Windows 10: Frequent restarts on BIOS - help!

Discus and support Frequent restarts on BIOS - help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When switching on my PC it gets stuck in a loop of auto reboots. Here's a video which shows what I mean PC problem - YouTube This only appeared to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fizzyfizz, Dec 20, 2016.

1. fizzyfizz Win User

Frequent restarts on BIOS - help!

When switching on my PC it gets stuck in a loop of auto reboots. Here's a video which shows what I mean PC problem - YouTube

This only appeared to start happening after a Win10 update was installed a few days ago but I'm struggling to see how the two can be connected as the PC doesn't get past BIOS.

However, after a number of attempts, the machine will eventually start. Everything appears ok for about 10-30 minutes but then poof! PC restarts again without warning. No shutdown screen. Just a complete reboot.

I've unplugged USB devices, ensured the RAM is ok but am having no luck. Could this be a problem with the PSU?

Can anyone suggest anything?

THANKS

:)

fizzyfizz, Dec 20, 2016

2. Please examine this dmp file. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD! Windows 10

John

You need to run the computer for a while to see if the updated BIOS and drivers have fixed the problem. Restart the computer from frequently.

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 20, 2016
  3. Please examine this dmp file. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD! Windows 10

Ok. Will do.

It hasn't crashed since the BIOS and those drivers were updated, so hopefully that has fixed the problem.

Why do I need to restart the computer regularly?

John.

JohnHannaford, Dec 20, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Hi and welcome to 10 forums.
    That suggests a HW or BIOS problem. Can you reset your BIOS ? If it's UEFI there may be some corruption in EFI partition on the disk. If it still won't BOOT past BIOS, try disconnecting drive.
    Anything on the monitor while this is happening ?

CountMike, Dec 20, 2016
  5. fizzyfizz Win User
    Thanks for the reply CountMike. I'm not sure what you mean by HW.

The machine is under warrenty so I'm thinking the best thing to do is just send it back. It's just very frustrating that's all *Sad

fizzyfizz, Dec 20, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    HW like in HardWare. If it will not go to BIOS screen than you better sand it back as it's under warranty and opening it may void it but that's exactly what you would have to do to reset BIOS or start any repairs.
    Also try without anything connected to USB ports, I have seen a WiFi dongle that prevented computer from starting, some other device may do that too.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent restarts on BIOS - help! - Similar Threads - Frequent restarts BIOS

2. Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error: SO! I've had this issue for quite some time and have been trying to fix it myself to no avail. I keep getting BSOD with the video scheduler internal error, often multiple times a day. I always get this same problem report, I've seen it just about every day over the last...
  3. Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error: SO! I've had this issue for quite some time and have been trying to fix it myself to no avail. I keep getting BSOD with the video scheduler internal error, often multiple times a day. I always get this same problem report, I've seen it just about every day over the last...
  4. Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  6. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent restarts: After installing latest updates KB5012117 and KB5012599 my pc started to go into error and restarts immediately after loading. I tried uninstalling last updates via safe mode but thats not working. Probably i will have to reset my pc?...
  7. Frequent restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error

Frequent restarts with a video_internal_schedular_error: I keep having my windows unexpectedly crash with a blue screen and a video internal scheduler error message. When I check my reliability report and find the instance it crashed im given this info every time on each of the crashes: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck....
  9. Frequent random restarts

Frequent random restarts: Hello, I was looking through all the old threads and hoping you could help me like you've helped others. Main issue I use my desktop almost everyday and started to get the occasional unexplained restart probably late last year - less than once a week. In the last couple of...
  10. Frequent crashes and restarts

Frequent crashes and restarts: Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent...