Windows 10: Frequent FPS drops with a buzzing noise in games help!

Discus and support Frequent FPS drops with a buzzing noise in games help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since I updated some drivers with driver easy I have been experiencing frequent FPS drops in games that are accompanied by a robot like buzzing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brodie06, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Frequent FPS drops with a buzzing noise in games help!

Ever since I updated some drivers with driver easy I have been experiencing frequent FPS drops in games that are accompanied by a robot like buzzing noise. Also happens when watching YouTube and Twitch sometimes. I assume the problem is the new drivers don't work well with my system and I would just like to remove them and reinstall the original ones. I have already reset windows but all the drivers were kept.

The drivers I updated were:

-AMD Sata Controller

-Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller #2

-AMD GPIO Controller (I think this was one of them, can't fully remember)

-AMD PCI

-AMD SMBus

-High Definition Audio Controller

-Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator

I also rolled back all of these drivers but the problem still happens??

Would really appreciate help as I get fps drops in games are normal but the buzzing noise with it doesn't sound good.

submitted by /u/Brodie06
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brodie06, Jan 18, 2020

2. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Random big fps drops in games

SOLVED IT: I have a cosmetic app to give me a nicer look to my desktop, and apparently it was the source of my closed problem. I closed it and disabled it on startup and I no longer have fps drops.

I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on.

I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play on medium settings, and I don't believe that it's graphics or world rendering causing this because the fps drops even if I'm standing still in games, not doing anything and nothing is happening
    around me. It can't be the components overheating because their temperatures are going up to 45°C and I just recently cleaned my PC and put a new thermal paste on the CPU. The components aren't old either, I got new CPU, motherboard and RAM card this spring,
    and I kept my GPU from last november or december.

At first, when I got new components, there were no fps drops, they started somewhere in august this year.

I searched the whole Internet and didn't find the solution to my problem.

What I tried so far was:

• disabling game DVR,
    • turning off game mode,
    • reinstalling Windows (twice),
    • doing first two again,
    • searching for driver updates (my drivers are always up-to-date, I try to update the every week),
    • uninstalling some programs I didn't need and which I thought were the issue,
    • increasing the speed of RAM.
    None of that helped, the fps drops stayed, and I'm here crying in the corner because I don't know what to do, so please help however and how much you can, thanks.

Oh, and my PC specs:

CPU - AMD FX-8350

GPU - AMD RX550

8GB RAM 1833Hz

Motherboard - BIOSTAR A960D+V3

That One KIHA, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Frequent FPS drops with a buzzing noise in games help!

FPS drop in games

I saw also fps drops with some DX9 games at least since the anniversary update (I even did a fresh install but was the same), the only DX9 game that I play that had fps issues was 4Story (some had no changes, for example TERA, Final Fantasy XIII...), I usually
    had 20-30fps minimum and it runs at 1fps or even lower.

The only way I found to play it was to change the d3d9.dll with the version of it before the anniversary update. A friend also had fps drops in CS:GO with w10 anniversary, so I think the problem is with that file and it should be fixed... There are posts
    that talk about disabling Game DVR in the XBOX app, but since my computer does not meet the requirements I didn't test it.

Daniel_94PT, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Frequent FPS drops with a buzzing noise in games help!

1. Frequent FPS drops with a buzzing noise in games help! - Similar Threads - Frequent FPS drops

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones: Howdy,I have been experiencing frequent crashing with my PC along with a buzzing sound from my headphones. This has been happening since i built the PC several years ago. IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory...
  5. Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones: Howdy,I have been experiencing frequent crashing with my PC along with a buzzing sound from my headphones. This has been happening since i built the PC several years ago. IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors Installed Physical Memory...
  6. Frequent crashes with buzzing noise from headphones

7. FPS drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  8. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  9. Frequent FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent FPS drops in Windows 10: I have built my own PC some months ago and some time after I did it I started experiencing frequent FPS drops not only in games but overall in whatever I use browser, games or even browsing files. I've tried to re-install windows with formatted disks but the problem occured...
  10. Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent FPS & CPU Usage Drop: Hi, I'm having an issue that has almost conflicting parameters. Every 15-30 seconds or so (though it can be every few seconds or once every 10 minutes) my FPS will plummet and my CPU usage will suddenly drop dramatically. This is confusing to me because I'd think that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fps drop and buzzing sound