ago, folders listed in Quick Access / Frequent Folders disappeared, leaving only Desktop, Downloads, Documents and Folders. All Quick Access / Recent Files disappeared entirely. I suspect an automatic update is the culprit. I have searched high and low for a...
  5. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  6. recent files and folders, quick access

recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  7. Recent/frequent files in start bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent/frequent files in start bar: When I reght-click the buttons in my start bar (either the smaller ones which I have pinned to the taskbar or the larger ones relative to currently active programs) I get large submenus listing my frquent and recent files opened with that app. I do not wish this to happen...
  8. file explorer's frequent folders quantity

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer's frequent folders quantity: is it possible to change the File Explorer's Frequent Folders maximum to 20 (or any other number)? 119675
  9. Recent Random Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Random Frequent BSOD: Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here. Config: AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler Gigabyte...
  10. Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Quick Access mixes frequent folders and recent files: Hello, I've learned to like the "Quick Access" feature of Win 10. Recently it has shown a strange trait. That is, instead of listing my "frequent folders" in a list in a pane at the top of the window and "recent files" in a pane at the bottom at the bottom of the window...