Windows 10: Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ordered RAID mainly for redundancy. If one drive fails, which has happened, you don't lose any data. You replace the failed drive, rebuild the RAID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PCGuy53, Apr 30, 2017.

1. PCGuy53 Win User

Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

I ordered RAID mainly for redundancy. If one drive fails, which has happened, you don't lose any data. You replace the failed drive, rebuild the RAID array, and keep on going without data loss or down time to restore from a backup, which may or may not be current.

PCGuy53, May 17, 2017
  2. Ztruker Win User

Makes sense. I don't mind a little down time as it takes me about 30 minutes to restore from backup.

I guess when RAID works right it's nice but I've read so many threads over the years of significant problems it just didn't seen worth the effort. Nice to see where it works well (probably most RAID setups work well and it's only the problem ones I read about).

Ztruker, May 17, 2017
  3. PCGuy53 Win User
    After all of these problems, I may re-evaluate my RAID usage and backup methods.

The RAID rebuild is speeding along. 10% done after 9 1/2 hours!!

Once the rebuild is done I will look for a backup program besides the legacy windows 7 backup in Windows 10. It keeps canceling itself.

PCGuy53, May 17, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Most of us here use Macrium Reflect Free or Pro (I have Pro).

Ztruker, May 18, 2017
  5. PCGuy53 Win User
    The system blue screened overnight. It is only stable now in Safe Mode. I have been manually copying data to an external 1 TB drive, since I cannot install Macrium in Safe Mode. Once I get my data backed up, I may try removing the RAID. It may have already broken into two separate drives.

I won't be able to get back to it for about week though.

PCGuy53, May 21, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    No problem. We'll still be here. Just update this thread and I'll see it.

Ztruker, May 21, 2017
  7. PCGuy53 Win User
    I haven't had any BSODs for a week or more. With all of the crashing, rebooting, and attempts to repair the RAID 1 array, the array broke, so Windows showed 2 separate drives instead of 1. I backed up what data I could, then deleted the RAID array in BIOS and changed the drives in BIOS from RAID to AHCI & rebooted.
    Lo & behold, my partitions and data were still there. I booted to Safe mode and disabled ahcix64s.sys with Autoruns.

I formatted my now unused 2nd drive, and used Macrium Reflect to backup the system to it. I may create a 2nd backup job to backup to an external drive.

No more BSODs!! Now on to fix the other problems with the system.

Thanks for your help. You can close this thread now.

PCGuy53, Jun 3, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

If you would, just mark the thread as solved.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - Frequent random BSOD

2. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  3. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  4. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  7. Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management)

Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management): Hello, first timer here. Long story short, after i updated to windows 10 from 8.1 i started experiencing some randomly BSODs. So i downloaded the ISO and made a clean install.Immidiatelly after my newly formated pc i installed Avast,mozilla and Asrock's Suite to check for...
  8. Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys

Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am getting frequent BSODs with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in L1C634x64.sys especially when the network is loaded (heavy bit torrent activity) Googling has led me to believe that it is problems lies with my Atheros driver so I have updated...
  9. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...
Tags: