Windows 10: Frequent Freezes and Crashes

Discus and support Frequent Freezes and Crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I recently built a new PC specs at the bottom and everything was going fine for a few days, and then while playing the new Resident Evil 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve Eckles, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Frequent Freezes and Crashes

Hello all,I recently built a new PC specs at the bottom and everything was going fine for a few days, and then while playing the new Resident Evil 4 remake, I was experiencing frequent crashing, especially in certain areas. The CPU and GPU were never really being taxed at the time the crashes happened, and I experimented with numerous settings and tweaks including running the game at nearly minimum settings such that my computer had the bare minimum load on it, and I still got the exact same crashes in the same way.After that, I started experiencing crashes in pretty much every single game I

:)

Steve Eckles, Mar 29, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 29, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 29, 2023
  4. vinsterX Win User

Frequent Freezes and Crashes

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Frequent Freezes and Crashes

1. Frequent Freezes and Crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent Freezes Crashes

2. Frequent Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Freezes and Crashes: Hello all,I recently built a new PC specs at the bottom and everything was going fine for a few days, and then while playing the new Resident Evil 4 remake, I was experiencing frequent crashing, especially in certain areas. The CPU and GPU were never really being taxed at the...
  3. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  4. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  5. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC frequently freezes and crashes. Minidumps provided!

PC frequently freezes and crashes. Minidumps provided!: I have had this problem for a long time now and it has suddenly become more frequent. Perhaps once per day my screen will freeze, and I will have no option but to hold the power button down and turn it off. Sometimes the screen will freeze and display an irregular blue...
  7. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Hello, so my computer has been crashing constantly for the past 2 weeks and I have looked online for answers but could not find any. Here is my dmp file- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AocWXEIIIEsMrxosR4kzyXe9_z9b?e=kOTYZa...
  8. frequent crashing

frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  9. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122
  10. Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent system freezes and crashes upon upgrading: Hello everyone, So I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 to Windows 10 today. Unfortunately, since then I have had several issues with frequent crashes that have forced me to do a forced reboot of Windows 10. My frequent, I mean sometimes up to 5 per hour when...