Windows 10: Frequent Network Refresh Needed

Discus and support Frequent Network Refresh Needed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop computer connects to the internet through my LAN by Ethernet. When I notice slowing loading of web pages I run a speedtest and find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CBankston, Feb 25, 2021.

1. CBankston Win User

Frequent Network Refresh Needed

My desktop computer connects to the internet through my LAN by Ethernet. When I notice slowing loading of web pages I run a speedtest and find my download speed has dropped from its normal 150+ to about 50. When I use the following commands and restart, the speed is restored to normal levels:

Solution 1. Refresh Network.

1. Open CMD as an administrator mode.
    2. Type in the following,

ipconfig /release <Press Enter>
    ipconfig /renew <Press Enter>
    ipconfig /flushdns <Press Enter>
    ipconfig /registerdns <Press Enter>
    nbtstat -rr <Press Enter>
    netsh int ip reset all <Press Enter>
    netsh winsock reset <Press Enter>

[COLOR=rgba0, 0, 0, 1]The problem is that I am having to do that almost daily. If I run the commands and recheck speed before restarting the speed increases to about 80. I shut down the computer every night. What could be causing the settings to need such frequent refreshing?[/COLOR]

:)

CBankston, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Network connection keeps cutting out

Hello Eugene,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you try to reboot your Modem to refresh your network since it was not listed on your post.

We also suggest that you try to reinstall your network adapter if the first troubleshooting step didn't work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jay Jap, Feb 25, 2021
  3. MrMan Win User
    Frequent disconnects from network

HI,

firstly many thanks for taking the time to reply. I have done as suggested and performed a clean boot. After the computer restated the network was working for about a couple of minutes before disappearing. I'm not sure what the next step should be as it would seem that none of the non-essential services is causing the problem.

MrMan, Feb 25, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Anyway to REFRESH the Network display in File explorer

Hi there

The Refresh DOES appear when you right mouse click in the space but the Network mappings aren't refreshed -- the cache still waits several minutes before the display of network computers are updated.

Thanks for all the help -- it seems that Network mapping isn't high on the list of File explorer attributes -- at least the map DOES refresh even though one has to wait a few minutes.

Would be nice though to be able to FORCE a manual refresh though. I suppose a problem could be that the NEW system coming online has to create connections to computers IT finds on the network. I can understand a delay for a system STARTING UP but a system shutting down should disappear instantly from the list !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Frequent Network Refresh Needed - Similar Threads - Frequent Network Refresh

2. Need help with frequent BSODing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with frequent BSODing: For the past few months, my PC has been giving me BSODs frequently, at least one per day or so. But recently, the frequency has gone up to about 2 a day. The crashes usually happen when I am browsing the internet or watching videos, but never when I am playing video games....
  3. dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dns_probe_finished_bad_config Frequently, But No Network Disconnection: My Lenovo C940 laptop has an Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz network adapter. Windows 10 Home 1909. Using either up-to-date Chrome or the latest version of Microsoft Edge. Frequently, when I navigate to most new sites (I won't list every site, but they're highly varied -- not...
  4. Frequent disconnects from network

Frequent disconnects from network: Hi, I have an extremely perplexing problem which I hope someone can help with. I have 2 self built PC's with the same OS and Mobo but different CPU's. One of the systems is stable and has no problems, the other has frequent but random disconnects from the net. The one which...
  5. Frequent Network Disconnect

Frequent Network Disconnect: I have a new Surface Pro with Windows 10 wired to a network and no wireless connections active and running Quickbooks with the data file on another network computer. While using Quickbooks, I frequently get an error "Connection has been lost" and I have to abort my current...
  6. Device Manager Refreshing - Related to Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Refreshing - Related to Network: I noticed slight stutters when gaming recently and while troubleshooting device drivers found that Device Manager was refreshing every 10-12 seconds or so and sometimes two or three times rapidly. These corresponded with the stutters in games. I assumed it was a USB hub or...
  7. W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares

W10 Sharing on LAN -- Need to REFRESH Network to access shares: Hi there Anybody got a solution to this I have a LAN with various computers of different OS'es sharing HDD's. If I just leave them idling (i.e nothing running - no sleep / Hibernate / HDD disconnects etc) I find if I try and connect to a SHARE FROM or TO a W10 machine...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. Upgrade went quite smoothly with one very majoy annoyance. THE WINDOWS DESKTOP and TASK BAR is refreshing very frequently. This sometimes makes it impossible to carry out a simple task. If anybody can please help...
  9. Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh: Win 10 File Explorer thumbnails frequently do not refresh after changes such as cropping in an image editor. Despite much googling I've still not found a reliable fix. For example, Falcon-12 has an AR of 16:9, despite itswide thumb, which looks identical to that of the 2:1...
  10. Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh"

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh": Folks, Running a one-month old clean Win 10 install. I find that my desktop icons frequently lose their shortcut symbol (the little white square with curved blue arrow), or otherwise change. I haven't tried to figure out when or why this happens. It shouldn't. An icon,...