Windows 10: Frequent Network Disconnect

Discus and support Frequent Network Disconnect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new Surface Pro with Windows 10 wired to a network and no wireless connections active and running Quickbooks with the data file on another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PorkChop4U, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Frequent Network Disconnect

I have a new Surface Pro with Windows 10 wired to a network and no wireless connections active and running Quickbooks with the data file on another network computer. While using Quickbooks, I frequently get an error "Connection has been lost" and I have to abort my current session and re-start quickbooks.

After some research, I located the event viewer and it does show frequent 56 and 55 events. Any idea what's causing this?

Frequent Network Disconnect 461b09cd-9520-4918-b5a6-c9c707549152?upload=true.png

:)

PorkChop4U, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 frequently disconnects from Network

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:
    • Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Wifi frequently disconnecting, Win10? Any suggestions please??

Hi Raja D,

I realize that the WiFi is disconnecting frequently. I will try to help you with this issue.

You will be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues.

Open the Network troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View All.
    Click on “Network Adapter” troubleshooter to fix problems with
    Network Adapter. Follow the on-screen directions to run this troubleshooter and restart the computer to check if this helps.

Further, suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Frequent Network Disconnect

Network Disconnects in standby

Hmmm i've tried that it didn't seem to work still disconnected the network =\ and yeah im on xp

Adeel_ssj4, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Frequent Network Disconnect

1. Frequent Network Disconnect - Similar Threads - Frequent Network Disconnect

2. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  3. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  4. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN port disconnecting frequently from network: Hi, We installed PCI card in windows 10 pc . Facing Lan card disconnecting issue frequently. After analysis identified during disconnection below error message reported. Kindly guide me how to solve this issue. Windows 10 will it support PCI card or we need to go for...
  5. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN port disconnecting frequently from network: Hi, We installed PCI card in windows 10 pc . Facing Lan card disconnecting issue frequently. After analysis identified during disconnection below error message reported. Kindly guide me how to solve this issue. Windows 10 will it support PCI card or we need to go for...
  6. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection: My Lenovo C940 laptop has an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz network adapter. Windows 10 Home 1909. Using either up-to-date Chrome or the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Frequently, when I navigate to most new sites (I won't list every site, but they're highly varied -- not...
  8. Frequent disconnects from network

Frequent disconnects from network: Hi, I have an extremely perplexing problem which I hope someone can help with. I have 2 self built PC's with the same OS and Mobo but different CPU's. One of the systems is stable and has no problems, the other has frequent but random disconnects from the net. The one which...
  9. Frequent network disconnection after Windows update.

Frequent network disconnection after Windows update.: Every time Windows does a major update, it somehow disconnects my peer to peer network. I have checked to make sure network discovery is turned on and i have made sure the password is turned off. But i am still getting a thing asking me for my credentials. The mapped...
  10. Frequent Disconnections

Frequent Disconnections: For some time now I have been getting frequent disconnections most days. There Are some days when its ok but more often than not I will get several 1 second disconnections a day and then it comes back online. We recently had an engineer out to modernise our main telephone...