Windows 10: Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

Discus and support Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having some issues with my Windows 10 PC lately, and I'm hoping you can help. I get frequent blue screens when doing almost anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chief_ist, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with my Windows 10 PC lately, and I'm hoping you can help. I get frequent blue screens when doing almost anything on my computer. It seems to come in waves sometimes, with multiple happening in one day and then none for a couple days. I've also experienced freezing where my cursor locks up and I have no option but to restart manually. The error codes on the blue screens have been widely varied and not very helpful overall. As far as solutions go, I've done the things I've seen recommended online, including updating drivers in device manager, running memory diagnostics, resetting BIOS to default, and uninstalling recent third party apps. I've uninstalled some drivers that I thought may be causing the problem, but no luck. I do think the source is a driver, because when I ran driver verifier and attempted to restart, I could not even boot into Windows before crashing. As a result, I wasn't able to generate any dump files with the verifier still running. As far as hardware goes, I haven't made any recent changes that should be causing issues.

Any recommendations about identifying the problem besides what I've already listed would be greatly appreciated. I can also provide more information if needed.

submitted by /u/Chief_ist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chief_ist, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Aug 2, 2020
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    Frequent blue screen of death

Please post a link to the dump file/s. "How to" instructions below.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

XP ROCKS., Aug 2, 2020
  4. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

Blue screen of death

I often get blue screen of death, freezing and tearing screen. Mostly when using Microsoft Edge. Will maybe freeze then jerk back into use 3 or 4 times before the blue screen and the need to restart. Also before restart the Favourites/Reading List/History/Downloads
    pulls out but returns if I attempt to click anything and have to open another Edge window to use. Please help. I read that it may be a driver causing this and found an article to include minidumps. hope this helps.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

NeilSinclair, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

1. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death - Similar Threads - Frequent Freezing Blue

2. Frequent Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent Blue Screen of Death: Whenever I use any Microsoft product word, excel, etc. my pc will usually blue screen within 10 minutes. The screen will say “: Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” The stop code at the...
  3. Frequent Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Blue Screen of Death: Whenever I use any Microsoft product word, excel, etc. my pc will usually blue screen within 10 minutes. The screen will say “: Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.” The stop code at the...
  4. Frequent Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen of death and freezing

Blue screen of death and freezing: HelloOne of my co-workers is having regular BSOD on her microsoft surface book 4. It has just been deployed to her and the dump file I get for her reads as follows through WinDbg. I would appreciate some help with interpreting the dump to try and diagnose the...
  6. Blue screen of death and freezing

Blue screen of death and freezing: HelloOne of my co-workers is having regular BSOD on her microsoft surface book 4. It has just been deployed to her and the dump file I get for her reads as follows through WinDbg. I would appreciate some help with interpreting the dump to try and diagnose the...
  7. Freezing and Blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and Blue screen of death: Hello I have been getting for the last week Blue screens of death. According to a blue screen viewer the culprit appears to be an issue with the ntoskrnl.exe driver but I am not sure how to resolve this. Anyone can please offer some advice? I include in the link below the...
  8. Freezing and Blue screen of death

Freezing and Blue screen of death: Hello I have been getting for the last week Blue screens of death. According to a blue screen viewer the culprit appears to be an issue with the ntoskrnl.exe driver but I am not sure how to resolve this. Anyone can please offer some advice? I include in the link below the...
  9. Freezing and Blue screen of death

10. Frequent Blue Screen (of Death)

Frequent Blue Screen (of Death): Hi . . . I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit running on Asus Zenbook UX430UNR with 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. It's a brand new laptop, but I've experienced 2 BSODs on random occasions, but they have one thing in common: The system crashed (BSOD'd) right after I unplugged the mini...