Windows 10: Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

Discus and support Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having some issues with my Windows 10 PC lately, and I'm hoping you can help. I get frequent blue screens when doing almost anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chief_ist, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:12 AM.

1. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with my Windows 10 PC lately, and I'm hoping you can help. I get frequent blue screens when doing almost anything on my computer. It seems to come in waves sometimes, with multiple happening in one day and then none for a couple days. I've also experienced freezing where my cursor locks up and I have no option but to restart manually. The error codes on the blue screens have been widely varied and not very helpful overall. As far as solutions go, I've done the things I've seen recommended online, including updating drivers in device manager, running memory diagnostics, resetting BIOS to default, and uninstalling recent third party apps. I've uninstalled some drivers that I thought may be causing the problem, but no luck. I do think the source is a driver, because when I ran driver verifier and attempted to restart, I could not even boot into Windows before crashing. As a result, I wasn't able to generate any dump files with the verifier still running. As far as hardware goes, I haven't made any recent changes that should be causing issues.

Any recommendations about identifying the problem besides what I've already listed would be greatly appreciated. I can also provide more information if needed.

submitted by /u/Chief_ist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chief_ist, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:12 AM
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    Frequent blue screen of death

Please post a link to the dump file/s. "How to" instructions below.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

4. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

Blue screen of death

I often get blue screen of death, freezing and tearing screen. Mostly when using Microsoft Edge. Will maybe freeze then jerk back into use 3 or 4 times before the blue screen and the need to restart. Also before restart the Favourites/Reading List/History/Downloads
    pulls out but returns if I attempt to click anything and have to open another Edge window to use. Please help. I read that it may be a driver causing this and found an article to include minidumps. hope this helps.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

NeilSinclair, Aug 2, 2020 at 3:17 AM
Thema:

Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

1. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death - Similar Threads - Frequent Freezing Blue

2. Frequent System Freeze and First Blue Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent System Freeze and First Blue Screen: For the past few months, I have been encountering system freezes that require me to manually shutdown and restart a few times a week. This morning it happened twice in a row 10:26 am and 10:29 am shortly after rebooting. And less than an hour after that I actually go a blue...
  3. [Blue Screen of Deaths] Occur frequently with different errors

[Blue Screen of Deaths] Occur frequently with different errors: Hello, I am experiencing several different blue screens crashes right now, every time it is something different. Most recently was "Kernel security check failure". As I uploaded the minidump file onto the following link: Dumpfile Things I have tried to do: 1. a clean...
  4. blue death of screen

blue death of screen: when I play game of do some kind of work on my pc this problem occur automatically "stop code:video scheduler internal error" tell me how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-death-of-screen/b60957e9-5d18-40e8-b256-f56750712009
  5. Blue Screen of Death

Blue Screen of Death: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/driver-verifier-detects-violation-in-every-driver/c5c09cff-db4c-4bee-9cc8-3b0693cec35a I basically am experiencing the exact same problem as the user in the post linked above. I have gone through all...
  6. Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death

Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death: Hello everyone, For a couple of weeks now I've been getting hard freezes followed by Blue Screen of Death on my Windows 10 PC. I initially thought it may have had something to do with CPU overheating, so I got a new, better CPU fan and applied new thermal paste, on Speccy...
  7. sustem freeze followed by blue screen of death.

sustem freeze followed by blue screen of death.: Greetings, i had this issue for long ago, i don't remember whats the trigger to be honest, but here it is. when i use Adobe Premiere pro 2019 or 2017 in editing or rendering i get this random system total freeze then after 30sec followed by bluescreen of death, with...
  8. Frequent blue screens of death on Windows 10

Frequent blue screens of death on Windows 10: Dear all, I am running 64-bit Windows 10 Home on laptop HP Spectre x360. Recently I am having issues with frequent blue screens of death. They appear every day with various errors like: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION I was...
  9. Blue Screen of Death Frequently- Page Fault In NonPaged Area

Blue Screen of Death Frequently- Page Fault In NonPaged Area: Blue Screen of death frequently on HP Pavillion, Windows 10 Home Edition 64Bit. Any suggestions to fix this? I have received several other error messages and occurs with no notice. [IMG]...
  10. Frequent Blue Screen (of Death)

Frequent Blue Screen (of Death): Hi . . . I have Windows 10 Home 64 bit running on Asus Zenbook UX430UNR with 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. It's a brand new laptop, but I've experienced 2 BSODs on random occasions, but they have one thing in common: The system crashed (BSOD'd) right after I unplugged the mini...