Windows 10: Frequent random shuts down on motherboard screen and upon waking up from sleep

Discus and support Frequent random shuts down on motherboard screen and upon waking up from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, can anyone help me with my problem, I can't also get any leads from the crash dumps. Most of the time, the crash dumps indicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Edwreigh, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Edwreigh Win User

Frequent random shuts down on motherboard screen and upon waking up from sleep

Hello, can anyone help me with my problem, I can't also get any leads from the crash dumps.

Most of the time, the crash dumps indicate INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR, then recently I just had a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M error.

My PC shuts down suddenly:

- seconds after/or while in the Motherboard Screen

- After waking up from sleep

Things I tried:

- adjusting the CPU clock and voltage since I suspect the CPU might be crashing do to undervolting but it seems not to be the case

- updating all drivers via DriverPack and manually updating NVIDIA drivers

- checking my CPU temps, seems alright, I don't get a shutdown while playing games anyways

- checking my SSD firmware, it's up to date

- BIOS is up to date as well

These are my crash dumps according to WhoCrashed software.

On Mon 14/09/2020 11:56:30 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091520-11687-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F3EA0
    Bugcheck code: 0xA0 0x10E, 0xA, 0xAF87, 0x555B
    Error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 14/09/2020 8:31:32 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091420-11296-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x2CDE4B
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8027E0CDE4B, 0xFFFF858A7E2E1028, 0xFFFF858A7E2E0860
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 10/09/2020 10:48:50 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091120-11984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDF40
    Bugcheck code: 0xA0 0x10E, 0xA, 0x2DE9, 0xF599
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.

On Mon 07/09/2020 11:28:40 pm your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090820-11546-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA0 0x10E, 0xA, 0x4DCF, 0x7104

On Fri 04/09/2020 12:21:43 am your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090420-10484-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA0 0x10E, 0xA, 0xAC03, 0xF8D2

Thanks everyone!

:)

Edwreigh, Sep 15, 2020

2. Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Sep 15, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Frequent random shuts down on motherboard screen and upon waking up from sleep

PC shuts down a while after waking up from sleep.

Hi,

I would suggest you to check your screen saver or themes settings if they are configured correctly so that your PC doesn't shut down after waking from sleep.

Hope this helps.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Frequent random shuts down on motherboard screen and upon waking up from sleep

1. Frequent random shuts down on motherboard screen and upon waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Frequent random shuts

2. "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently: The "Shut Down Windows" screen has started showing up randomly/frequently requiring me to X out before the program will continue. How do I get to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-windows-screen-pops-up/b4d89d67-cac1-4375-aedb-b2cc80cbba2a
  3. "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently: The "Shut Down Windows" screen has started showing up randomly/frequently requiring me to X out before the program will continue. How do I get to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-windows-screen-pops-up/b4d89d67-cac1-4375-aedb-b2cc80cbba2a
  4. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  5. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  6. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  8. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  9. Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop immediately waking up from sleep and shut down: As the title says, when I put the laptop to sleep it boots up right away, when I do a full shut down, it turns off, boots up after 2 seconds, fails while making a strange sound, then boots up again normally This has been bothering me for three weeks now, I have looked...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121