Windows 10: Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC

Discus and support Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I've previously made a thread on here regarding some issues related to my Windows 10 experience, but it has recently escalated.My desktop keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Liam Downs, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC

Hello. I've previously made a thread on here regarding some issues related to my Windows 10 experience, but it has recently escalated.My desktop keeps intermittently freezing total hang and forces me to manually power off, and has also failed to boot several times before seemingly resolving the issue. My analysis of the Minidump files has been somewhat unsuccessful, but through BlueScreenView I found that it seems there are associated issues with ntoskrnl.exe, dxgkrnl.sys, and nvlddmkm.sys. The MEMORY.dmp file has also indicated some trouble with nvlddmkm.sys, but previously I have also unin

:)

Liam Downs, Sep 21, 2022

2. win10 restore point failure

My win10 system won't boot after a restore point failure. What steps other than booting into safe mode? If I do a reset, will win10 be restored and my apps and data be ok?

lendapilot, Sep 21, 2022
  3. AlanZarky Win User
    Win10 freezing frequently

When I first did the upgrade to 10, I soon got a message about a runtime error with Visual C++. I found this site.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/runtime-error-microsoft-visual-c-explorerexe/0b3136f1-403e-4bad-b6c2-9b7ca28e5f5f?auth=1&rtAction=1468624262213.
    I've gotten the error message only twice; each time explorer then quits and reinstalls, but system does not crash. I have not tried the suggested steps, partly since I have many installations of c++ and the message
    doesn't tell me which one, and this site
    http://www.howtogeek.com/256245/why-are-there-so-many-microsoft-visual-c-redistributables-installed-on-my-pc/

suggests replacing them all could be problematic.

But my main problem, which might be related or not, is that since installing win10, system is crashing many times a day (not BSOD, but freezing). I've checked all drivers for updates. This happens when I'm doing nothing,
    when computer is idle, including with minimal programs running, or when I'm working. The reliability monitor gives no useful information. I am not running any terribly unusual programs (e.g. no games). I'm running office programs, firefox, a federal vpn
    program called pulse, adobe pro, autohotkey and that's it (and it has crashed w/o autohotkey running).; I at first thought problem was a program called Q-dir, because system ran 2 days w/o freezing when I stopped using it, and then I installed xyplorer and
    system crashed right away, but now w/o using either one and uninstalling both, I have very frequent freezes.
    Is there anything that would monitor things in more depth than reliability monitor, so I could know what happens just before a freeze? Or any other suggestions, other than going back to win7 before my time has expired to do so?

Curiously, each time reliability monitor shows not properly shut down at X time, when you click on details, it also mentions a previous system shutdown about a half hour earlier which, to my knowledge, did not occur.

I am desperate for assistance. Thank you.

AlanZarky, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC

Windows 11 freezes while booting

Hello, I have a problem with my windows 11.

Sometimes my PC will freeze while boot, it only freezes if I:

• Turn on the PC
    • Reset PC
    • Reboot / Restart PC
    • Restart for update
    • Enter advance / Recovery mode
    and how can I solve this problem because I'm resetting this PC. if this problem occurs during the process of course it will be damaged, as well as while updating windows.

Is there any solution for this issue?, i Will appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you.

AllofYou13, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC

1. Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC - Similar Threads - Frequent freezing failure

2. Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC: Hello. I've previously made a thread on here regarding some issues related to my Windows 10 experience, but it has recently escalated.My desktop keeps intermittently freezing total hang and forces me to manually power off, and has also failed to boot several times before...
  3. Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent freezing and failure to boot on Win10 PC: Hello. I've previously made a thread on here regarding some issues related to my Windows 10 experience, but it has recently escalated.My desktop keeps intermittently freezing total hang and forces me to manually power off, and has also failed to boot several times before...
  4. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  5. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes/crash frequently.: Sometimes when i am using my pc it randomly freeze. The sound stop working and the screen keep showing the last image like a freeze and i can't do anything.Last time i was playing roblox and then when i went away for get a drink i found it completly freeze, i don't know any...
  6. Pc freezes/crash frequently.

7. PC boot failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC boot failure: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Djole568 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5cey9/pc_boot_failure/
  8. PC frequently shutdown, screen freeze.

PC frequently shutdown, screen freeze.: Hi, there. I am recently experiencing shutting down and screen freeze problem. Every time I checked my windows log could find same errors. it starts with "Error occurred in stopping the Dhcpv6 client service. ErrorCode is 0x6D9.ShutDown Flag value is 0." Then a series...
  9. PC freeze frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC freeze frequently: Some days ago I updated Windows 10 with some updates, I don't know if that's the reason but after that I had various problems, but the biggest problem is that the pc frequently freeze for some seconds, about every hour or around 30 min interval. It doesn't matter if I got a...
  10. Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10)

Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10): I recently added a water cooler to my pc and a few days later it started to at random moments. The first this I did was to check the CPU for any hardware conflicts and or error, nothing showed up on any of the reports. Next, I did a scan on the memory, again nothing unusual...