Windows 10: Frequent hanging in Windows 10 OS build 19041.508 and issues while playing games

Discus and support Frequent hanging in Windows 10 OS build 19041.508 and issues while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I updated my computer to the OS build 19041.508 I have been experiencing weird performance issues both in video games and while doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryteck, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Ryteck Win User

Frequent hanging in Windows 10 OS build 19041.508 and issues while playing games

Ever since I updated my computer to the OS build 19041.508 I have been experiencing weird performance issues both in video games and while doing anything else.

Here is what I have noticed:

1 Severe FPS drops in games that normally ran butter smooth before the update.

2 When typing text the text and text cursor frequently freezes in place for a split second.

3 When moving the pointer around the screen it freezes in place for a split second.

4 When scrolling webpages they freeze for a split second.

5 When scrolling in the file explorer it freezes for a split second. It either resumes scrolling or sets the page back to the top for some reason.

That was pretty much all the problems that I can recollect. I thought that it might of had something to do with my OS drive 120GB SSD, which was almost full at the time with 10GBs of space left. Ihaven't reformatted/reinstalled Windows 10 on this SSD forabout 2 years now without having any problems performance wise.

I ran: chkdsk, sfc /scannow and used CrystalDiskMark to see if my SSD was dying It is currently 96% Healthy. I decided to wipe the drive, reformat it and reinstall Windows 10 OS build 19041.508 on it to see if it would help. Much to my surprise nothing really changed performance wise. At least now I have about 55GBs worth of head room on the drive.

I feel like rolling back to an earlier OS build is probably my best bet, but I would welcome any help would before I put myself through all of that.

:)

Ryteck, Oct 11, 2020

2. Microsoft store

Version 2004, os build 19041. 508

JaredFenster, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Diagnosing Frequent Windows 10 hangs

Hi nashkj,

In order to help you with your concern about your Windows 10 hanging, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes in your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To get these information, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check for the Windows Build and Version.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, click this
    link
    to start updating and to get information about the Windows 10 update history.)

• What other troubleshooting steps have you taken?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Frequent hanging in Windows 10 OS build 19041.508 and issues while playing games

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Frequent hanging in Windows 10 OS build 19041.508 and issues while playing games - Similar Threads - Frequent hanging build

2. hangging issue in windows 11 os, but never hangs for apple os.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hangging issue in windows 11 os, but never hangs for apple os.: Hi, Microsoft team , i have a question to you , why commonly microsoft operating system is hangging frequenty but apple os laptop is not hanging, if we do multitaking also the apple latop or mobile also will not get hang , but any commonly the microsoft os got hanging. Even...
  3. hangging issue in windows 11 os, but never hangs for apple os.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hangging issue in windows 11 os, but never hangs for apple os.: Hi, Microsoft team , i have a question to you , why commonly microsoft operating system is hangging frequenty but apple os laptop is not hanging, if we do multitaking also the apple latop or mobile also will not get hang , but any commonly the microsoft os got hanging. Even...
  4. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hanging frequently: Hlo,i am a user of windows 10 pro version from last some days my pc hangs at frequent intervals from where it cannot recover and i have to force shut down iti did everything disabled startup apps ran virus scan sfc scan dism Scan stopped background appsmsconfig apps disable...
  5. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 hanging frequently: Hlo,i am a user of windows 10 pro version from last some days my pc hangs at frequent intervals from where it cannot recover and i have to force shut down iti did everything disabled startup apps ran virus scan sfc scan dism Scan stopped background appsmsconfig apps disable...
  6. Windows 10 hanging frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Build 19041 Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 19041 Issues: I lost my email - rebuilt it from backups I lost my turbo tax 2019 - am rebuilding it from a backup I lost all my saved passwords - gone no rebuild I lost my video display - had to resort to vga and reinstall video drivers I lost printers - am trying to rebuild those...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Error on Build 19041

DPC_Watchdog_Error on Build 19041: Earlier this morning, my Windows PC HP Envy m6 using AMD crashed. Please view the dump file here. Suggesting that users uninstall third party antivirus software is callous and irresponsible, no matter how much better you believe Microsoft Defender has become. Under no...
  9. Frequent BSODs while playing games

Frequent BSODs while playing games: Hi there, starting around a week and a half to 2 weeks ago I began to experience BSODs while playing games (usually rainbow six siege as thats the main game I play). At first the BSODs had system service exception, page fault in unpaged area errors as the causes. I noticed...
  10. Windows 10 Hanging while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hanging while playing games: Whenever i try to launch a game on windows 10 i can play normally for 3-20 minutes before Windows hangs (perm Freeze) and i have to restart. I am having this problem on all the games i have tried (roblox, besiege, terraria, minecraft, team fortress 2) except pokemon tcgo,...