Windows 10: Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

Discus and support Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HISTORY I built my computer with my dad about 6 years ago and it has been generally well-performing in that time. My general level of tech knowledge is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by downstairs, May 4, 2021.

1. Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

HISTORY I built my computer with my dad about 6 years ago and it has been generally well-performing in that time. My general level of tech knowledge is going to be less than some users of this forum but my desire to fix this problem is strong, so please be patient if I ask you to explain! Several months ago I started to notice a progressively worsening flicker/tearing on the left side of my ~10-year old monitor, but only when doing certain things (scrolling in a web browser, etc.). Unsure if this was hardware or software related, I checked to see if drivers were updated for my video card via Device Manager (which said they were up to date), then manually downloaded/updated the drivers from the manufacturer anyway, which did not fix the problem either. A few days ago I bought a new monitor, and since that time haven't had any more display issues. However, the same evening I replaced the monitor started to get a frequent and recurrent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD. This error occurs once every 1-2 hours, regardless of whether I am using my computer or not. The computer works normally for the next hour or two, BSOD, restart, etc. RECENT ACTIONS After some novice googling, I found user in this forum who seemed to be experiencing a similar error. I downloaded the BlueScreenView program which pointed me toward the storport.sys and ntoskrnl.exe drivers as being the source of the BSODs, but this is where my novice knowledge abandons me. I need some practiced help! Six calls to MS Support later, under a technician's guidance, I have (in this order): Installed Driver Booster and updated outdated drivers (there were 7)System restored my machine to a point before the crashes startedPower cycled my computer (shut down, unplug, press power, restart)"In-place upgrade" Windows 10 -- reinstalling Windows while keeping apps and filesPhysically removed and replaced the video cardRolled back video card drivers to December release So far, nothing has worked. I'm attaching the log files in hopes you can help. Windows 10 Pro // Version 20H2 // OS Build 19042.867 970M-(2021-04-10_13-45-59).zip

:)

downstairs, May 4, 2021
  2. Zagato Win User

BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up

Hi guys

The BSOD - Internal_power_error keeps coming up (every few hours) after a few softwares were installed several days ago, and then the system restarts. The softwares include
    • AVG PC Tuneup 2016
    • Acronis True Image 2016
    • KMPLAYER, etc

Here's what I've done to try to put things right:
    Learnt that the error is somehow related to GPU/Network adaptor drivers, so had these drivers uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck.
    Also uninstalled AVG PC Tuneup, no luck.
    Finally reinstalled Windows 10, no luck as well.*Sad

Attached herewith the debug file, kindly have a look and advise. Million thanks!

Zagato, May 4, 2021
  3. Internal_Power_Error BSOD

I've tried several solutions posted in various discussions with this problem, and so far, have had no success.

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro x64, and every 10 minutes, even if the only thing that's running are background programs, I will get a BSOD for an Internal_Power_Error. I've tried updating the latest drivers for my GPU and network adapter,
    I've tried increasing the size of the hibernation file, I've borrowed a friend's GE Force GTX 660 GPU to test if I still get the same error, and I've tried rebooting in safe mode, disabling the original GPU and network drivers as described here: Windows 10 - internal power error

None of these solutions have stopped my desktop from getting a BSOD every 10-20 minutes and the reason displayed each time is "Internal_Power_Error". I'm getting to the point where I just want to roll back to Windows 7, because I can't get any work done
    on my desktop right now.

PC is a custom build (not by me). 6GB RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 955 processor, AMD Radeon HD 5670 GPU.

EDIT:

Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H.

Here is a dropbox link that contains the system info, dump files, and driver report requested: Dropbox - Dump Folder - Simplify your life

Mitsurugi52, May 4, 2021
  4. PCG
    PCG Win User

Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

BSOD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After Hibernation Mode

I updated the ASMedia USB 30 drivers and after a few wake up cycles had another INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR bsod. The new dump file is attached. I will now move onto the Samsung secnvme.sys driver to see if that helps.

Thema:

Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

1. Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD - Similar Threads - Frequent INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD

2. Frequent Stop Error: Internal_Power_Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Stop Error: Internal_Power_Error: I have a fresh install of Windows 11, fully updated, on a Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1, but keep getting this stop error in the subject line. I have tried the one setting that someone suggestedpowercfg /hibernate /size 100, and the other suggestion in that article, but still...
  3. Frequent Stop Error: Internal_Power_Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Stop Error: Internal_Power_Error: I have a fresh install of Windows 11, fully updated, on a Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1, but keep getting this stop error in the subject line. I have tried the one setting that someone suggestedpowercfg /hibernate /size 100, and the other suggestion in that article, but still...
  4. BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR related to eSATA enclosure/disks: I have a Mediasonic four-port disk enclosure that only allows hot-swapping disks in eSATA mode (it also supports USB 3, but without the swapping feature). BTW, the USB 3 mode works fine with all my disks. So I bought this eSATA card, which seems to work fine, by which I mean...
  5. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR: Everytime I boot my computer it occur a BSOD witch the description is power policy manager experienced a fatal error and the bugcheck code is 0xA0 (0x10E, 0xA, 0x7F85, 0xE6C8). Heres the link with the dumps: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GVCyOSQcQG4-xgkr0KE09xJ1ga9AHSt6...
  6. BSOD on boot: 'ntoskrnl.exe' 'INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR'

BSOD on boot: 'ntoskrnl.exe' 'INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR': Hi this is not the only BSOD I have been getting but the only one I have managed to log. Some things I have recently done: created a virtual machine and added another monitor using my onboard graphics card. I can't pin point when the crashes began. But also last year I had my...
  7. Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.: History Since a couple of months, I have been getting BSOD error. At the beginning very rarely, but later on more frequent. The error is always the same “Internal power errror” and then the system reboots. It happens seemingly random. That is, I have not yet detected a...
  8. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive: Today I got an INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSOD while playing beamng drive. it happened twice once as soon as I entered a race and one after about 10 minutes of playing. I'm wondering what is causing this. I don't know if it is the game causing it or something else that just happens...
  9. BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up

BSOD - Internal_power_error Keeps coming up: Hi guys The BSOD - Internal_power_error keeps coming up (every few hours) after a few softwares were installed several days ago, and then the system restarts. The softwares include AVG PC Tuneup 2016 Acronis True Image 2016 KMPLAYER, etc Here's what I've done to try...
  10. Internal_Power_Error

Internal_Power_Error: I'm getting this error message about every other time I boot up. I just finished a clean install,and am still getting this same error message. 20221