Windows 10: Frequent, random crashes

Discus and support Frequent, random crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Frequent, random crashes in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-random-crashes/24ed4c0f-6417-4bf7-920c-2f146cdaa835 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MackenzieMiller, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Frequent, random crashes

Frequent, random crashes in Win 10

:)

MackenzieMiller, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Frequent, random crashes [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent, random crashes

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Frequent, random crashes :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Frequent, random crashes

1. Frequent, random crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent random crashes

2. frequent crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  3. Problem with DLLhost.exe crashing frequently

Problem with DLLhost.exe crashing frequently: I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1709 running on a Dell Inspiron 7559 I-7 notebook. Windows seems to crash and recover every now and then. On checking Reliability Monitor, I find that DLLHost.exe is crashing frequently (at least once a day, and sometimes more frequently). The...
  4. Recent Random Frequent BSOD

Recent Random Frequent BSOD: Relatively new build, clean install of Win10, fully updated. Starting a couple of days ago, I've been re-booting about every hour or so, nothing helpful in the Event Viewer logs, so I'm posting here. Config: AMD Athlon X4 860K factory clocking and cooler Gigabyte...
  5. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Windows 10 crashing frequently: Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?
  6. Frequent crashes

Frequent crashes: My T420s crashes at least once a week. Has been doing so for a long time. I'm sending the analysis files along with this post. Thanks in advance. 45122
  7. Frequent crashes and restarts

Frequent crashes and restarts: Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent...
  8. Frequent and Random Restarts

Frequent and Random Restarts: A couple months ago, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10. First thing it did was to update Windows. I did manage to transfer all my files and programs, but practically from day 1, I keep getting the BSOD with one of two messages: critical process died or unexpected store...
  9. Frequent Crashes

Frequent Crashes: Right now I have 3 large monitors. When the crash happens my display freezes on my primary monitor and the other monitors go black. On windows 8 it would go straight to BSOD and on 10 it shows the last thing i was looking at.\ The crash typically occurs when I am using...
  10. Frequent Crash including mouse crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent Crash including mouse crash: Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but for the past few weeks my computer will stop working and when I finally get some reaction from it there will be a notice at the bottom of the page that says something like "msn has stopped working" then another...