Windows 10: Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

Discus and support Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been getting frequent BSOD over the past 3 months or so, I run "chkdsk /f /r" once or twice a week via the "assist" button boot drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Icewolf208, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

Hi all,

I have been getting frequent BSOD over the past 3 months or so, I run "chkdsk /f /r" once or twice a week via the "assist" button boot drive cmd to get it less often. I tried running sfc but it stops halfway, I tried updating it via safe mode but I couldn't.

Today (2/14/2017) I got a BSOD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR while updating a modpack for Minecraft, At the restart I immediately got the BSOD INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 3 times in a row, Windows repaired itself and booted up normally after that.

I get BSOD mostly when I watch videos on websites and also when playing a minecraft modpack, I play steam games also but no BSOD there.

My device manager says all drivers are up to date, I am unable to read the Memory.dmp file (too noob [Getting page missing or something with WinDbg]). Should I attach my latest Memory.dmp file?

Thank you for the help in advance.

PS. English is my third language

:)

Icewolf208, Feb 13, 2017

2. Multiple BSOD suddenly.

BSOD are more frequent now, seems to be random, doesn't matter what im doing.

JoshuaDonaldson89, Feb 13, 2017
  3. Frequent random BSODs

Hi,

The 3 Bug_Check were 139, 0A, & 3B. None of the minidumps showed a solid cause.

BiosVersion = 4.6.5

BiosReleaseDate = 02/14/2014

SystemManufacturer = Notebook

SystemProductName = P15SM-A/SM1-A

BaseBoardManufacturer = Notebook

BaseBoardProduct = P15SM-A/SM1-A

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2800

CurrentSpeed: 2794

1. Avast could be involved in the issue or helping to mask the cause. Fully uninstall it and then run its maker's removal tool. Use Windows Defender which in Windows 8/8.1 & 10 is a full antivirus.

Avast - Uninstall Utility

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software

2. Update the BIOS, chipset drivers, and the major on-board and separate device drivers. Especially the RealTek network drivers, video, and razer drivers (see driver update methods below).

Intel Driver Update Utility <-- run this after checking with Notebook maker

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant&

Intel Download Center

Drivers & Software

Intel - Support

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support

Intel - Community and Forums

Intel Communities, Blogs, and Social@Intel

RealTek RTL8168 drivers

Realtek

Nvidia - Drivers - Use OPTION 1 to manually enter your driver info to get most current drivers.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Nvidia Support - check with Support as it could be a known issue

Nvidia Support

Nvidia Forums - also check for forums as it could be a known issue and/or others likely to have it

http://forums.nvidia.com/

3. Run the memory tests (see methods below).

4. As needed use ALL the methods in the troubleshooters below.

5. After ALL the above if needed run Driver Verifier to see if it can indicate a

CAUSE (see Driver Verifier methods below).

-----------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshoot blue screen errors <-- read this link

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

BCCode: 3b 0x0000003b <-- read this link

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

==================================================

This utility makes it easy to see which versions are loaded :

Run DriverView - set VIEW to Hide Microsoft drivers - update those without

Dump in their names (and update BIOS and chipset drivers).

DriverView - Free - utility displays the list of all device drivers currently loaded

on your system. For each driver in the list, additional useful information is

displayed: load address of the driver, description, version, product name,

company that created the driver, and more.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

For Drivers check System Maker as fallbacks and Device Maker's which are the

most current. Control Panel - Device Manager - Display Adapter - write down

the make and complete model of your video adapter - double click - Driver's

tab - write down the version info. Now click UPdate Driver (this may not do

anything as MS is far behind certifying drivers) - then Right Click - Uninstall -

REBOOT this will refresh the driver stack.

Repeat that for Network - Network Card (NIC), Wifi, Sound, Mouse and Keyboard

if 3rd party with their own software and drivers and any other major device drivers

you have.

Now go to System Maker's site (Dell, HP, Toshiba as examples) (as rollback) and

then Device Maker's site (Realtek, Intel, Nvidia, ATI as examples) and get their

latest versions. (Look for BIOS, Chipset, and software updates at System Maker's

site while there.)

Download - SAVE - go to where you put them - Right Click - RUN AD ADMIN -

REBOOT after each installation.

Always check in Device Manager - Drivers tab to be sure the version you are

installing actually shows up. This is because some drivers rollback before the

latest is installed (sound drivers particularly do this) so install a driver - reboot

- check to be sure it is installed and repeat as needed.

Repeat at Device Makers - BTW at Device Makers DO NOT RUN THEIR SCANNER -

heck manually by model.

Manually look at manufacturer's sites for drivers - and Device Maker's sites.

How to Find and Download Drivers

====================================================

Memory tests do not catch all errors such as mismatched memory (possible even

for sticks that appear to be identical) and when faster memory is placed in system

behind slower memory. So it is best to also swap sticks in and out to check for

those even if all memory tests fail to show a problem.

To test RAM check here - let it run 4+ hours or so. <-- best method

www.memtest.org

MemTestX86 - Test RAM With

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

For the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Type in Cortana's search box -> Windows Memory Diagnostics

at top of list - click it. in Windows 8/8.1/10 the name is "Windows Memory

Diagnostic".

