Windows 10: Frequent game crashes and BSODs

Discus and support Frequent game crashes and BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been suffering from just about every BSOD error code occasionally and nearly all of my games crash shortly after startup. This issue has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aquamuffo, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Aquamuffo Win User

Frequent game crashes and BSODs

My PC has been suffering from just about every BSOD error code occasionally and nearly all of my games crash shortly after startup. This issue has persisted for a few weeks now, and I'm running out of options.

-The "sfc /scannow" command in Command Prompt is able to complete the verification phase then immediately displays "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

-I am unable to install any Windows updates, the updater keeps throwing the error code "0x80071a91".

-I have individually updated all of the drivers for all the devices in Device Manager.

-I have tried using the DISM functionality in Command Prompt, but it says that it cannot locate a source to repair the disk. I tried using both Windows Installation Media and the install.wim and install.esd on separate mounted USB drives as the source, but DISM still says it can't locate a source.

-I have tried to repair the PC on startup while booting from Windows Installation Media, to which I get the message "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC."

-I have checked both of my sticks of RAM individually as well as the RAM slots and they do not seem to be the issue. I have also run the memory checker with no issues detected.

-As a last resort, I wiped my SSD and did a completely fresh install of Windows 10 twice, and thenrepeated all the steps above both times.

-I have since updated my BIOS as well.

I assumed that a fresh install of Windows would completely solve these issues, but I guess not. I am fairly certain that it is not a hardware error, but I'm not sure what else it could be at this point.

To summarize, my games are only playable for around a minute before crashing and my PC has BSODs multiple times a day. I have exhausted all the options that I can find so far with no luck and I am at my wits' end. Does anyone have any other advice on how to fix this or what the issue could possibly be?

:)

Aquamuffo, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Alexxx Win User

Games Freeze Frequently / BSOD

World of Warcraft freezes frequently for up to a minute at times. The game crashed once, resulting in a BSOD.

Alexxx, Aug 13, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 13, 2020
  4. dp343 Win User

Computer frequently crashing/BSOD when playing FFXIV

Hi, I've been having some problems playing FFXIV with my computer. After playing for 10-15 minutes, the computer will crash with a BSOD, and each time it has listed different errors, although frequently the cause has been listed as either ntoskrnl.exe or
    ntkrnlmp.exe. The methods that I have tried are:

-Updated Windows and all drivers. Game still crashed after updates.

-Memtest86+. No corrupt memory indicated.

-sfc /scannow in Command Prompt. No problems there.

-chkdsk /r C: in Command Prompt. No problems there.

-Checked hardware temperatures. Temperatures nominal.

-Tried driver verifier. I found one program (ScpVBus.exe) that was listed as causing some of the crashes. I removed that but still receive crashes.

I'll post links to the mini dumps and my system configuration below. Thanks in advance for any posts or advice given.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EeBPr6ZBFJTHdObDNUcGtzdWs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1EeBPr6ZBFJVVNaYUJLOWpQcHM

dp343, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Frequent game crashes and BSODs - Similar Threads - Frequent game crashes

2. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  3. Frequent BSOD and crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD and crashes: Hi there,I have a PC I built about a year ago with 3080TI and Ryzen 5 5600X, MSI B550 Tomahawk mobo running on win 11. I am having a hard time with this PC. It will have multiple BSOD and crashes but I am unable to recreate the issue. Sometimes it will crash when I post and...
  4. Frequent BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD crashes: I'm having regular BSOD errors while gaming, specifically Overwatch. The game will run 10 to 15 minutes, then I'll get a BSOD with a variety of errors including irql_not_less_or_equal, bugcheck, etc. I have, so far as I know, updated all relevant drivers; I've done memory...
  5. Game crashes and frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game crashes and frequent BSOD: Without fail, any game I run will crash and that's if it doesn't BSOD first. It was been extremely consistent in that regard and i'm not sure what to do about it. I've done a full clean reinstall of the display drivers.Windows version:Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build:...
  6. Game crashes and frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes and frequent BSOD: Without fail, any game I run will crash and that's if it doesn't BSOD first. It was been extremely consistent in that regard and i'm not sure what to do about it. I've done a full clean reinstall of the display drivers.Windows version:Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build:...
  7. Game crashes and frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Frequent BSoD and crashes while gaming.

Frequent BSoD and crashes while gaming.: So, ever since I've gotten this PC, I've had crashes to desktop, or even BSoDs, while playing most games. Games include things like Total War: Warhammer 2, Satisfactory, Vermintide 2, Starcraft 2, Mass Effect Andromeda, Necromunda Underhive Wars, GTA 5, Dawn of War 3 just to...
  9. Frequent BSOD crashes

Frequent BSOD crashes: Hey guys, I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why this computer keeps giving me the BSOD. I have updated all the drivers. I have reinstalled windows, I have been combing google trying to figure it out. when I check the event log i get: The computer has...
  10. Games/Setups crashing and a frequent Bsods.

Games/Setups crashing and a frequent Bsods.: Problem1: My PC gets a BSoD about MEMORY_MANAGEMENT a few times. Problem2: Every game or setup crashes. While playing GTA 5 it shows Game Data corrupted and crashes while other games crash to desktop. Setups of large applications/games crash during installation....