Windows 10: Frequent, random crashes

Discus and support Frequent, random crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Frequent, random crashes in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-random-crashes/24ed4c0f-6417-4bf7-920c-2f146cdaa835 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MackenzieMiller, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Frequent, random crashes

Frequent, random crashes in Win 10

:)

MackenzieMiller, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Frequent, random crashes [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent, random crashes

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Frequent, random crashes :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Frequent, random crashes

1. Frequent, random crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent random crashes

2. PC crashing randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing randomly and frequently: Hi!My PC keeps crashing whenever I do any task like as simple as watching a youtube video on chrome, or play video games. It just freezes and won't respond, sometimes it just goes to a black screen when I just minimize a game or whatever.The freeze happens as soon as I play a...
  3. PC crashing randomly and frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing randomly and frequently: Hi!My PC keeps crashing whenever I do any task like as simple as watching a youtube video on chrome, or play video games. It just freezes and won't respond, sometimes it just goes to a black screen when I just minimize a game or whatever.The freeze happens as soon as I play a...
  4. Appareantly random frequent laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Appareantly random frequent laptop crashes.: Hello,A short while ago my HP OMEN 15-EN0150ND laptop seemingly for apparently no reason overheated while I was transporting it I believe it was turned off but might have been in sleep mode. Ever since then it is prone to frequent crashes; both BSOD as well as the screen...
  5. Appareantly random frequent laptop crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Appareantly random frequent laptop crashes.: Hello,A short while ago my HP OMEN 15-EN0150ND laptop seemingly for apparently no reason overheated while I was transporting it I believe it was turned off but might have been in sleep mode. Ever since then it is prone to frequent crashes; both BSOD as well as the screen...
  6. Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts: Hi All - ever since i have upgraded the OS Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - my Desktop is crashing frequently and restarts. In the event viewer i notice many errors: From the application log: svchost 4544,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page...
  7. Random, frequent BSOD / crashes and how to fix

Random, frequent BSOD / crashes and how to fix: Hello, For the past two months, I've been getting random, but rather frequent BSOD and complete system crashes/reboots and for the life of me cannot figure out how to fix them. I've ran memory tester came back no issues I've unplugged all USB devices I've opened my...
  8. New PC randomly and frequently crashes and reboots

New PC randomly and frequently crashes and reboots: I recently built a new PC which has been getting frequent crashes. Can anyone help me solve this issue, included below is a Minidump from the most recent crash, as well some computer part information if that helps. Please let me know if you need any more information and...
  9. Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.: I have a HP Compaq 6305 Pro. The details can be seen by clicking the "My Computer" button on the left side of my post. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.778). For the last two weeks or so, my computer has been frequently crashing/randomly restarting. It...
  10. Frequent and random Windows 10 crashes.

Frequent and random Windows 10 crashes.: Lately I've been randomly getting random crashes while surfing the web, playing games etc...before it happens the screenn simply freezes for around 5 seconds then the typical ":( Your pc ran into a problem..." appears....