Windows 10: Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

Discus and support Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently started seeing the following pop-up: "Crash Logs" "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChuckSarson, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

I recently started seeing the following pop-up: "Crash Logs" "The program or a background process quit unexpectedly. Would you like to send information about this to the developer?" I have Windows 10 Professional and Office 365. The pop-up sometimes occurs when Outlook is open but it also occurs without an Office program being open. I don't know which program triggers the pop-up. There doesn't appear to be any problem with the computer's performance.

:)

ChuckSarson, Sep 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Crash Logs Pop Up

Hi Immd. Welcome to the TenForums @Immd

When the message pops up look down at task bar. Is there an icon with a blue line under it that you don't recognize?

Next I would audit the Startup tab in Task manager. You should be able to identify what everything is with the help of Google.

What happen a day or 2 ago. Were you installing anything, opened a strange or random attachments?

Might want to try malwarebytes Free version from Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software | Malwarebytes

You can also enter apps (Start > Settings > Apps ) and then sort the list by install date instead of name.

Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up [​IMG]

Hopefully one of these will find your new app.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 6, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

axe0, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up

1. Frequent occurrence of Crash Logs pop-up - Similar Threads - Frequent occurrence Crash

2. Y540 frequent crashes, no BSOD, no logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Y540 frequent crashes, no BSOD, no logs: Specs:Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH 4 years in use, no warrantyWin10RTX 2060, i5-9300H, 16GB DDR4, SATA and NVMe storageProblem:The laptop crashes frequently. The laptop will crash randomly whether it’s idle or under heavy load. The laptop can go for days without crashing, but...
  3. Y540 frequent crashes, no BSOD, no logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Y540 frequent crashes, no BSOD, no logs: Specs:Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH 4 years in use, no warrantyWin10RTX 2060, i5-9300H, 16GB DDR4, SATA and NVMe storageProblem:The laptop crashes frequently. The laptop will crash randomly whether it’s idle or under heavy load. The laptop can go for days without crashing, but...
  4. Y540 frequent crashes, no BSOD, no logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent "webpage is unresponsive" pop up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent "webpage is unresponsive" pop up.: I have recently bought a Surface Studio Laptop and I'm having a lot of issues with loading webpages. Some will be fine, but a large number it really struggles and then comes up with a "webpage is unresponsive" warning with the option to "wait" or "exit". Often if I then click...
  6. Frequent "webpage is unresponsive" pop up.

Frequent "webpage is unresponsive" pop up.: I have recently bought a Surface Studio Laptop and I'm having a lot of issues with loading webpages. Some will be fine, but a large number it really struggles and then comes up with a "webpage is unresponsive" warning with the option to "wait" or "exit". Often if I then click...
  7. Frequent BSODs occurrence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs occurrence: Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with what's happening to my PC right now, once every 2-3 days it will freeze to BSOD. This has been happening for the last 2-3 months. It had the same issue at the end of last year but it suddenly fixed itself but now it's coming back again.My...
  8. Frequent BSODs occurrence

Frequent BSODs occurrence: Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated with what's happening to my PC right now, once every 2-3 days it will freeze to BSOD. This has been happening for the last 2-3 months. It had the same issue at the end of last year but it suddenly fixed itself but now it's coming back again.My...
  9. Frequent occurrence of BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent occurrence of BSODs: This is my first post, so please excuse any formatting errors and lack of basic knowledge of computers. Also, this is going to be a long post, so strap in. I bought my laptop, MSI GV62 8RE-050IN, over a year and half ago (sometime in August 2018) and ever since I bought...
  10. Crash Logs Pop Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash Logs Pop Up: Hi... I don't know where this is coming from: [img] As soon as I hit a key or move the mouse, it disappears. As far as I can tell, no opened programs have been affected. Everything appears to be working normally. Started a day or 2 ago. Any help would be appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crash logs popup