Windows 10: Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next.

Discus and support Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My PC has very frequent BSODs many with different codes. I can expect 5-10 BSODs per day. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or logic to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by andrew1331, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next.

Hi,

My PC has very frequent BSODs many with different codes. I can expect 5-10 BSODs per day. There doesn't seem to be any pattern or logic to the error codes received or the time the BSOD occurs.

• I have reinstalled a freshly downloaded copy of Windows from USB, then when I got more BSODs I reinstalled again on a brand new hard drive.
    • I have run MEMTEST86 (default settings) for two passes with no errors.
    • I have turned on APPVERIFIER and let encountered a BSOD whilst it was enabled, it provided no further information for me (though perhaps you can see it in the dumps?)
    • I have tried allowing Windows Update to gather all my drivers, and I have also tried manually downloading them from their respective manufacturer websites.
    • Overclocking is disabled and my BIOS is at the latest version.
    • Changed all my peripherals (monitor, mouse, keyboard, cables)

Attached are three most recent minidumps. The one of which occurred whilst APPVERIFIER was enabled. Also attached is CPU-Z text report (i.e. specsheet) and MSINFO as your guidelines recommend.

Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]

I'll post this and hopefully someone can help.

Basic specs:

Win 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked)

64GB 2400 DDR4 RAM

Asrock X370 Gaming X

Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

:)

andrew1331, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

I first did step 7:
    I downloaded avastclear with the link provided. According to the instruction on the avast site, I rebooted in safe mode and started avastclear.exe

However:
    After login, I got this [system error] message:

Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]

Then I starten avastclear and received these 2 error messages:

Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. [​IMG]

As this didn't work, I rebooted normally, and uninstalled avast the normal way with "add/remove programms".

Smurfmans, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

E drive

Smurfmans, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next.

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next.

1. Frequent seemingly random BSOD -- have followed your instructions, unsure what to do next. - Similar Threads - Frequent seemingly random

2. Unsure what OneDrive Instructions MeanTh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what OneDrive Instructions MeanTh: The Instructions say: The Files selected will be available in OneDrive. Unselected files will be hidden from File Explorer. I am unsure what this means. It seems like Unselected Files should be shown in File Manager so users can select and read them. As it is, I'm not sure...
  3. Unsure what OneDrive Instructions MeanTh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsure what OneDrive Instructions MeanTh: The Instructions say: The Files selected will be available in OneDrive. Unselected files will be hidden from File Explorer. I am unsure what this means. It seems like Unselected Files should be shown in File Manager so users can select and read them. As it is, I'm not sure...
  4. BSOD issues, unsure what to do to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues, unsure what to do to fix: For a few months, my laptop has been having errors. I cannot reset it as it has software I use to assist with my disability and I do not have the activation keys to re-download this software. The errors I am receiving in Event Viewer are 6062 - Lso was triggered. I tried...
  5. BSOD issues, unsure what to do to fix

BSOD issues, unsure what to do to fix: For a few months, my laptop has been having errors. I cannot reset it as it has software I use to assist with my disability and I do not have the activation keys to re-download this software. The errors I am receiving in Event Viewer are 6062 - Lso was triggered. I tried...
  6. Unsure what caused this BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  7. Unsure what caused this BSOD

Unsure what caused this BSOD: The error code was: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50what failed: UsbHub3.systhis occurred when I plugged something into my usb port, from what I understand this could be a corrupted driver but I haven't updated anything recently.This was what I got when I used windbg to view...
  8. Facing frequent BSOD, unsure of cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing frequent BSOD, unsure of cause: Hi, I am on a fairly new system of around 5 months old only, have a few games installed, but only this week I am facing BSODs, faced 5 crashes on last 3 days. I don't know the actual cause and I forgot to take note of the error codes, but I have the minidump files and the...
  9. BSOD Unsure of what to do

BSOD Unsure of what to do: Hi guys looking for some advice here. I ran memtest86 and dont get any errors that come back i have also monitored temps for my cpu and doesnt seem to be overheating under load and also ran a stresstest on cpu and no crashes or anything. This is the minidump i got back....
  10. Unsure on what to do

Unsure on what to do: [IMG] My laptop Lenovo Z50 AMD A10 Win10 OS runs fine then will randomly blue screen like this. It makes it frustrating to troubleshoot when the QR code doesnt read and theres no actual code to view. Has anyone had this issue before or would know how to fix it?...