Windows 10: Frequent occurrence of BSODs

Discus and support Frequent occurrence of BSODs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is my first post, so please excuse any formatting errors and lack of basic knowledge of computers. Also, this is going to be a long post, so strap... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enigmatore, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Frequent occurrence of BSODs

This is my first post, so please excuse any formatting errors and lack of basic knowledge of computers. Also, this is going to be a long post, so strap in.

I bought my laptop, MSI GV62 8RE-050IN, over a year and half ago (sometime in August 2018) and ever since I bought it, it keeps crashing frequently while showing various BSODs. The specs of my system (if it helps) are:

• Intel HM370 Chipset
    • Intel Core i7-8750H processor: 2.2 Ghz with Hexa Core Turbo Boost to 4.1 Ghz
    • NVIDIA GTX 1060 GDDR5 6 GB
    • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 128 GB Kingston PCIe SSD + 1 TB HDD
    • Windows 10 Pro - v1909 (Fully updated)

The BSODs are too numerous to mention specifically, but the ones I generally remember are:

• DPC Watchdog Violation
    • Memory Management
    • Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page
    • Something about Power Failure, but can't remember the entire code.

What I do when a BSOD occurs is this:

• Run System File Checker as admin on Command Prompt.
    • Run Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool to repair files that could not be repaired by SFC.
    • Run System File Checker again.
    • Run a Memory Diagnostic Check and restart.
    • Run System File Checker again.

This is the full treatment and sometimes I don't get beyond the first step because the system file check returns no integrity violations. Sometimes the crash will screw up my "High Definition Audio Controller" driver and I will have no sound at all. Troubleshooting that is a separate post on its own, and despite my limited success in troubleshooting that particular error, my best hope is that the next crash fixes it.

What I have done to resolve this:

• Eliminated all bloatware of MSI and run my system with vanilla Windows applications along with installing programs that I need.
    • Performing a clean install of a previous version of Windows. Fun story: one time my system crashed while I was installing the OS. Also, one other time my system crashed while I was booting up, that is, I pressed the power button and my screen opened to a BSOD.
    • I keep my system fully updated with regards to Windows Updates and I keep my drivers updated via Windows Updates as well as using a combination of Intel Driver and Support Assistant, ioBit's Driver Booster and MSI Driver Updater to keep my drivers fully updated.
    • Keep my system clean of malware with anti virus.
    • Taken it to the MSI Service Center for help. They wiped my entire system clean and reinstalled both Windows 10 Home OS and all the other bloatware. Didn't really help.
    • Cleaning up disks regularly.
    • Tried tracking down individual error files by checking the CBS log after System File Check and tried to replace the faulty DLLs. Did not work.

Needless to say, none of this has been particularly effective and my system keeps crashing like there is no tomorrow. My system is currently stuck in a bootloop because I was trying to troubleshoot the Realtek Audio issue I mentioned and it looks like I am going to have to reinstall Windows again.

Any suggestions/feedback is welcome. Also, if you think I am doing something wrong in my response to a BSOD, please let me know. As for manually opening up my laptop and checking for issues, I am afraid I lost my tool set while I was moving, and am currently under lock-down because of the ongoing pandemic. Even markets are closed here, so I cannot go out and buy a new set. But apart from that, I am game for everything else.

submitted by /u/Enigmatore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enigmatore, Apr 18, 2020
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Apr 18, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

Frequent occurrence of BSODs

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

Thema:

Frequent occurrence of BSODs

1. Frequent occurrence of BSODs - Similar Threads - Frequent occurrence BSODs

2. [BSOD] KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e: Frequent Occurrences - How to Stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e: Frequent Occurrences - How to Stop: Hello all looking for helpwith handling this BSOD this happens at least two times a day doing simple tasks such as non-streaming web searches and just daily use. I have since Done the following:1 Reset PC - Keep Data2 Reset PC - Delete Everything3 Full OS Win11 Install From...
  3. [BSOD] KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e: Frequent Occurrences - How to Stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BSOD] KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e: Frequent Occurrences - How to Stop: Hello all looking for helpwith handling this BSOD this happens at least two times a day doing simple tasks such as non-streaming web searches and just daily use. I have since Done the following:1 Reset PC - Keep Data2 Reset PC - Delete Everything3 Full OS Win11 Install From...
  4. Frequent BSODs occurrence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs occurrence: Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with what's happening to my PC right now, once every 2-3 days it will freeze to BSOD. This has been happening for the last 2-3 months. It had the same issue at the end of last year but it suddenly fixed itself but now it's coming back again.My...
  5. Frequent BSODs occurrence

Frequent BSODs occurrence: Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with what's happening to my PC right now, once every 2-3 days it will freeze to BSOD. This has been happening for the last 2-3 months. It had the same issue at the end of last year but it suddenly fixed itself but now it's coming back again.My...
  6. Frequent Bsod

Frequent Bsod: After installing Bitdefender anti virus I started getting Bsods on my PC. I have uninstalled it now but Bsods continue. Please help/advise. Thanks. dump file is attached for refference https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RGm3zjrm93P1pmpF1K4IEgJ2o2-lE0oK/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Strange Occurrence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Occurrence: Whenever i have no audio playing and my room is quiet, whenever i move my mouse i hear a noise in my headphones that sounds like a beep, and it holds the sound for as long as i am moving my mouse...
  8. Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up: I recently started seeing the following pop-up: "Crash Logs" "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer?" I have Windows 10 Professional and Office 365. The pop-up sometimes occurs when Outlook is...
  9. BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Unrelated Occurrences

BSOD Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Unrelated Occurrences: As the title suggests, I am getting BSOD from varying sources, most recently Khan Academy and STEAM. I know very little about issues like this, and would appreciate a comprehensive walk through of how to fix this. 71232
  10. Frequent BSOD

Frequent BSOD: Hello guys. In the past few months my PC has been constantly having a BSOD, usually 2 times a week or so (more frequently in the last few days). Most of the times it happens right after booting the OS, with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. One time I also got something related to...