Windows 10: Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

Discus and support Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there!I'm getting frequent lockups on my computer, typically but not reserved to when I'm playing a video or videogame NVIDIA GTX 1080. Here is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craig Fairweather 100, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

Hi there!I'm getting frequent lockups on my computer, typically but not reserved to when I'm playing a video or videogame NVIDIA GTX 1080. Here is my system info, along with the last appearing Kernel issue before the latest lockup. Below that is a look at events and summaries, in case there is something I should be concerned about in there. Thanks!CraigSystem Info: Kernel log: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/AdminSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date: 04/03/2022 15:44:47 Event ID: 2 Task Category: Session Level: Error Keywords:

:)

Craig Fairweather 100, Mar 4, 2022

2. Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

Okay - so an update.

PC woke up sometime during the night between 01:50 and 04:00 (I woke to go to the toilet at 4am and the PC was on. A simple tap of the on/off button put it back to sleep).

As per the advice from steve108 in this post on this link https://www.hellotech.com/blog/why-does-my-computer-keep-waking-from-sleep-mode I followed the steps under the section 'How to Find Out What’s Causing Your Computer to Wake Up'

I ran powercfg from an elevated command prompt.

powercfg/lastawake was no help as it showed the power button which I used to turn the pc on this morning (!)

If this happens again (pc wakes from sleep), I'll have to leave it on and then run the powercfg/lastawake command

powercfg/waketimers is puzzling as it shows the hard disk volume 2 as the culprit.

I have no idea what 'StartMenuExperienceHost' is but it looks like ONG's suggestion of looking in the Startup programs and Background Apps may bear fruit.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed shows two entries for both the mouse and keyboard. Both now disabled.

Command Window:

Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue? [​IMG]

Startup Programs/Apps as follows:

I'm thinking I don't need the following to be enabled?

Adobe Gamma Loader
    Apple Push
    Cortana
    Eraser
    Intel Driver and Support Assistant
    Quick Time Task

However some advice/confirmation would be great.

CDA Server (Part of Samsung Easy Printer Manager) for a wireless networked AiO Printer and as such should be running? Apparently, an obsolete or defective version of CDASrv.exe can cause problems

There were 31 'Background Apps' that were turned ON.

List follows:

Apart from, perhaps, Windows Security and maybe iTunes, is there any reason for any of these to be on?

For example, I don't use One Note, Skype nor the Xbox Game Bar (I'm not a gamer) so I'm confident in turning those off (inded I already have).

Are there any that I really NEED to be running in the background - e.g Get Help and Office?

At the moment, Get Help and Office, Settings, Windows Security and iTunes are the only ones that I have leftswitched on.

Help/suggestions as to whether (or not) I need these apps running in the background are most welcome.

Thanks to all that have offered help and suggestions so far, it is much appreciated.

Art

ArthurDent, Mar 4, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

Install issues

Hi Gilles,

For us to help you in setting up this PC, please answer a few things:

• Does it give you a specific kernel error code on the blue screen?
    • What suggestions have you looked into and tried?
    Please check this
    page
    for recommendations in resolving this problem. Follow the steps suggested by
    ZigZag3143.

Keep us posted.

Ruz San, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

1. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue? - Similar Threads - Frequent Lockups Kernel

2. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?: Hi there!I'm getting frequent lockups on my computer, typically but not reserved to when I'm playing a video or videogame NVIDIA GTX 1080. Here is my system info, along with the last appearing Kernel issue before the latest lockup. Below that is a look at events and...
  3. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?: Hi there!I'm getting frequent lockups on my computer, typically but not reserved to when I'm playing a video or videogame NVIDIA GTX 1080. Here is my system info, along with the last appearing Kernel issue before the latest lockup. Below that is a look at events and...
  4. Frequently BSOD from kernel

Frequently BSOD from kernel: Hello, I've very irritating problem with my computer. I can launch my computer only one at 10 starts, cause I've bsod all the time especially when launching. I tried much things. E.g. driver verifier, memtest without errors, checked and reinstall graphics drivers etc....
  5. Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes & Lockups. SSD Issue??: Hi folks In February this year, I bought a new 250GB SSD and a copy of Win 10 Pro. This was installed on the new drive. Version 2004 Build 19037.630 Since then I've had random freezes and lockups - usually (almost exclusively I must say) whilst surfing the web using Google...
  6. Weird PC lockups

Weird PC lockups: Hey guy/gals Recently I've been having random issues where the entire PC will just hard lock. The only way out is the power or reset switch. It seems to only happen while I'm on the internet with multiple tabs open. Doesn't matter the site or page, but I do notice the longer...
  7. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  8. Frequent BSOD/Lockups Bugcheck 0x0000009c

Frequent BSOD/Lockups Bugcheck 0x0000009c: Over the last few days my computer would lock up and checking the EventViewer I'd see a Bugcheck 0x0000009c error. Here's what I've done: At first I figured it was time to nuke Windows anyway so I formatted my boot drive and installed Windows 10. When that didn't work I...
  9. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...
  10. site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80

in Windows 10 Support
    site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80: I stumbled across a site that said it could solve all PC crashes and screen lockups as I was having problems with a 5 day old HP desktop all-in-one with windows 10 pre installed .I had not added any new programs at all but upon initial start up it did download updates like...