Windows 10: Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

Discus and support Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently started seeing the following pop-up: "Crash Logs" "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChuckSarson, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ChuckSarson Win User

Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

I recently started seeing the following pop-up: "Crash Logs" "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer?" I have Windows 10 Professional and Office 365. The pop-up sometimes occurs when Outlook is open but it also occurs without an Office program being open. I don't know which program triggers the pop-up. There doesn't appear to be any problem with the computer's performance.

:)

ChuckSarson, Sep 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Caledon Ken Win User
    Crash Logs Pop Up

Hi Immd. Welcome to the TenForums @Immd

When the message pops up look down at task bar. Is there an icon with a blue line under it that you don't recognize?

Next I would audit the Startup tab in Task manager. You should be able to identify what everything is with the help of Google.

What happen a day or 2 ago. Were you installing anything, opened a strange or random attachments?

Might want to try malwarebytes Free version from Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software | Malwarebytes

You can also enter apps (Start > Settings > Apps ) and then sort the list by install date instead of name.

Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up [​IMG]

Hopefully one of these will find your new app.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

axe0, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up - Similar Threads - Frequent occurrence Crash

2. frequent crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  3. Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop Up: Well don't do a format an recovery I did it today an cleared every thing off my computer, an guess what when I went to a webpage ImgSync Image8pubmatic.com had poped up wanting to know I wanted to open or save a sit so that will not work an I have...
  4. Crash Logs Pop Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash Logs Pop Up: Hi... I don't know where this is coming from: [img] As soon as I hit a key or move the mouse, it disappears. As far as I can tell, no opened programs have been affected. Everything appears to be working normally. Started a day or 2 ago. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. IE Pop ups and crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE Pop ups and crashing: I am trying to help a friend that is having problems with the IE 11 and she is running Windows 10 64bit home 1607. The IE explorer tries to open the home page, msn.com and then IE keeps asking if it should allow pop ups. It does not matter what you click or how many times you...
  6. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122
  7. Frequent crashes and restarts

Frequent crashes and restarts: Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent...
  8. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Right now I have 3 large monitors. When the crash happens my display freezes on my primary monitor and the other monitors go black. On windows 8 it would go straight to BSOD and on 10 it shows the last thing i was looking at.\ The crash typically occurs when I am using...
  9. pop ups

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pop ups: Hello I have Win 10 Pro with pop up blocker enabled but am continuously getting pop ups as I surf. I have MBAM and its Anti - Exploit which finds nothing. Do you have a tip to reduce these annoyances? Thank you 21440
  10. pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    pop up: Excuse me if I am on the wrong section but I keep getting a pop-up and have no idea what to do. Please help! An error has occurred in the script on this page line: 158 char: 17 error: unable to get property "Location" of undefined or null reference code: 0 URL:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crash logs popup