================================================

After doing ALL the updates you can, and if the issue continues, then run

DriverVerifier.

Driver Verifier can help find some BSOD issues :

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

How To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7. (8/8.1 and 10

are essentially the same).

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.html

Using Driver Verifier

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...448(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

WINKEY + X - RUN - type in -> verifier /reset hit enter to disable

Use BlueScreenView to see if there is a driver specified in the error message.

Also check with MyEventViewer at the time of the BlueScreen.

If Driver Verifier creates a minidump upload it and post the link here so we can

analyze it.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 13, 2017
  4. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

BSODHunter, Feb 13, 2017
  5. Sorry if I violated any rules in the thread, I am not sure which specifically. Editing my previous post.

Icewolf208, Feb 14, 2017
  6. I see Adobe License Activation Bypass.

BSODHunter, Feb 14, 2017
  7. When buying this laptop from the retail store, they offered me if I wanted any programs with it, and I asked for media editing software and I got the Adobe Collection and offline translation software, Sorry I did not know this was illegal software.
    It is highly possible that when I tried updating it a while back, the BSOD started. I will uninstall the Adobe collection then, that will solve it?

I was also getting a few Orange Screen Of Death but rarely, does that tell me anything?

Thank you.

Icewolf208, Feb 14, 2017
  8. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

The Adobe Software should not be the cause for your Bluescreens. I saw an host entry in the host file which bypasses the Adobe activation. When u removed it we can look again. Please run the dm log collector again.

BSODHunter, Feb 14, 2017
  9. I cleared the host file as mentioned.

I also had a BSOD earlier today (Bugcheck KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR).

Attachment 121313

Icewolf208, Feb 14, 2017
  10. Code: 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (15.02.2017 21:04:37) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: MemCompression Usual causes: Memory, Paging file corruption, File system, Hard drive, Cabling, Virus infection, Improperly seated cards, BIOS, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack[/quote]
    Could be defective or incompatible RAM. Please test with memtest:

Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT.. [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Feb 15, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    At least the HDD needs replacement. Even though the file system may have been repaired, the HDD itself may be failing.

Many similar event logs are present
    Code: Event[12064]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-02-11T11:09:59.649 Event ID: 153 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: VAIO Description: The IO operation at logical block address 0x37096f0 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\0000002b) was retried. Event[12069]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-02-11T11:10:20.670 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: VAIO Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block. Event[12070]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2017-02-11T11:10:20.671 Event ID: 130 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: VAIO Description: The file system structure on volume C: has now been repaired. Event[12078]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-02-11T11:10:52.759 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: VAIO Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.[/quote]

12. true Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT.. :) seems to be the disk.

BSODHunter, Feb 15, 2017
  13. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

eh that's bad, I can just buy another compatible HDD and have it replaced?
    This laptop is not more than 3 years old (bought), is that the lifetime of a HDD?
    I will still run the memtest today though and post the results.

Thanks for the help.

Icewolf208, Feb 17, 2017
  14. axe0 New Member
    Yes, but you'll need a 2.5" HDD because a 3.5" won't fit.

The lifetime of a HDD varies a lot, but generally it can be used for some years.

15. Buy an SSD. That will give u an huge Performance boost

BSODHunter, Feb 17, 2017
Thema:

Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

1. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT.. - Similar Threads - Frequent Random BSOD

2. BSOD - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: I get different codes every time, but the most recent ones are:0x00000000000000200xFFFFFFFFC000000E0xFFFFAA88EDB755000x0000000000000000Happens every couple days when closing games, specifically Rainbow Six: Siege....
  3. BSOD - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: I get different codes every time, but the most recent ones are:0x00000000000000200xFFFFFFFFC000000E0xFFFFAA88EDB755000x0000000000000000Happens every couple days when closing games, specifically Rainbow Six: Siege....
  4. BSoD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: The bugcheck was: 0x0000007a 0x0000000000000020, 0xffffffffc000000e, 0xffff9409984e06b0, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9e7b0100-a29a-4176-8209-3d507d792435My Specs:Windows 11CPU Intel i5 8400GPU GTX 1060 3GBRam...
  5. BSoD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

BSoD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: The bugcheck was: 0x0000007a 0x0000000000000020, 0xffffffffc000000e, 0xffff9409984e06b0, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9e7b0100-a29a-4176-8209-3d507d792435My Specs:Windows 11CPU Intel i5 8400GPU GTX 1060 3GBRam...
  6. BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: Hi! I've got a blue screen with the error "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" three times in the last two weeks, and it has also happened before.I'm attaching the dump...
  7. BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: Hi! I've got a blue screen with the error "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" three times in the last two weeks, and it has also happened before.I'm attaching the dump...
  8. BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. BSOD: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: Hello I have two storage devices as you can see below. [ATTACH] C: is my SSD,D: is my HDD. idk but i think the problem is with the HDD. Minidump files here
  10. BSOD: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR: Hello I have two storage devices as you can see below. [ATTACH] C: is my SSD,D: is my HDD. idk but i think the problem is with the HDD. Minidump files here