Windows 10: Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout

Discus and support Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, For the past couple weeks now, ever since I have updated to this version of windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by _JoeyJabbour, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout

Hello everyone,

For the past couple weeks now, ever since I have updated to this version of windows 10:

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134,

I have been experiencing a network issue that completely has me baffled. At a random instance, my computer's network would freeze, and the Wi-Fi icon would change from connected to connected, no internet. When I would try to go into my adapter settings to disable and enable the adapter to fix said issue, file explorer would not open the proper location where I could do so. I have searched online for the past couple hours, and this is what I have done in an attempt to resolve the issue:

• Reset WiFi Network Settings and it's defaults (Unfortunately, only worked for a day).
    • Changed power management settings (I soon figured out that this was NOT the issue; my computer's power management is working just fine)
    • Changed the Network Profile to which I am connected to from public to private.
    • Searched for any updates that would require my network driver to be upgraded [None that I have seen]
    • Checked for any normal windows updates [None].
    • Ran multiple diagnosis' on different levels of the situation (Ran adapter issues, network issues, i.e.)
    • Checked the device for improper function ["This device is working properly"]
    • Checked my anti-virus for any firewalls that could intentionally mess with my network and it's settings
    • Checked for any viruses on the computer

As a rising computer enthusiast, I am quite unsure of what to do next. It would be much of a help if anyone could shed some light on this circumstance, or if anyone shares the same predicament I am currently in.

For anyone who requests this, this is the computer specs:

Model: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC x64-based

Processor :Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Factory OS: Windows 8.1, updated to Windows 10 Home

Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

:)

_JoeyJabbour, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Internet Dropouts

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get better clarity on the issue:

• Did you install any updates on the computer recently?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, you can check for updates and install the latest updates. To check for updates follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard, it will open Settings.
    2. Click on Update & Security.
    3. Under Windows update click on Check for updates.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout

1. Frequent Network Connection Loss and Dropout - Similar Threads - Frequent Network Connection

2. Random connectivity loss on particular Wifi network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connectivity loss on particular Wifi network.: Hi,Our devices are experiencing random disconnects on a particular wifi network.The devices are Lenovo and HP 450 laptops, Windows 11, latest drivers, and devices are managed via Intune.It happens only on that network; connectivity on any other network is fine.What can be the...
  3. Random network dropout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random network dropout: This has not happened in a long time. But on this computer and the one I had before it Both on Windows 11, the internet connection would constantly drop. Not a signal issue. It would just drop. I did all the usual reset tasks , updated drivers, all of that. Was working just...
  4. Random network dropout

Random network dropout: This has not happened in a long time. But on this computer and the one I had before it Both on Windows 11, the internet connection would constantly drop. Not a signal issue. It would just drop. I did all the usual reset tasks , updated drivers, all of that. Was working just...
  5. Loss of Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Networking: My PC is less than 2 months old and I have been losing networking. It is connected to my router by WI-FI and I do not lose internet ability in any way. My HP laptop is normally seen by the other devices connected to the router some Wi-Fi some direct connected. Every so...
  6. Loss of Networking

Loss of Networking: My PC is less than 2 months old and I have been losing networking. It is connected to my router by WI-FI and I do not lose internet ability in any way. My HP laptop is normally seen by the other devices connected to the router some Wi-Fi some direct connected. Every so...
  7. Frequent loss of application licenses

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Frequent loss of application licenses: The users of the Torrex Pro and 8 Zip Pro apps often report a problem that they can't install the app from Microsoft Store and get this error: "Torrex Pro 8 Zip Pro is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the...
  8. Frequent loss of internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent loss of internet connectivity: Hi When starting my laptop fom "sleep" mode i frequently find i have lost internet connectivity. The only way to solve this is to "restart" my machine and wait for everything to load up again. Could anyone help please?...
  9. Bluscreen after loss of Network Connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluscreen after loss of Network Connectivity: I have been losing all Network Connectivity recently and the error cannot be fixed by running the Troubleshooting tool. Have tried to Reset the Network Adapter but I have been getting a blue screen during the restart. No new software has been installed, so I can't guess...
  10. Network Loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Loss: Win 10 Home was just installed on the church computer and the 5G network does not show up. Two 2.4G networks show up and connect. Control Panel does not show the 5G, just all 2.4Gs. The 5G network is active and connects to other computers, also my cell phone connects. How do...