Windows 10: Frequent random BSODs

Discus and support Frequent random BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Built this system in January and installed W10 Pro. It was stable and FAST with my M.2 Samsung 960 SSD. About a month ago, I started getting random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by microsvc, Sep 11, 2019.

1. microsvc Win User

Frequent random BSODs

Built this system in January and installed W10 Pro. It was stable and FAST with my M.2 Samsung 960 SSD.

About a month ago, I started getting random BSODs. Nothing has been installed other than updates.
    I've run virus and malware scans, it's clean.
    Ryzen 5 6-core, 2 GSkill F4-3000c15-8GT2R memory sticks. NVidia GeForce 750

BSODs include Memory_management, Attempted_Write_to_Readonly_memory, IRQL_Less _or_equal...

Asus suggested bringing the bios to the latest version as well as chipset drivers, and I've done that, it didn't help.

Some of the dumps as seen in blueScreenViewer

Frequent random BSODs 444b3c9f-9f31-4241-88f7-60a9e9ad78cc?upload=true.jpg

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

microsvc, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Frequent random BSODs [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent random BSODs

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Frequent random BSODs :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Frequent random BSODs

1. Frequent random BSODs - Similar Threads - Frequent random BSODs

2. Random Frequent BSOD Please Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Frequent BSOD Please Help: Hi, I need help with my problem. My Windows goes BSOD so frequently. I don't know what triggers it. It just happens randomly when I leave my PC on (usually while streaming / downloading), playing games, or even when I'm doing work on my PC. Here's some information:...
  3. Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Recent Random Frequent BSOD: Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here. Config: AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler Gigabyte...
  4. BSOD Frequently and Random,preliminary troubleshooting tried

BSOD Frequently and Random,preliminary troubleshooting tried: Hi all, this is a fun one. Would really appreciate someone's help with more experience than me. Thank you in advance! Symptoms: BSOD randomly, can be doing anything, Chrome, gaming, downloading, doesn't seem to occur if computer is idle. Troubleshooting steps...
  5. Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

Frequent & random BSOD ahcix64s.sys & ntoskrnl.exe: I retired several years ago from 20+ years as a computer tech for a large non-profit in midwest USA. Reading error logs is not one of my strong points. I am having repeated BSODs on my own computer for quite a while that I have not been able to resolve. My DM Log Collector...
  6. Frequent Random BSODs with different Errors

Frequent Random BSODs with different Errors: Hi, I've posted here before in regards to my BSOD issue, which seemed to have resolved, but now, it appears to be happening quire frequently. In the last week, I've had about 5 BSOD, each with different errors. - BAD_POOL_HEADER - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL -...
  7. BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming

BSOD's Random, varied and frequent while gaming: The BSOD's I was getting at first, while gaming ( World of Warcraft Mainly) were DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and wdf01000.sys . This has been happening for some time now but was unable to resolve the issue after updating the wireless adapter...
  8. Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..

Frequent Random BSOD, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and INACCESSIBLE_BOOT..: Hi all, I have been getting frequent BSOD over the past 3 months or so, I run "chkdsk /f /r" once or twice a week via the "assist" button boot drive cmd to get it less often. I tried running sfc but it stops halfway, I tried updating it via safe mode but I couldn't....
  9. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error: I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP...
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...